Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: feeling shy :(

Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Like others said, eff them. I was in a similar position once and if anything that fueled me more than anything. I wanted more than anything to change what people thought of me. Good luck and never give up.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't worry about them. When I see someone skinny, I think good job. When I see them after 5 months with no results, I want to beat them with a stick.

Lift with good form.
    Follow a well structured routine.
    Strong diet.
    Listen to loud music.
    Follow proper gym etiquette.

moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im skinny as fuark too op and when i go to gym some people stare sometimes but literally they dont give a flying fcuk about you.. they go there to workout and just minding their own business
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

Jeremy Lin Crew

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    fuk what those other people think bro. when i see a small guy in my gym i have huge respect. he's willing to kill himself in the gym every day and keep coming back for more. keep at it.

get on babylover's SS and eat like a champ. tons of protein and complex carbs.

the first day i stepped in to my gym i was 125 pounds and 6 feet tall. i was a twig. i even overheard a couple guys saying "i'll give him a week max. he'll get nowhere...little bitch". look at me now. 181 and quickly becoming a monster. and those other guys who doubted me have since stopped coming to the gym all together.
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bfmv69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ignore those *******s. No one should be laughing at you since you're trying to better yourself, they're just insecure. Just keep at it man, most people are normally nice in gyms.

TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRagnarok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah OP those guys started somewhere. They probably looked like ants when they started. Its cool dude. I dont lift that heavy but I push myself and my limits. Put some headphones in and workout with a mindset.

EVERYBODY HAS TO START SOMEWHERE! Just remember that.
    "You never fail until you stop trying."
    -Albert Einstein

Its all about Physics and Biology..

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you put down one more :sad face: I'm gonna reach through the computer screen and...

give you a hug. /homoness

McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10) McNuggets is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    **** them.

Use those pricks as motivation.

whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitebelt0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haters gonna hate man

I used to feel like people were always watching me too when i was starting out and was benching really light. At the end of the day man who cares what they're looking at? It just means you're working harder than them. Plug your ****ing ipod in and lift that ****ing weight op

Let me guess they're the guys you see curling in the squat rack and doing decline smith machine benches every day?

Well guess what while you're there squatting you're gonna be making all the gains not them

TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TensionX1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't feel shy just because someone is looking and laughing at you.

I'm ~135lb and I'm 5'7, I was at my friend's condo gym earlier today and when he brought me to the gym, he left and went upstairs to study again. I noticed there were 2 people looking at me when my friend left, as if I didn't belong in a gym or anything like that.

I wasn't scared at all. I didn't really care what they think because this is my time to shine. They are not going to take that away from me. I started doing pull ups, and I did 7x12. They looked shocked when I kept going at it, but like I said, I didn't really care what others think. This is my time to shine, and nobody whoever is looking at me awkwardly is going to make me stop doing what I came here to do.

That's to become stronger. Mentally and Physically.

I feel as if sometimes going to a gym is not just a physical test, but also a test mentally. When you go to a gym, people will be staring. It won't be the first or last time people will be looking at you when you're working out. If you want something really bad in life and you keep pushing no matter what obstacle is in your way.. you will succeed. Few months of on your grind. you could look back and see how far you've made it mentally and physically.

Forget the others, and believe in yourself.

Triggerhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't care about what others think about you. You are at the gym for YOU, not for them.

sun24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread has given me a good motivation, thank you guys. I cant go to gym but i will start to eat more and exercise at home
    Mr. Shy guy ignore those people and be in your own world and go always with a smile. It is just a matter of time, just few months .

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Music in and not a single phuck should be given, if someones laughing to tense ure bicep and say im all natural babyyyyy to confuse the sht out of them just don't care what anyone else thinks everyone is in the gym for the same reason

smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smittywhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wear a sweatshirt

nsai1919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wooowow.... lot of replies for me..
    shame on me to reply so late X-(
    thank u one & all for u r motivation & experiences guyz. Love u all
    i joined new gym 10days back & loving it
    btw which " whey protein" is good for starter like me who is having just 48kg weight :| ?

UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) UKBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by spurdo View Post
    You workout for yourself, not for others. Train hard for a couple years and you'll be laughing at them

this.

