D2Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keeping muscle on a cut...

everyone knows that you are going to have to gain some fat in order to put on serious muscle during a bulk...

but my question is (please pardon my newbdom if this is a really obvious question) what is the consensus on keeping muscle while you're cutting fat?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Set caloric intake to 80% to 90% of TDEE while insuring macro/macronutrient sufficiency.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Set caloric intake to 80% to 90% of TDEE while insuring macro/macronutrient sufficiency.
    Sorry, what is TDEE?

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's a complicated procedure. Diet is everything (macros) and I've always found cutting nice and slow, try not to become impatient.

Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    It's a complicated procedure. Diet is everything (macros) and I've always found cutting nice and slow, try not to become impatient.
    I'm just confused now... lol. Is there not really a straight answer for my question?

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by D2Dude View Post
    Sorry, what is TDEE?
    Total daily energy expenditure - The calories you burn in a day.

What Pug is trying to say, try to have a minimal caloric deficit whilst consuming a sufficient amount of protein, fat, carbohydrates along with vitamins & minerals.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

Originally Posted by peanut-butter View Post
    Total daily energy expenditure - The calories you burn in a day.

What Pug is trying to say, try to have a minimal caloric deficit whilst consuming a sufficient amount of protein, fat, carbohydrates along with vitamins & minerals.
    ahhh, in other words, trying to lose weight slowly will help ensure that a good amount of muscle will stay on.