Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tredvolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Sorry dude....that is not really strong. I dont consider myself truly strong (compared to the truly elite), and here is a vid of 2.5x bw.....FOR 7reps...not 1!. Or 2xbw for 19.

Not boasting....but keeping it real. These "elite" guys are not really "elite"
    I probably expressed myself poorly (english isn't my first language), but that's my point exactly. Guys like Khalipa and Froning are strong crossfitters - but they're not truly strong, unlike the people I mentioned in my previous post.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    We are all responsible for ourselves, whether it be BB/PL/CFit
    This is the best sentence in this thread, ever.

As soon as we all recognize that there is no single, one type, silver bullet way to train, there will be world peace.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tredvolt View Post
    I probably expressed myself poorly (english isn't my first language), but that's my point exactly. Guys like Khalipa and Froning are strong crossfitters - but they're not truly strong, unlike the people I mentioned in my previous post.
    Short/long story, not sure which yet.

I am a strong dude, at least i think i am. I think i badmouthed crossfit on this post earlier and have changed my stance slightly. I have friends that do crossfit some have hurt themselves and some have never. All have been after me to try it out. So in mayish, i did. Started a couple days a week. I also decided to stop eating fast food at that time. My begining weight at the time was around 220. My deadlift was about 500. Backsquat 500. Bench 455. 5 months later, my deads are heavier did 495 for 2 the other day and could have easily done it a couple more times. My squats are at least the same. My bench has fallen off i think but i did get 405x3 on my 8th set 2 weeks ago. My overhead press is 275x1. My current body weight is around 218, only about 2lbs lighter, but my bf is much lower at least it looks it from my pictures.
    The workout friday was 7 rounds. 400m run and 29 air squats. Anyone that knows me knows i normally would have stopped as soon as i saw running. My cardio without rinning everyday is extremly high during workouts. I am actually amazed at how long my motor will run. I am a very competitive guy. During each workout, i always try to make sure my weights are higher and i finish faster. Yes with years of lifting form is very important to me. I find that each person is really responsible for his or her form but the coaches at the box usually will stop someone that is not using propper form.

The rest of the story:
    At 37 i am in the best shape of my life. I have incorporated crossfit, heavy lifting and good eating habits. I have my first crossfit challenge nov 3. I am not doing the elite due to lack of propper form on several exercises. After i do a few contest, i plan to work on my flexibility and form much more. The contest will be 4 workouts in one day. With my strength i have certain advantages over others, with my size, i have certain disadvantages. I am hoping to destroy the compitition as that is why i joined. Mainly to show these crossfitters that big strong dudes can come in and dominate.

What i am getting at, just because you decide to "crossfit" or "lift heavy" or whatever you chose, ultimatly you are responsible for your body, your gains or loses, and your overall outlook on fitness. Bashing one or the other isnt necessary, hell even big strong ox does something different. Too each his own. Just own what you do.

As far as modeling, does it pay well? Lol
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GJohnson7385 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel the same way as the previous Rocky......Last year while I was deployed I worked out all the time, I was a command fitness leader...Was inspiration for a lot of people on the ship. People came to be for help because I knew the proper form for lifts and muscle isolations to get people to where I was......There was a couple guys that lived by crossfit, one guy especially. All he would talk about was crossfit and how it was gods gift to fitness....Of course I was thick headed then because I knew what I was doing and instructing other people to do was working and really blew off crossfit...I just thought it was a joke..I understood what it was about with High intensity but what I was doing was intense enough.

Anyways, once I got back from deployment the gym took the back burner for a long time....I would go occasionally but just really wanted to do something different...I am no longer looking to try and build as much mass as possible.....All I am looking for is to be overall fit and just enjoy working out again....So a few weeks ago I deciced to do my Command Fitness Leader job again and start going with the FEP(guys that struggle to pass the physical fitness assessment) guys on the ship during command PT...Well the guy that is in charge of running it takes them all the the crossfit gym on base...I was looking into crossfit a bit more and was almost about to goto a trial class off base until I realized the base had the gym....Anyway, Crossfit is exactly what I was looking for in the gym.....But I do it in away thats not 100% crossfit workouts all the time...I will mix crossfit "style" With high intensity with any type of workout I do now.....I really can say I look at crossfit differently now....I am smart about it though, I dont do lifts that I know I cannot have proper for on...I dont lift something that I know I cannot lift with proper form....

