Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)

The Real Weekend Warrior

I know that the "Weekend Warrior" is one of the many stereotypes within the confines of the gym. The guy that works out monday through friday to then goes out and parties on the weekends. Staying up til the crack of dawn, drinking poison all night long. Really the last thing that someone in search of the ideal physique should be doing.

The reality of it is, the "Real" Weekend Warrior is the guy that goes to the gym on a Friday night when the place in empty and does dead lifts. The guy that wakes up at 7 am on a saturday morning well rested from a good nights sleep the night before and ready for a war with the weights. I have noticed my best gains came once I gave up the late nights. I can't lie, many of my friends have really misunderstood me for my "ways" but if you have goals and you want results you have to be committed. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good beer every now and then. I still have a great life with lots to look forward to. I just don't need the downtown party scene and am content living life without hangovers.

Be a "Weekend Warrior" for all the right reasons!
    Last edited by DarrenConroy; 03-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got a chance to practice what I was preaching today! Up at 7 today and blasted the arms!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Registered User BB-archeologist's Avatar
    BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Real warriors are made when the alarm clock goes off at 3:15 a.m. Saturday through Thursday. I accomplish more before 6 a.m. than most do in a week. Then again I go to bed right after Wheel of Fortune. When did I get old?
    2014 MR. ALASKA - PRO

Natural Pro Bodybuilder

"Flannel is more than a material, it's a lifestyle."

jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post. I agree 100%. I have never hot the deserted gym on a Friday night and htought 'I wish I was out partying'. Quieter gym = less dipsh!ts to contend with and condusive to a much better workout.

Repped op!

Originally Posted by BB-archeologist View Post
    Real warriors are made when the alarm clock goes off at 3:15 a.m. Saturday through Thursday. I accomplish more before 6 a.m. than most do in a week. Then again I go to bed right after Wheel of Fortune. When did I get old?
    Voice of a pro!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by jedi-dude View Post
    Great post. I agree 100%. I have never hot the deserted gym on a Friday night and htought 'I wish I was out partying'. Quieter gym = less dipsh!ts to contend with and condusive to a much better workout.

Repped op!
    Yeah buddy! Great words!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Beast in Training RichDestiNY22's Avatar
    RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichDestiNY22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice Post, Dude!
    Shattering mental blocks, one rep at a time...

My First Leangains Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143625273

Operation: Diesel Daddy Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149755683

Originally Posted by RichDestiNY22 View Post
    Nice Post, Dude!
    Thanks! I like your signature quote! reps!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Athlete Cards

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rhylin15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    I know that the "Weekend Warrior" is one of the many stereotypes within the confines of the gym. The guy that works out monday through friday to then goes out and parties on the weekends. Staying up til the crack of dawn, drinking poison all night long. Really the last thing that someone in search of the ideal physique should be doing.

The reality of it is, the "Real" Weekend Warrior is the guy that goes to the gym on a Friday night when the place in empty and does dead lifts. The guy that wakes up at 7 am on a saturday morning well rested from a good nights sleep the night before and ready for a war with the weights. I have noticed my best gains came once I gave up the late nights. I can't lie, many of my friends have really misunderstood me for my "ways" but if you have goals and you want results you have to be committed. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good beer every now and then. I still have a great life with lots to look forward to. I just don't need the downtown party scene and am content living life without hangovers.

Be a "Weekend Warrior" for all the right reasons!
    Right on man! I wake up at eight usually then hit the gym until about ten, all my guys are telling me sh*t like, "C'mon man! Just one weekend go out with us lets buy a bottle then we can go hit the gym Saturday afternoon!" Then they wonder why in three months I've lost 12% BF and can lift more than they can and they look the exact same way they started six months ago! It keeps me motivated and I like the gym early in the AM when theres not all this grunting and staredowns just because I squat ten plates! REPS!
    ~Miami Heat 2012 NBA Champions~

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line."

Originally Posted by Rhylin15 View Post
    Right on man! I wake up at eight usually then hit the gym until about ten, all my guys are telling me sh*t like, "C'mon man! Just one weekend go out with us lets buy a bottle then we can go hit the gym Saturday afternoon!" Then they wonder why in three months I've lost 12% BF and can lift more than they can and they look the exact same way they started six months ago! It keeps me motivated and I like the gym early in the AM when theres not all this grunting and staredowns just because I squat ten plates! REPS!
    That a boy!! It's a lifestyle that is easily misunderstood... I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10) v3dd3r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do LEGS Friday nights with a couple of guys, we're the only ones in the entire gym at 6 o'clock. It motivates me a lot!

pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wednesday night at the uni gym, after a game of rugby in the afternoon. I've been the only one in the entire gym before because if you don't strive to improve, then you're only setting yourself up to fail. Then waking up at 5 in the morning to spend 2 hours on total body workout with another half an hour intervals on the rowing machine. Before grabbing breakfast at the uni cafe and heading to lectures.

