LouieBorges has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to Keto, Commited to Change

Hi everyone. I will log my fat loss progress here as I began my Keto style diet today. This mornings weigh in was taken after a few days of heavy eating, I crushed everything haha and didn't drink enough water so I expect some water weight loss before things stabilize over the next few weeks. I am going to start by taking in around 2600-2700kcal a day, this should be okay considering I walk an hour a day 5 days a week and lift 3-4. Some days I play frisbee golf in the park and walk around for a few hours in addition to the normal hour a day (walking the pup).

So far today I have eaten some coconut oil and chicken salad. For dinner I have a salmon fillet and Broccoli. I have some cheese, tuna-fish, kale, bacon, and other good stuff to get me to 2600kcal, I am excited as my favorite foods are open when eating in this manner. I will try to write a few entries every week and eventually I will transcribe my food journal averages here to keep a weekly check.

Thanks,
    George

Day 2

Today is day two, I haven't eaten yet, but will down some coconut oil and maybe a few eggs shortly. I wouldn't be getting much exercise today, but I'm going to hit the gym and work my shoulders quick, by then hopefully it will be nice enough outside to take a walk. My energy is somewhat low as well, so we'll see how far I make it.

Yesterday I ate 2509kcal, I fell asleep before eating my last .5TBS of coconut oil which would have given me 60 extra kcal. I didn't eat much during the day so from now on I am going to focus on spreading my intake throughout the day.

I walked for an hour yesterday as the weather was better and I had to take care of the pup. When I get down to around 280lbs I'll get my bike back out and start higher intensity cardio, I am pretty active recreationally and I refuse to do cardio indoors especially this time of year.

Day 1 Ratios:

Fat: 64% (178g)
    Protein: 35% (221.5g)
    Carbs: >1% (5g)
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol"

Day 3

Well day 2 ended in kind of an avalanche. I was doing okay until I accepted an invitation for dinner which I should have declined. I learned my lesson, especially since I ate some bad tomato sauce at home and was sick until like 10am today.

I know that I can easily refrain from these outings and if I must go, I need to bring my diet log so I can track what I eat, usually, however, it is easier for me to say no, I just need to be really conscious of triggers.

All I have eaten so far today is a TBS of coconut oil, I love the stuff and really feel like it gives me energy. I have some plain chicken salad for lunch, and am going to make fish for dinner. I'm aiming for around 2000-2200kcal today after going overboard yesterday, I'll kick the calorie intake back up to normal tomorrow since I will be walking again and have a high intensity cardio session in the afternoon.

No day 2 ratios, 14 day tracked ketosis induction beginning today.
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Day 2 of ketosis induction

Quick post. Yesterday I consumed 2037kcal, with 22g carbs and 176g protein, not quite enough, but I made up for it today. Todays totals are 2312kcal, 23g carbs, 228.5g protein. Usually I deduce the ratio, but I'm tired and will put it off until tomorrow.

I walked for about 45 minutes today and had a 30 minute intense cardio session it was great, I will probably lift again tomorrow back on my normal split.
    Thanks,
    George
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) exwhyzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

It's hard in the beginning but you'll get it. I had to stay home from going out cause I knew I would drink n stuff

Keep up the good work
    GOAL is to be the best I have ever been in my life. Lose Fat Gain Muscle!.

--------------------
    1/9/12 209
    4/13/12 179
    4/27/12 172
    6/2/12 160
    Follow my current Transformation!! or let me know about yours

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142832321 - First Log Finished!!

dsp_selym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I just started too. I was curious how you are taking in so much protein without all the carbs? I'm assuming it's not a shake since you didn't mention it.. is it the coconut oil?
    4/2 - 280
    Goal : 220lb
    Maintaining: 2000kcal/day

Keto/Insanity combo currently

Originally Posted by dsp_selym View Post
    Hey man I just started too. I was curious how you are taking in so much protein without all the carbs? I'm assuming it's not a shake since you didn't mention it.. is it the coconut oil?
    I do take a shake after my workout, its just a scoop of ON Whey in water which adds 24g protein, but my problem honestly is refraining from too much protein intake since the majority of it comes from lean meats and fish. I actually can't say enough about fish, its not terribly expensive (costco flash frozen) and is really easy to eat. I love salmon and tuna, but often eat tilapia, mahi mahi, and striped bass, flounder, and blackfish when I get the rod out haha. One can of tuna has 39g protein, a nice steak can have up to 55g, even the pork rinds I got have 27g protein per bag, add that to a some chicken and nuts and you can eat tons of protein. Mixing in the fats is easy too, that why I feel like I am really taking to this style of eating.

As for coconut oil, it has no protein, but has been clinically shown to increase metabolism and the medium chain triglycerides give immediate energy, I have been increasing my raw dosage over the last few days and I like it a lot, even plain.

Thanks dsp_selym and exwhyzee for the support! It really means a lot, overcoming long-term bad habits can be tough, I'm in it for the long haul though!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Induction, Day 3

Hey all, another quick post. Todays totals were 2319kcal, 19g carbs, and 207g protein. I would love to kick the calorie count up to 2500-2600, but I'm so darn full all day its tough. I walked for about 45min today and played a quick 9 holes of frisbee golf on a very hilly, wooded course, that was about another 50min (playing alone = fast). My cardio session yesterday was an all over body circuit, so I took the day off lifting, tomorrow will be chest/ biceps.
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Induction, Day 4

Todays totals were 2483kcal, 24g carbs, 197g protein. I felt pretty good and had a nice chest/ bicep workout after only walking about 30min. today. I am happy to get my calorie count a bit higher although it is still tough, I'm just going to keep shooting for around 2500kcal even though it is a bit low for my weight.

