Thread: Keto Newbie

littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebluej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Newbie

Hello! A keto newbie here - I just started keto today. Aiming for muscle/strength gains and fat loss. I feel better overall when I cut down on my carbs, so I'm hoping that keto will also have a positive effect.

A little background: I've been following a "lower-carb" diet for the past 3 weeks or so, averaging ~100g of carbs (which, compared to the SAD, can be called low) and >110g protein daily. I can definitely tell that my body is out of whack in regards to insulin, because when I eat a high carb day I just feel like **** and have blood sugar crashes. For what it's worth, I follow a Paleo/Primal diet in regards to the types of foods I eat (no grains, no soy, I do have a tiny bit of dairy). I also have started experimenting with Intermittent Fasting, and try to do this 3-4 days a week.

Quick question - can anyone recommend me books about keto?
    I've tried googling it and I get Lyle McDonald's book, but that's $50. As much as I'd love to buy it, I don't have that kind of money right now. Otherwise I just get Atkins books and ketogenic diet books for epilepsy (which I may have - being tested soon - another reason I've been looking into keto). I've been devouring forum after forum (keto forum here, /r/keto, MFP, fitocracy), reading guides and testimonials and such, I just would also like to have a trusted book if possible.

Cheers,
    Jess

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    check pm