NonEntity1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

83" Basement ceiling with 82.5" TDR Power Rack. Floor padding needed?

Hey, I just want to start lifting at home. Not going to be doing any crossfit lifting or major lbs. Mainly just bench press, squats, and presses. I don't drop weights, so I'm thinking I don't need padding for the rubber Hex dumbbells I'll be getting.

My main concerns are this:
    1) Concrete floor may cause some moisture...not sure since my basement is waterproofed and fairly new. Do I need a rubber stall mat under the actual power rack? .5" will make it touch the ceiling, I'm thinking... Rack dimensions are 48" x 48.5" 82.5"

2) If i do get a 4 x 6 mat, and the width of the rack is 4", is that safe? I know the mats are heavy duty and won't move, and I'm told the rack won't move, but edge sitting on an edge seems like it's cutting it too close. I could put the mat sideways, but I'm not sure if a bench would be stable being half on a mat in the rack, and off of it by the feet.

I could just buy foam pads on Amazon, since I don't need anything heavy duty (no dead lifts as of now), and I don't really drop weights in general. Would thin foam used for cardio machines be sufficient under the power rack just to get it off the concrete?

If anybody has any layouts or suggestions, let me know.
    I'm getting the XMark Lumberjack Barbell, TDS Power Rack / Squat Rack, and I'm not too sure of the bench yet. I'd like to spend around $150 max for an incline/decline, with awesome reviews I can do $200 but prefer not too... I can find some used weight plates for now but I'd like clean new ones (bumper plates would be ideal) (a bit grossed out by people's used stuff) haha. Keep in mind I don't see myself lifting more than a couple hundred lbs for now. Just started lifting free weights at the gym a few months ago so I'm pretty new to it all. Thanks!

6'1" male and 180 lbs.

gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NonEntity1000 View Post
    Hey, I just want to start lifting at home. Not going to be doing any crossfit lifting or major lbs. Mainly just bench press, squats, and presses. I don't drop weights, so I'm thinking I don't need padding for the rubber Hex dumbbells I'll be getting.

My main concerns are this:
    1) Concrete floor may cause some moisture...not sure since my basement is waterproofed and fairly new. Do I need a rubber stall mat under the actual power rack? .5" will make it touch the ceiling, I'm thinking...

2) If i do get a 4 x 6 mat, and the width of the rack is 4", is that safe? I know the mats are heavy duty and won't move, and I'm told the rack won't move, but edge sitting on an edge seems like it's cutting it too close. I could put the mat sideways, but I'm not sure if a bench would be stable being half on a mat in the rack, and off of it by the feet.

I could just buy foam pads on Amazon, since I don't need anything heavy duty (no dead lifts as of now), and I don't really drop weights in general. Would thin foam used for cardio machines be sufficient under the power rack just to get it off the concrete?

If anybody has any layouts or suggestions, let me know.
    I'm getting the XMark Lumberjack Barbell, TDS Power Rack / Squat Rack, and I'm not too sure of the bench yet. I'd like to spend around $150 max for an incline/decline, with awesome reviews I can do $200 but prefer not too... I can find some used weight plates for now but I'd like clean new ones (bumper plates would be ideal) (a bit grossed out by people's used stuff) haha. Keep in mind I don't see myself lifting more than a couple hundred lbs for now. Just started lifting free weights at the gym a few months ago so I'm pretty new to it all. Thanks!

6'1" male and 180 lbs.
    i use these here with a mix from amazon and some from costco
    https://www.amazon.com/*********-Puz...ds=square+mats

i have them under the rack and cut it out with a knife so both me and the rack are standing on concrete. i have deadlifted on these for over a year and they have held up great(replaced mats on the side once) with no damage to the concrete below and i only have one pair of 45's so they have handled 445 being let down on the one little spot of the 45 plate thats touching the ground. now if you drop or slam the weight down then they probably will cause damage in which case id go with the stall mats
    best lifts at 180lb bodyweight
    best= 370 squat goal= 405
    best= 260 bench goal= 315
    best= 445 deadlift goal= 505

NonEntity1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gokitty199 View Post
    i have them under the rack and cut it out with a knife so both me and the rack are standing on concrete. i have deadlifted on these for over a year and they have held up great(replaced mats on the side once) with no damage to the concrete below and i only have one pair of 45's so they have handled 445 being let down on the one little spot of the 45 plate thats touching the ground. now if you drop or slam the weight down then they probably will cause damage in which case id go with the stall mats
    I was thinking about doing that too, except I'd probably go with these from Amazon, based on the surface. Looks easier to clean.
    BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles

I just wondered if the rack itself has to be on padding, or if being on concrete would be bad for it in anyway.