Really crossfit is all about High Intensity, constant variations and movements...Not just goto the gym, life chest and bi's today, back and tri's the next day and so on....You incorporate little bit of everything into a workout and I really enjoy it.... I really do recommend people just give it a try, if your looking for something different in your routine...If your happy with your current routine, then dont try it...But if you get to that point you want to just stop working out because your bored, give crossfit a try...It might be that little thing your looking for to change your routine and keep you interested in working out...It might be a fad right now, but think of all the magazines you read with different routines/workouts all the time...Its a fad for that time, you try it, you dont like it, you move on. Thats all crossfit is, a different fad that keep peoples interested in fitness.

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GJohnson7385 View Post
    I feel the same way as the previous Rocky......Last year while I was deployed I worked out all the time, I was a command fitness leader...Was inspiration for a lot of people on the ship. People came to be for help because I knew the proper form for lifts and muscle isolations to get people to where I was......There was a couple guys that lived by crossfit, one guy especially. All he would talk about was crossfit and how it was gods gift to fitness....Of course I was thick headed then because I knew what I was doing and instructing other people to do was working and really blew off crossfit...I just thought it was a joke..I understood what it was about with High intensity but what I was doing was intense enough.

Anyways, once I got back from deployment the gym took the back burner for a long time....I would go occasionally but just really wanted to do something different...I am no longer looking to try and build as much mass as possible.....All I am looking for is to be overall fit and just enjoy working out again....So a few weeks ago I deciced to do my Command Fitness Leader job again and start going with the FEP(guys that struggle to pass the physical fitness assessment) guys on the ship during command PT...Well the guy that is in charge of running it takes them all the the crossfit gym on base...I was looking into crossfit a bit more and was almost about to goto a trial class off base until I realized the base had the gym....Anyway, Crossfit is exactly what I was looking for in the gym.....But I do it in away thats not 100% crossfit workouts all the time...I will mix crossfit "style" With high intensity with any type of workout I do now.....I really can say I look at crossfit differently now....I am smart about it though, I dont do lifts that I know I cannot have proper for on...I dont lift something that I know I cannot lift with proper form....

Really crossfit is all about High Intensity, constant variations and movements...Not just goto the gym, life chest and bi's today, back and tri's the next day and so on....You incorporate little bit of everything into a workout and I really enjoy it.... I really do recommend people just give it a try, if your looking for something different in your routine...If your happy with your current routine, then dont try it...But if you get to that point you want to just stop working out because your bored, give crossfit a try...It might be that little thing your looking for to change your routine and keep you interested in working out...It might be a fad right now, but think of all the magazines you read with different routines/workouts all the time...Its a fad for that time, you try it, you dont like it, you move on. Thats all crossfit is, a different fad that keep peoples interested in fitness.

The only difference now is i can still go in and lift heavier more than most, but now i have a motor that allows me to keep up with just about anyone as well. Oh, and im the old guy in the gym with abs... Lol
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm totally late to this party!! I've done Crossfit a couple times. Yes it's challenging but I hate Olympic lifting. I also am not crazy about doing things for time b/c as others have mentioned, that's when injuries happen. I'm more about going slower and keeping perfect/good form. The other downside to Crossfit is the cost. I have no idea why it's so expensive.....any Crossfit gym I have been to is more like a "garage". However, kudos to those of you who do it and love it. By no means is it easy!
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Registered User michaelwalker38's Avatar
    michaelwalker38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    Props to the ones that do the excercise the proper way. **** off to the ones that do that kiping ****! A male should never do a kiping anything.
    kipping pullups are not meant to achieve the same goal as strict pull-ups. they are not a body building, strength building movement like strict pullups but are still beneficial

