Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tommydervan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Quotes from Dave Draper:

[center][img]

Consistency:

Nutrition:

Time Under the Iron:

Mass First:

Want to uncover where these came from? l]
    AMAZING quotes. Thank you

DGetsCut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tommydervan View Post
    AMAZING quotes. Thank you
    I like them too, nice. After these come cut, definition, and specific muscle-concentration, right?

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey a new sticky
    Seek truth and reason

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Toasting in epic bread:

Repped.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree. Isolation movements should be part of a bodybuilder's routine from day one.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fact

great info

zingalon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to look like a Bodybuilder? Train like a Bodybuilder.

Great information with nice tips.

DJ_Forty5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That video with Kai is great....you see so many guys in the gym working out their ego instead of their muscles.
    What could you accomplish...if you knew you could not fail ?

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff, Vox.
    I appreciate the information that you share, as it seems to always be a good read.

Special Fighting Poses NoFitnessNoLife's Avatar
    NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoFitnessNoLife is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amazing stuff. Thanks for posting!
    Life's A Freak Show

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    the "core" of any good routine should be built around the basic compound exercises: Squats, Deads, Bench press, Overhead press, Barbell rows, etc.
    Does etc include pulldowns/chins?

lcascio09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post...straight to the point about what it takes to put on quality muscle and utilize all the tools available to us. It's not some magic formula. What has worked in the past will still work, and taking advantage of different training styles and equipment that have evolved over time is certainly a great add-on to the tried and true methods of bodybuilding.
    "Insanity - Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results"

I will begin each day with the end goal in mind, and make sure that what I do each day will lead me closer to reaching my goals.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    Does etc include pulldowns/chins?
    In my book, yes.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10) sickcvnt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sick write-up... Inb4 sticky

JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeSeig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post!

angiebikini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for posting! Even if I am a bikini girl love to train like a bodybuilder to gain mass

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sick**** View Post
    Sick write-up... Inb4 sticky
    It already is a sticky, you were too late lol.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i THOUGHT i noticed a sticky that looked like one i hadn't read! LOVE IT. i think i'll start referencing new lifters to this one...lots of guys (i was one of them when i joined) in their teens or barely 20 years old doing BBer splits when they don't even have a solid base of muscle...
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10) FloridaGator is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great to read this and understand the differences. I have always been into fitness but until about 3 years ago I never lifted weights. When I started lifting I was lucky enough to start with a strength training mentality. Though I have seen definite changes in my body, no matter how hard I trained I remained with the same shape and definition. I could make strength gains easily ... but really gaining mass plateaued quickly.

Though I am really mostly interested in being healthy, I do want to sculpt the body a bit. I also think that maybe training like a bodybuilder can also help me achieve some strength gains in the future. I think I am going to move over to a split program for 6-9 months and then back to a strength training routine again. Any recommendations?
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." ~Henry Rollins

Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robertozz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A great read, thank you for the post!

emmamarita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice, tanks man

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FloridaGator View Post
    Any recommendations?
    I think it would be great to have a list of BB templates to use, once a person gets past the point of learning the ropes. I think there is a real void between beginner programs and the next steps. It could be that there are just so many beginners on here that I never notice the intermediate training talk? No idea, but I truthfully never see much about it. I know what progression I would suggest from a strength and performance standpoint, but bodybuilding is a little out of my realm these days so I'll leave it to the experts to discuss.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    I think it would be great to have a list of BB templates to use, once a person gets past the point of learning the ropes. I think there is a real void between beginner programs and the next steps. It could be that there are just so many beginners on here that I never notice the intermediate training talk? No idea, but I truthfully never see much about it. I know what progression I would suggest from a strength and performance standpoint, but bodybuilding is a little out of my realm these days so I'll leave it to the experts to discuss.
    I think part of it is that if you've spent some quality time with a good beginner program, then you've probably figured a lot of the questions out for yourself. Also, since goals, schedules, recovery abilities, and individual strengths and weakness vary so widely, it becomes tougher to create a template that will fit everyone.

