karategurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I don't know what nutritional information to believe

After too much research, I'm so confused that I'm stuck at a standstill. I'm at the point that I just need someone to tell me what to do so I can start doing something.
    I practice martial arts and my aim is to get back into full time training but I'm always lacking a lot of energy. I've been putting this down to my nutrition as this is the only area really lacking any consistency.
    I am 70.5kg and approximately 23% body fat. In the past year, I've lost 8kg of fat and gained just over 3kg in muscle. Ultimately, I'm looking at reducing my fat levels to 16% which means losing another 5kg of fat.
    I have read so much conflicting information, I just don't know what to do anymore. I've read that I should be on a high carb diet (70% intake). Ive read i should be on a low carb diet (30% intake). I've also read that I should be carb cycling. I've read that I should be on a high protein diet. But the most mind boggling of all is reading that I should be consuming 1300 calories by one Martial arts text to 3500 calories in another. That is a HUGE difference!
    Where do I start?

- I burn 250 to 600 calories in exercise per standard day (0.5-1.5hrs training) and up to 1500 calories on Wednesdays (3hrs training)
    - Chicken breast is my only meat source
    - I'm happy to eat the same food types every day as variety doesn't phase me

ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000) ispoody1243 is just really nice. (+1000)
    really need to read stickies

eat adequate protein, fat fill the rest with carbs
    disregard ratios and percentages!
    prob at your size 140-150g protein and 55g fat is about right
    fill remaining calories with carbs
    easy as pie

PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhagBucket will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're overthinking it way too much. At the end of the day, it all comes down to cals in vs cals out.

All those carb tricks are for bodybuilders so dont worry about them. They are ment for surprising your body with carbs to draw more waters into the muscles to look bigger. Probly not what youre aiming for.

Just find your daily metabolic rate, and eat below it every day while also doing some form of cardio 4-5 times a week.

I train fasted when i get low on bf to help cut (~15% for guys) but some would argue agajnst doing that

Im not too hot on womens nutrition so bare with me on this last part. Most men eat aroud 2000cals a day while lifting and cardio several times a week to lose weight. Id imagine a woman would be somwhere a little below that since you are lighter and more likely less muscular than average exercising males

Originally Posted by ispoody1243 View Post
    really need to read stickies

eat adequate protein, fat fill the rest with carbs
    disregard ratios and percentages!
    prob at your size 140-150g protein and 55g fat is about right
    fill remaining calories with carbs
    easy as pie
    I read the stickies and it's just more information on top of other information. I think it's a bit of overload and I was asking because I needed help.
    Nutrition is by far not a strong point for me and never has been. My training is great and very structured towards my goals. I am here asking because I want to step up to the next level.

For the last two kilos I was trying to shift to get to my first goal weight, I successfully did that on 1400 calories eating 118g protein, 46g healthy fats and high carbs at breakfast and post workout, but once again I've hit a plateu I've been the same for the past four weeks. At least I haven't gained anything

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You might just need to keep plugging on. Your 'stall' might just be retained water.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

As the above posters mentioned, it is not as complicated as you seem to think:
    - calorie defecit
    - adequate protein and fat
    - adequate vitamins and minerals

...and that's pretty much it. The rest is down to preference - you can experiment with different levels of carbs vs. fats to see how it makes you feel but if you feel OK on your current diet then you don't have to change it if you would rather not.

Originally Posted by ****Bucket View Post
    You're overthinking it way too much. At the end of the day, it all comes down to cals in vs cals out.

All those carb tricks are for bodybuilders so dont worry about them. They are ment for surprising your body with carbs to draw more waters into the muscles to look bigger. Probly not what youre aiming for.

Just find your daily metabolic rate, and eat below it every day while also doing some form of cardio 4-5 times a week.

I train fasted when i get low on bf to help cut (~15% for guys) but some would argue agajnst doing that

Im not too hot on womens nutrition so bare with me on this last part. Most men eat aroud 2000cals a day while lifting and cardio several times a week to lose weight. Id imagine a woman would be somwhere a little below that since you are lighter and more likely less muscular than average exercising males
    When I calculate my metabolic rate, it's at 1515, so if I exercise and burn 250 calories, then I need to eat 1765 calories at the maximum right? But of course that would maintain weight then.

Going on from that, I know on average I burn around 3000-3500 calories on a full training week. So that would mean I should eat an extra 400-500 calories daily on top of the 1515 to maintain weight, less intake to lose?

Sorry about the 'ignorance' on the subject but it's something I find really hard to get my head around.

LyarSink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently on ketosis, my macros are Calories:2,365
    Carbs:120
    Protein:77
    Fats:175

You should research it, it's really different.

I'm pretty much on a vegan diet, I do alot of functional-strength training.

I also do martial arts, I train combat sambo, boxing and judo.

I combine that with parkour, climb up and down a rope using just your arms ten times.

Subscribed by the way, hope you get help.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You might just need to keep plugging on. Your 'stall' might just be retained water.

As the above posters mentioned, it is not as complicated as you seem to think:
    - calorie defecit
    - adequate protein and fat
    - adequate vitamins and minerals

...and that's pretty much it. The rest is down to preference - you can experiment with different levels of carbs vs. fats to see how it makes you feel but if you feel OK on your current diet then you don't have to change it if you would rather not.
    Thanks for the link. I know for a fact I retain fluid in my problems areas - hips and thighs. I had lymphatic drainage (endomologie) to help remove the accumulation once and the visual improvement was dramatic after a single session. At $85 per session 2-3 x a week for an initial 10-20 week period was a little steep to continue on with treatments but the loss in fluid was amazing. Not sure if it would be the same thing though...

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by karategurl View Post
    When I calculate my metabolic rate, it's at 1515, so if I exercise and burn 250 calories, then I need to eat 1765 calories at the maximum right? But of course that would maintain weight then.

Going on from that, I know on average I burn around 3000-3500 calories on a full training week. So that would mean I should eat an extra 400-500 calories daily on top of the 1515 to maintain weight, less intake to lose?

Sorry about the 'ignorance' on the subject but it's something I find really hard to get my head around.
    Stop trying to count calories burnt from individual activities as you aren't accounting for general daily movements

Calculate BMR
    Multiply by activity factor
    Eat at 10-20% deficit
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by LyarSink View Post

I'm pretty much on a vegan diet, I do alot of functional-strength training.

I also do martial arts, I train combat sambo, boxing and judo.

I combine that with parkour, climb up and down a rope using just your arms ten times.

Subscribed by the way, hope you get help.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I would go vegan (considered it many times) but I love my dairy too much and soy is definitely an aquired taste

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Stop trying to count calories burnt from individual activities as you aren't accounting for general daily movements

Calculate BMR
    Multiply by activity factor
    Eat at 10-20% deficit
    Thank you for something so straight forward I'll give that a shot.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lol oh the irony

You aren't doing keto
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

My apologies, I recall reading something about keto being 120 Carbs or less, I'm still getting the fruity breath and my keto stix still work.

My apologies, I recall reading something about keto being 120 Carbs or less, I'm still getting the fruity breath and my keto stix still work.
    Ketostix are worthless, they show positive when not and negative when in

<30g is the aim, ~50g max

Thankyou, I may consider changing my macros then. It means a lot that you've helped me.

Apparently,
    I can't link you, but do a search on shadowwalker.

My apologies for having you do work.