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by michaelwalker38 View Post
    kipping pullups are not meant to achieve the same goal as strict pull-ups. they are not a body building, strength building movement like strict pullups but are still beneficial
    There is nothing beneficial about kipping pullups, they are only done so you can do many reps fast, they are a rotator cuff injury waiting to happen
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Skip ahead to about 1:15 to get to the 'meat' of the training:

These people pay a lot of money (I presume) to be in a big room and be told to jump around and do sit-ups with bad form and fake pull-ups? I don't get it.

umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I lifted in a commercial gym for years until trying out crossfit and it turned out to be the most challenging and fun.

biggest downside is the price

Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000) Vagoda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did 10 sets of 10 pullups last week as part of my WOD. (non kip)

When I first started crossfit in April I could barely do 10 with assistance bands.
    * OKC THUNDER * ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS * DENVER BRONCOS * DEFTONES * DUBSTEP *

RIP ZYZZ... veni vidi vici

Tingly like Beta-Alanine! alkemyst's Avatar
    alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At crossfit you have to do kips because secretly they all just want to dance.
    Re-becoming monster.

01/28/13 188lbs
    01/18/13 191lbs
    01/11/13 194lbs
    12/23/12 196lbs
    12/08/12 198lbs
    12/06/12 200lbs
    11/28/12 201lbs
    11/11/12 203lbs
    11/09/12 204lbs
    11/06/12 205lbs
    11/01/12 209lbs
    10/26/12 210lbs
    10/18/12 211lbs
    10/10/12 212lbs
    10/08/12 215lbs
    10/04/12 216lbs
    09/29/12 219lbs
    09/26/12 223lbs
    09/24/12 225lbs
    08/05/12 237lbs

I rep back when possible.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Vagoda View Post
    Did 10 sets of 10 pullups last week as part of my WOD. (non kip)

When I first started crossfit in April I could barely do 10 with assistance bands.
    Good work! That is a pretty big increase, especially for a guy your size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=BOYfutyVl90

Wod 2 of my first contest.

Deadlift and sled suicides. 285x2 dl(i freaking screwed these up and it cost me first place) take 25 off each side and put on sled. 50lbs off each time. My time was 3:03. Lead time in another heat was 2:55. All in all it was a fun day.
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    These people pay a lot of money (I presume) to be in a big room and be told to jump around and do sit-ups with bad form and fake pull-ups? I don't get it.
    No different that none of us get why people do 1/8 squats. And I agree some of that form sucked and people should have been called out on it, but it was a team event for fun.

CFit is not for everyone, and often you have to go to several to find one that fits your personality. Some are very fun and engaging, some are very serious about competing, some are more about Oly lifting and others are more gymnastics based, etc, etc. No different than we shop gyms before commit.

Rocky- Awesome!!!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

QuentinCassidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    I find it stupid when people who have never done CrossFit bag on the sport/method/"cult"/(whatever you want to call it).

I've been CrossFitting for over a year and love it. I think it offers physical tests and challenges that you simply cannot find in a weightroom, and quick frankly it's a lot of fun as well. I've also been lifting for 4-5 years and love that too.

Ya, when I see those people in the video you posted, I think they look stupid and are not really getting a good workout in either. But I can easily say the same thing about 85% of the tools at any commercial gym lifting. How many people have you seen at the Gym "bench" 225 lbs by going 4 inches down and act like they are a badass. How many guys have you seen at the gym go 1/8th of the way down for a squat and think they can squat 300+. How many times have you seen a guy deadlift and cringe simply because you think they are about to snap their spine on the spot...simply because that dude wants to "lift" heavy.

The truth is, bad form exists everywhere. In any training method, you will have people who do it incorrectly and do not take it seriously. But those that do take it seriously and do the workouts correctly, well their body of work is impressive. Whether its a hardcore runner, bodybuilder, olympic lifter, crossfitter, etc.