That said, there are a few "next" type programs out there.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is where you lose me. At the intermediate stage I would say your average trainee is starting to put the puzzle pieces together, they can make some logical swaps in a legit program to tailor it to their needs, but complete programming from the ground up is still probably not a great idea.

Most intermediate program "shells" start to look a choose your own adventure. It lays out a basic framework, but allows the individual to start tailoring the program to their goals. Something like a 5/3/1 would be a good example of this. WSBB templates may start to get overly complex at this level, though some are relatively easy to follow along with (like WS4SB). I really haven't had my nose in the bodybuilding world for so long that I am not truly aware what types of programs are lingering out there. I know there are some big-name trainers that make programs and post them for others to use, so I imagine there are some good programs out there. I just shudder to think that people would go from SS to a crap program they find in a BB mag with the idea that they are now ready for that leap (or maybe more importantly that the leap is a good one for anyone to take!)

I guess I was thinking more from a bodybuilding perspective. Once you've figured out what exercises click for you, and what type of volume you can handle and adequately recover from, to me it's more a matter of continuing to refine your program for what you need to improve and what works for you. I personally feel that you can make good gains in hypertrophy by following regular progression with any well-rounded program as long as you keep your thinking cap on. Most of the muscle-rag programs stink because they try to get to clever and base the entire workout around some gimmick, or failed premise. "Confuse your muscles by doing all your exercises using milk cartons!!"

Although, I also define an "intermediate" lifter as one who's past the point of easy linear progression, not someone who ran 2 months of Starting Strength, so perhaps our definitions differ?

As for intermediate/advanced bodybuilding templates, one program I hear tossed around a lot is Layne Norton's PHAT template which works both upper and lower body 2x a week, once for "Power" day and once for a "Hypertrophy" day. Stepping off of a "full body" program into an Upper / Lower 2x-a-week program directionally has always made sense to me. PHAT has a lot of volume, though, and I think any "intermediate" lifter would need to really assess whether they've adapted to that level of volume, and possibly cut out some of the program's assistance type work, at least initially.

I haven't run it personally, though, so can't comment on it too much. I also believe that exercise selection and volume should be based on one's own needs and preferences, so any template is only a "starting point" and would need to be individualized.

AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As for intermediate/advanced bodybuilding templates, one program I hear tossed around a lot is Layne Norton's PHAT template which works both upper and lower body 2x a week, once for "Power" day and once for a "Hypertrophy" day. Stepping off of a "full body" program into an Upper / Lower 2x-a-week program directionally has always made sense to me. PHAT has a lot of volume, though, and I think any "intermediate" lifter would need to really assess whether they've adapted to that level of volume, and possibly cut out some of the program's assistance type work, at least initially.

I haven't run it personally, though, so can't comment on it too much. I also believe that exercise selection and volume should be based on one's own needs and preferences, so any template is only a "starting point" and would need to be individualized.
    PHAT is just a template for a 5 day split. Everyone I know that runs PHAT does not do anything similar to what is outlined by Layne Norton in that link. The exercises/sets/reps that Layne listed are ones that are specifically catered towards his needs.

People that I know that have run PHAT basically just follow the outline of the certain muscles worked on each day, but the actual exercises/sets/reps are vastly different from person to person.

Originally Posted by AmazinJason View Post
    PHAT is just a template for a 5 day split. Everyone I know that runs PHAT does not do anything similar to what is outlined by Layne Norton in that link. The exercises/sets/reps that Layne listed are ones that are specifically catered towards his needs.

People that I know that have run PHAT basically just follow the outline of the certain muscles worked on each day, but the actual exercises/sets/reps are vastly different from person to person.
    Did I not say that the template is only a starting point and would need to be individualized???

This is why I do not typically suggest specific programs to intermediate / advanced lifters.

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great thread!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

t.d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent thread. Great read!
    Hard work Pays off

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Loved the quotes, thanks for the information.

Keep it up.
    Misc Cologne Crew