peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please Get Me on Track! I'll even take a kick in the pants!

I just started at the end of January. I was making pretty good progress until we had a barrage of houseguests and biz trips. While I did continue my workouts, my diet got derailed. With all my Mexican food eating, Sangria sippin' houseguests gone, I'm starting back at step one and going at it hard. Since I am starting out, I would love feedback/criticism/suggestions on my diet and routine. I am not afraid to workout hard.

Stats - I'm 5'1". Now at 114 lbs. I'd estimate my bodyfat to be around 20-25% (or more).

Routine:
    M - F
    AM: 30 mins of fasting cardio
    NOON: 30-40 mins of heavy weights, 10 mins of HITT afterwards
    PM: 30 mins of LISS cardio - jog, walk the dog or the kid

SAT - Long runs. I am training for an Ultra Marathon in June. I've only been running 6-10, but starting this weekend it'll be 14 and eventually all the way to 25 miles.
    SUN - Rest

DIET

I calculated my needs using the sticky to be 1600 for maintenance. Since shaving off 500 would put me at 1100, I used the percentage method deducted 15% to put me at 1350 calories a day.

I keep my protein at 115 g a day and the carbs are around the same. Typical diet is:

Meal 1 - protein shake
    Meal 2 - 1/2 oatmeal and greek yogurt
    Meal 3 - brown rice or quinoa, veggie, chicken breast
    Meal 4 - tuna in mustard
    Meal 5 - chicken breast and a side salad

I track cals and macros and hit these religiously. I do have wine on the weekend and maybe one during the week. But I make sure I don't exceed my daily needs. I would LOVE to know your thoughts. I want to succeed. I was a runner for 2 yrs and still flabby. I want to see progress like what I see from those of you on this forum. You ladies are my inspiration.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 5'1 114lbs you would be doing yourself an extreme disservice by aiming to lose weight, especially if you'd only be eating 1100 calories and ESPECIALLY if you're training for an ultra marathon!

You need to eat enough to keep up with your running.

Your program probably could be reevaluated as well. HIIT 5x a week is overkill. Doing cardio unrelated to training for your event is overkill. Even training with weights 5x a week might be overkill depending on what you're doing.

Here is a good article to read that I think fits inline with your situation, especially the "runner for 2 years and still flabby" comment.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._cardio_coffin

peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peachiz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much for the article! I've already read it and started circulating it to running pals I know who are in the same boat and ready to drop down a bit. While I have cut my weekly cardio in half, there's not much I can do about the long weekend runs if I want to avoid going and out a bonking on race day.

As for weight training. It goes like this:
    Mon - Chest / Tri
    Tues - Legs
    Wed - Abs
    Thu - Back / Bi
    Fri - Shoulders / Abs

Too much? I know I tend to overdo things. At one point I was doing cardio 3 times a day. I'm a work in progress....learning self restraint. ;-) So would you tweak the above schedule at all? And should I dedicate that HIIT time at noon to doing more weights instead so I will have a full hour? And lastly, maybe cut the AM runs down to 3 days a week?

Again, I appreciate the help. I want to do this right.

Should I repost this on a different section of the forum? Really seeking feedback and advice.

Thanks

NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by peachiz76 View Post
    I just started at the end of January. I was making pretty good progress until we had a barrage of houseguests and biz trips. While I did continue my workouts, my diet got derailed. With all my Mexican food eating, Sangria sippin' houseguests gone, I'm starting back at step one and going at it hard. Since I am starting out, I would love feedback/criticism/suggestions on my diet and routine. I am not afraid to workout hard.

Stats - I'm 5'1". Now at 114 lbs. I'd estimate my bodyfat to be around 20-25% (or more).

Routine:
    M - F
    AM: 30 mins of fasting cardio
    NOON: 30-40 mins of heavy weights, 10 mins of HITT afterwards
    PM: 30 mins of LISS cardio - jog, walk the dog or the kid

SAT - Long runs. I am training for an Ultra Marathon in June. I've only been running 6-10, but starting this weekend it'll be 14 and eventually all the way to 25 miles.
    SUN - Rest

DIET

I calculated my needs using the sticky to be 1600 for maintenance. Since shaving off 500 would put me at 1100, I used the percentage method deducted 15% to put me at 1350 calories a day.

I keep my protein at 115 g a day and the carbs are around the same. Typical diet is:

Meal 1 - protein shake
    Meal 2 - 1/2 oatmeal and greek yogurt
    Meal 3 - brown rice or quinoa, veggie, chicken breast
    Meal 4 - tuna in mustard
    Meal 5 - chicken breast and a side salad

I track cals and macros and hit these religiously. I do have wine on the weekend and maybe one during the week. But I make sure I don't exceed my daily needs. I would LOVE to know your thoughts. I want to succeed. I was a runner for 2 yrs and still flabby. I want to see progress like what I see from those of you on this forum. You ladies are my inspiration.
    I don't know much about training for a marathon, but I would think that you should be eating more than you are (I wouldn't eat in a deficit). I eat more than that on a cut, and we are about the same height and weight. Search the forum for info on training for a marathon, see how the others are eating, reassess your calories, and go from there.