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never laughed at somebody at the gym (in recent years). When I first joined I laughed a bit when kids did 1 inch from lockout bench press.

Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Booooom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Do ss
    2. Eat like a friggin animal and become strong
    3. Do madcow become more stronger and hyuuuge!!!!!
    4. ...............
    5. Profit?

rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rugbyplayer12 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    forget what they think, everyone started somewhere. when i first started i could bench like 95 lbs now im doing 170.

IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishLifterLad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nsai1919 View Post
    my age: 24 & weight 48KG
    atlast i joined gym today ... but when i doing d gym ppl looking @ me & laughing
    i dont know what to do
    but i really wanna gain weight & good shape

Don't get offended by this now man, You got to overcome your shyness and ****ing man up! Your in the gym for yourself not for other people.

When I was around 150-60 and I use to get slagged by tons of people too, I don't see them going to the gym anymore.

*Leave your ego at the door*

vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vor93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    forget them, everyone needs to start from somewhere...just train, eat and sleep

ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryan1996 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    atlast i joined gym today ... but when i doing d gym ppl looking @ me & laughing
    i dont know what to do
    **** THEM! they was once your size, and surely this should motivate you more to lift harder?

TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50) TooStronk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You go to gym for yourself, not for them.. just be in your own world and do your thing. One day you might be laughing at them, when they are out of shape

TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheHappyPeanut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dont know what to do
    A lot of the idiots who laugh at small people coming into the gym are the same people who spend every workout doing curls.

ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ddldave has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I used to be 5'9 and weigh 110 lbs, I know how you feel when people stare and laugh and talk trash about you. But you just got to work past that stuff man, don't ever let them talk or laugh you down. Just keep going to the gym and work out and especially have someone to spot you and push you so you can work your fullest. I had someone bigger and can bench a lot spot me and it helps my confidence being around them.

DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000) DazeGame is just really nice. (+1000)
    As everyone is saying, we all gotta start somewhere! I too was extremely small like very underweight up until I began working (5'6" and 100 pounds).

Just pop in some headphones when you head to the gym, listen to music and you'll barely even notice them.

ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000) ayanes35 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I remember walking into my first gym and feeling so out of place and uncomfortable. It was my sophomore year of HS and I was a skinny 5'8" at about 130lbs with hair down to my shoulders. I remember seeing guys bigger than me handling weight I thought I'd never touch! I also remember looking at machines and having no clue how to even set them up! I was so frustrated but that frustration pushed me to become what I am today! I watched experienced guys and learned how everything worked and once I figured everything out I began working and pushing myself harder than ever. There were always those tools that would laugh at me when I was small but I learned to just ignore them and just focus on what I was doing! While they were laughing I was working and eventually I surpassed them.
    People have already said it but seriously, everybody has to start somewhere and it's up to you to decide where you are going to finish.
    NPC Competitor

2013 NPC AZ Open - 2nd Place Men's Open Physique Class A

Test Factor Advance/X-Factor Log:
    http://tinyurl.com/lgqcfnv
    My Presurge Unleashed Sample Review:
    http://tinyurl.com/kdyt2on
    Muscle Pharm Hybrid N.O. Review:
    http://tinyurl.com/m5qtqv5
    Gaspari Superdrive Review:
    http://tinyurl.com/lsrhv8c

RobPizzy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Noones staring at you, thats in your head I used to feel that way too at first but youll realize that if you set your mind to getting big then you cant let a couple of ignorant people get you down. Also, you should work on your grammar. Stop being shy and dont say you cant help it either. If you dont respect yourself how do you expect anyone else to.

stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) stperkins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Don't kick me when I'm down, cause when I get back up you're phucked." -Tupac
    Don't pay any attention to them. That's really immature if they're laughing at you. Everybody has been at the bottom before, so any respectable bodybuilders will support you. Keep it up and don't let them get you down!
    R.I.P. Bill Perkins March 20, 1940 - May 8, 2012. Forever loved.

"It's the internet, toughen the f*ck up! Go mix up some cement, eat it, harden the f*ck up." -Babylover

Machrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eh, when I first joined a month and a bit ago I noticed a few people staring at me and giggling during my first week, now that never happens. Once people see that you're serious about improving yourself they'll leave you alone. I haven't made all that much progress, but just be polite and work hard and respect will follow.