PomuM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder Pain When Squatting

I've been doing Starting Strength for about 2 months now. All my lifts have gone up, and I try my best to keep as close as possible to perfect form.

Now that I'm squatting heavier, I'm getting serious pains right in the middle of my left delt. Only my left. I don't feel the pain at all, or very little when I'm squatting, but when I rack the weight and let go of the bar I get a huge spike of pain.

Since I'm doing Starting Strength, I have to do Military Shoulder Presses right after the squats. I feel the pain while doing the exercise, but it doesn't get in the way of how much weight I can do with good form.

I've tried ignoring the pain for a little, but it's just getting worse.

I stretch EVERYTHING and do all my warm ups before I start with the real ****.

Help?

jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd go to your school trainer and see what he thinks before trying anything hard. You don't want to screw yourself up

Originally Posted by jaggst3r View Post
    I'd go to your school trainer and see what he thinks before trying anything hard. You don't want to screw yourself up
    Well, I do this at a gym. I guess I can ask a personal trainer, but decided to come here first lol.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try new form, ex: low bar.

jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaggst3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could still ask the school trainer, no? they'd probably rotate your arm and move it about to target where the pain is coming from

Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PomuM View Post
    I've been doing Starting Strength for about 2 months now. All my lifts have gone up, and I try my best to keep as close as possible to perfect form.

Now that I'm squatting heavier, I'm getting serious pains right in the middle of my left delt. Only my left. I don't feel the pain at all, or very little when I'm squatting, but when I rack the weight and let go of the bar I get a huge spike of pain.

Since I'm doing Starting Strength, I have to do Military Shoulder Presses right after the squats. I feel the pain while doing the exercise, but it doesn't get in the way of how much weight I can do with good form.

I've tried ignoring the pain for a little, but it's just getting worse.

I stretch EVERYTHING and do all my warm ups before I start with the real ****.

Help?
    are you sure its from squats? maybe it was the previous session when you were doing the miilitary presses .

Originally Posted by Jianxxx View Post
    are you sure its from squats? maybe it was the previous session when you were doing the miilitary presses .
    No, I'm POSITIVE it's the squats.

Originally Posted by jaggst3r View Post
    You could still ask the school trainer, no? they'd probably rotate your arm and move it about to target where the pain is coming from
    I don't know my school trainer, rather just ask a trainer at the gym :b

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Try new form, ex: low bar.
    As a matter of fact, that MIGHT be it. But I'm not entirely sure. I'll mess around with the bar a little more next time.

Anyone else?