CrossFIT gyms also very. Some (such as mine) preach form like it is a religion. It's better for you to do a workout and with absolutely no weight and learn the form, than it is for you to do it sloppy. And there are gyms that simply want to have fun and dance around together. Not all crossfit gyms are the same. Just like not all weightrooms are the same.

It's very hypocritical to point to the baddies at CrossFit and just completely neglect the fact that there are "bodybuilders" at every Gold's Gym who are just as bad.

Tingly like Beta-Alanine! alkemyst's Avatar
    alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by QuentinCassidy View Post
    I find it stupid when people who have never done CrossFit bag on the sport/method/"cult"/(whatever you want to call it).

I've been CrossFitting for over a year and love it. I think it offers physical tests and challenges that you simply cannot find in a weightroom, and quick frankly it's a lot of fun as well. I've also been lifting for 4-5 years and love that too.

Ya, when I see those people in the video you posted, I think they look stupid and are not really getting a good workout in either. But I can easily say the same thing about 85% of the tools at any commercial gym lifting. How many people have you seen at the Gym "bench" 225 lbs by going 4 inches down and act like they are a badass. How many guys have you seen at the gym go 1/8th of the way down for a squat and think they can squat 300+. How many times have you seen a guy deadlift and cringe simply because you think they are about to snap their spine on the spot...simply because that dude wants to "lift" heavy.

The truth is, bad form exists everywhere. In any training method, you will have people who do it incorrectly and do not take it seriously. But those that do take it seriously and do the workouts correctly, well their body of work is impressive. Whether its a hardcore runner, bodybuilder, olympic lifter, crossfitter, etc.

CrossFIT gyms also very. Some (such as mine) preach form like it is a religion. It's better for you to do a workout and with absolutely no weight and learn the form, than it is for you to do it sloppy. And there are gyms that simply want to have fun and dance around together. Not all crossfit gyms are the same. Just like not all weightrooms are the same.

It's very hypocritical to point to the baddies at CrossFit and just completely neglect the fact that there are "bodybuilders" at every Gold's Gym who are just as bad.
    I can agree with a lot of this stuff, however; ANYTHING you can do at a CrossFit/9Round/Billy Banks Boxing Studio/etc you can do in a good gym with motivation or a good trainer.

The focus lately seems to be like martial arts: "My style is better!".

I went to check out a CrossFit once and the idiots told me to run around the building first. They were small shop, I probably wouldn't have joined anyway (they were convenient though if they were good); but phuck WTF!.

That's my take on it. I know a few guys that joined CrossFits to just show off and be the Gym Hero instead of the idiot slamming weights at a more conventional gym.

Neither I agree with.
    Re-becoming monster.

01/28/13 188lbs
    01/18/13 191lbs
    01/11/13 194lbs
    12/23/12 196lbs
    12/08/12 198lbs
    12/06/12 200lbs
    11/28/12 201lbs
    11/11/12 203lbs
    11/09/12 204lbs
    11/06/12 205lbs
    11/01/12 209lbs
    10/26/12 210lbs
    10/18/12 211lbs
    10/10/12 212lbs
    10/08/12 215lbs
    10/04/12 216lbs
    09/29/12 219lbs
    09/26/12 223lbs
    09/24/12 225lbs
    08/05/12 237lbs

I rep back when possible.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    New type of rhythmic gymnastics?
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

QuentinCassidy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
    I can agree with a lot of this stuff, however; ANYTHING you can do at a CrossFit/9Round/Billy Banks Boxing Studio/etc you can do in a good gym with motivation or a good trainer.

The focus lately seems to be like martial arts: "My style is better!".

I went to check out a CrossFit once and the idiots told me to run around the building first. They were small shop, I probably wouldn't have joined anyway (they were convenient though if they were good); but phuck WTF!.

That's my take on it. I know a few guys that joined CrossFits to just show off and be the Gym Hero instead of the idiot slamming weights at a more conventional gym.

