goforitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How young can you become a personal trainer?

Can I get a personal certification as young as 15 years old? Which organization can I get it from? If I can't get it at 15 then what is the minimum age I can get a certification at?

jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess you could take a no name cert at that age, but who would seriously consider you as a professional when you're barely out of middle school?

It'd be much more difficult taking a good test like ACSM or NSCA without the basic high school sciences, but I guess it could be done.

ButlersGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by goforitman View Post
    ...If I can't get it at 15 then what is the minimum age I can get a certification at?
    The minimum for most if not all well known reputable certifying agencies is 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To take the ACE personal trainer certification exam, there are only 2 pre-requisites:

1. You must be at least 18 years of age.
    2. You must hold a current adult CPR and AED certificate.

Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Add to the fact that I doubt you'll be able to find an insurance company that will insure you under the age of 18. Good luck in your pursuit of this career path. I recommend to start acquiring books on the basics of human biology (especially muscle and exercise mechanics) and so forth information that pertains to personal training and then when you're closer to 18 actual buy the study material needed to the certification you want to get as I'm sure organizations will have everything updated by their "rules" and outlook of personal training (the fundamentals of human biology/etc as I noted above will not change obviously).
    Never Accept Defeat
    Never Quit
    You Deserve What You Settle For

Check out my past completed supplement log(s):
    LG Sciences Cold Fusion EX - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=385525371#post385525371
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=402458291#post402458291
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State GT & Anadraulic Pump - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=472949631#post472949631

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive had people in class who were 16 but the bigger question is what age will a gym hire you as a personal trainer. My guess is that its 18 even if your certified. Best to ask gyms what their age requirement is to get a better answer
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com