I am excited to weigh in on Friday even though most of the loss will be water weight. I am definitely feeling great and seeing slight improvements in my strength which is always welcome especially considering my caloric deficit being high.
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Checked the ketostix this morning after seeing trace yesterday and I am definitely in ketosis. That is probably why I feel so energized and focused, I am still definitely going two weeks before a carb up as I want my body to become familiar with its new fuel!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Induction, Day 5

Well, another day done, and again I feel great. I have loads of energy and the carb cravings are leaving fast. Today my totals were 2512kcal, 20g carbs, and 218.5g Protein. I walked about half an hour, but then I went and shot a full 18 holes of frisbee golf. The game took a little over an hour since I was moving fast, its a really hilly course so I keep my heart rate up, hopefully some nice low intensity cardio, the kind I could do every day I also did a quick shoulder workout, on Saturday I will hit back/ triceps.

I will weigh in first thing in the morning on day 8, hopefully the scale will show what I feel, although how I feel matters far more.
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

CBozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man i'd love to play Frisbee golf but you cant do sh*t in England lol. Good luck with the keto i'm in a similar position to you being on day 13 of no carbs with my carb up starting tomorrow, i cannot wait haha. Just a side note it took me around 3 days to get into ketosis and, the first saturday i went out clubbing with my friends (Don't worry i drank diet coke all night) Then went to a takeaway and got some fried chicken as there would be minimal carbs in that so when i got it i asked for a splash of ketchup on it and the stupid woman put half the damn bottle on! That knocked me out of ketosis for 3 days so just be careful when your out and about haha, but just remember proteins and fats and you'll be fine get a steak with salad and a diet coke like a champion! Restaurants aren't bad it's just takeaways, i've learned my lesson.

Good luck

Thanks for the support Cbozz, I have some good news and some bad news, the kind you warned me about haha. Also are there really no frisbee golf courses in England? I guess it is a bit ridiculous, but its free and a super fun way to spend time moving outside. I don't keep score, but I've thought now of timing my games since I like to keep moving fast.

First off, I lost darn near 11lbs last week, I am sure a significant portion was water weight since I had eaten a ton of carbs before my initial weigh in, but it still feels good. On the bad side I had two holiday dinners which I had to attend, I'm not religious, but some of the traditional food called to me. Anyway, between last night and tonight I had a premature carb-up. I have been out of ketosis since last night, but I don't think I went too far above desired caloric intake.

I don't feel too bad for straying since I am still as motivated as ever. I even canceled a dinner I was supposed to attend next week so I can have two uninterrupted weeks to think about my relationship with food. Tomorrow when I wake up I plan on shooting 18 holes with only some coconut oil before hand. I need to lift back and triceps, so hopefully the gym will be open, and I'll chug tons of water throughout the day. I'll be back with my daily intake tomorrow evening!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Brief Update. Today I did well, I played 9 holes when I woke up, the back 9 was crowded so I decided just to head to the gym, which was closed for Easter haha. Tomorrow I have an intense cardio circuit, so I might have to do back/ triceps on Tuesday. The cardio training thing will be done in a few weeks and then I will get my lifting days back on track. I do feel like I am getting stronger now, I already notice a difference in my body chemistry.

Today I ate 2387kcal, 8g carbs, and 200g protein, I kept the carbs extra low, and will until I am back in ketosis!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Another day passed, and I feel great. I ate 2578kcal, 8g carbs and 202g protein, so it was a very successful day. I did an intense cardio circuit, it was only 30min. but my legs are burned up. Tomorrow I will lift back/ triceps since we thankfully didn't touch those today, I am also thinking about sneaking in 18 holes for some lower intensity cardio. I plan on checking the ketostix tomorrow morning, so we'll see what they say, but I am starting to feel it again, lots of energy!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

Todays totals were 2325kcal, 8g carbs, and 214g protein. It was a great day overall, I am definitely back in ketosis and had a nice back/ tricep workout. Unfortunately it rained so I didn't get outside for any cardio however that is my only planned workout tomorrow. Thursday I am going to have a heavy chest/ biceps day and on Friday I will start a more intense shoulder program since I have been slacking on shoulders!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2

I had a great chest/ bicep workout today, I benched 155x9 which is almost back to my old rep weight. I also curled bigger and just had an overall strong workout. It was gross out today until late so I only lifted until the evening when I went for a 30min. walk along a local river, I was spotting fish so I wasn't moving fast, still its always nice to be outside. I ate a 2585kcal, 17g carbs, and 206.5g protein. I had a muscle milk shake which made up most of the carbs, but sometimes I am late in the morning so until the jug is gone I'll have a maximum of one shake (13g carb) a day. I checked today and I certainly was in ketosis all day, and will continue to be. I feel great, and strong, what more could I ask for!
    3/30- 309lbs 4/6- 298.2