Neither I agree with.
    I also disagree with some crossfitter's attitude that "crossfit is better." The reason I love crossfit, is simply because I agree that to be truly "fit" you need to be well rounded. I personally think a fit person should be able to run, swim, bike, lift, etc. I believe this is the same fundamental philosophy behind crossfit. But I see that philosophy as one that simply states there is NO training style that is best. For the average person to have good overall fitness, only a combination of styles results in the best training program. (Crossfit is nothing new, look at the training of any elite athlete in one of our major sports and their training style is essentially a crossfit routine...resistance weights + high intensity cardio + constantly varying workouts...all crossfit did was standardize workouts so people can have a basis against others).

I also agree you don't need to attend a gym. All the elite crossfitters I personally know, train on their own or even if they do belong to a crossfit gym, they still do many more additional workouts on their own.

Crossfit workouts are brutal. Some will really test your mental and physical limits and push you physically far beyond you can do be pushed simply by doing a traditional 5x5 program/whatever. But, like you said you can do 100 pushups at a crossfit gym or you can do a 100 pushups in your garage. It doesn't matter.

However, the one thing I do think CrossFit is better at, is simply it gets your average slothlike Joe/Jane off their asses and into some form of training program. CrossFit does do a very good job in building a community that makes people who would otherwise be too embarrassed about entering a gym an experience that is very welcoming and encouraging. This aspect I do think Crossfit is the best mainstream training program out there. I have witnessed so many people who had lifestyles that were so unhealthy I was scared for them, enter a crossfit gym and find the motivation/encouragement to turn their life around. For your 220 pound 5'4 Jane who can barely run 50m without passing out, she needs the "community" aspect of fitness training. But for guy/gal who understands how to workout and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle...do it on your own. The workouts are posted online for free in hundreds of locations...or just simply make up your own workout that consists of compound lifts/bodyweight/cardio in any combination/order you want.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While on vacation in Fla this week I worked out at a CF gym (I will not call it a "box") and I had a great time. Still not a fan but I have to admit that there is a lot CF has to offer.

Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cummins133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing crossfit for over a year now. Next week will be the 8th "box" crossfit gym I've been to. I travel for work for 6 weeks at a time so I always join the local crossfit gym for the time being and was lucky enough to have one every place.

Some gyms definitively with no doubt give crossfit a bad name and if I got the impression off them I'd be against it too. They don't have people correcting bad form they just want you do it fast. They sometimes have a very uneducated coaching staff.

But I have done martial arts since I was 5 and just like others said this is a "my style is better" deal. I personally just like to be fit all around. Also the community aspect crossfit offers keeps people coming every day and being strict with their diet. And I will say its pretty much a cult no doubt. But if the cult keeps you healthy and physically fit and you're having fun. Can't be that bad!

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Certainly training as a competitive group is more motivating than by myself in my basement or at a regular gym.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont think cross fit is bad, its another form of resistance training that has become popular maybe like the Billy Blanks Tae Bo(not resistance training but popular) workout from years ago or PX 90 of today.Its the in form of training the masses are flocking to right now.
    The one problem i do have with it is that some instructors are not really qualified to teach certain disciplines.
    Hey you can get a powerlifting or olympic lifting certificate not to mention other things on a weekend seminar and now your cleared to train people in those areas.This is where IMO they fail to be on top.They can be a jack of all trades and master of none and go out and train the public.
    Can be dangerous.I have certified in kettlebell training with the RKC and had challenge of training a kid that had been going to cross fit doing the KB's.
    While he knew the basic movements he didnt know the details to make these movements safe.I feel this is probably the case with other disciplines.
    I know there are some very good cross fit coaches out there but not all are the same.I guess this could be said of PT's also.
    How is the public to know whos good and who's not before they get injured.You can't really.
    While they have some good qualities i think they have some stuff to work on.

ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArdentiFilms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Kim Lyons using crossfit exercises in UFC Gym teaser

Alex Ardenti

www.alexardenti.com https://vimeo.com/channels/alexardenti