Wouldn't swap this for anything like the 'student' life.
    "Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city."
    - Oscar Wilde

Current Weight: 240lbs
    Desired Weight: 210lbs

Originally Posted by pav13 View Post
    Wednesday night at the uni gym, after a game of rugby in the afternoon. I've been the only one in the entire gym before because if you don't strive to improve, then you're only setting yourself up to fail. Then waking up at 5 in the morning to spend 2 hours on total body workout with another half an hour intervals on the rowing machine. Before grabbing breakfast at the uni cafe and heading to lectures.

Wouldn't swap this for anything like the 'student' life.
    Great mindset! It takes a lot to get up and train that hard that early... Props!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pav13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers man. It makes me angry after we'd lost a game of rugby to see people not turn up to training. To not see my teammates in the gym or to see on ******** that they'd been out every night that week. If you don't train, you don't get better and you'll continue to lose.
    "Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city."
    - Oscar Wilde

ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    absolutely not alone..!

vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    This is where iam screwing up atm i go out every saturday partying drinking...

Good motivation here to keep me in planning on once a month see how it goes

Originally Posted by vikz4 View Post
    This is where iam screwing up atm i go out every saturday partying drinking...

Good motivation here to keep me in planning on once a month see how it goes
    You can do it!! Good luck buddy!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    kept clean from going out partying for 2months and in last 2 weeks went out.. lost a kg of weight since I drank, never again thanks to this thread

Originally Posted by Bearox View Post
    kept clean from going out partying for 2months and in last 2 weeks went out.. lost a kg of weight since I drank, never again thanks to this thread
    Good to hear dude! You already have a great physique, the sky is the limit!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    More to life than weights and shakes brah. Seek a balance between social life, work and gym. No need to get hammered 3 times a week, but a good party every now and again heals the soul.

At the end of the day, what's the point in being aesthetic if your an overly serious, reclusive, sad kunt! Lawl.
    Last edited by Uberknee; 04-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) vikz4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    First weekend in 2 1/2 years i havent partyed and binged... Feelsgoodman .. No hangover .. Feel like my muscle through the week is still here and dont feel soft!

Will be looking forward to the end of the month to party hard!!!

Originally Posted by vikz4 View Post
    First weekend in 2 1/2 years i havent partyed and binged... Feelsgoodman .. No hangover .. Feel like my muscle through the week is still here and dont feel soft!

Will be looking forward to the end of the month to party hard!!!
    Nice! You may get to the end of the month and not want to! Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself! Good work!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I gotta say this is an awesome thread!

Personally, i've had some problems with partying in the last 2-3 years.
    I'm really motivated from monday through friday, training hard, eating right and all that but when saturday night comes along, I usually stay up until 6-7 AM and get home pretty hammered.

I've managed to lost 82 pounds in the last 2 and a half years and right know i'm struggling to get down the last 20 pounds in order to get close to the physique that i want.

Could you guys give me some advices on how to stop this and get really serious about my body and health?

I mean I know that you need discipline, focus, setting goals and all that but after a long week, and also I work a lot on saturdays I just feel like "having fun" so when I go out it happens every damn time!

I'm getting pretty ****ing tired about this and I must end it somehow!

Any advices would be really apreciated!

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

Simple really, when I go out I only take my ID and £10 (enough for about 4 treble vodka and diet cokes in this city). I pace myself through the night.

The point isn't don't go out at all. It's very much a case of when you do out, don't undo all the good work you've put in during the week.

I also don't do the takeaway afterwards, it's messy and horrible and I'll sleep well enough without one.

So:

- Remember that alcohol is made up of empty calories that contribute nothing to your body.

- Blowing off steam is great. Getting blind drunk isn't. Especially if you don't wake up in your own bed. Perhaps one owned by a particularly ugly woman, or a police cell's.

- Limit yourself to a set amount. Make sure you take any extra money if you need to pay entry to a club.

- Try to get home at a reasonable hour. Yes during Fresher's Week I did walk home every morning as the sun was rising. But I then didn't climb out of bed until the sun was setting. Not healthy and you won't be getting workouts or proper meals in.

- Post-night-out takeaway is banned. You wouldn't eat it if you were sober so why eat it when you're half-shot? If you think you'll be hungry later, prepare a light snack for when you get back (I normally make a chicken salad sandwich and put it in clingfilm so if I'm not hungry it'll do for the next day's lunch).

Follow these tips and you cannot go wrong. Your body and your wallet will thank you.
    - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by Tibulca View Post
    Hey guys,

I gotta say this is an awesome thread!

Personally, i've had some problems with partying in the last 2-3 years.
    I'm really motivated from monday through friday, training hard, eating right and all that but when saturday night comes along, I usually stay up until 6-7 AM and get home pretty hammered.

I've managed to lost 82 pounds in the last 2 and a half years and right know i'm struggling to get down the last 20 pounds in order to get close to the physique that i want.

Could you guys give me some advices on how to stop this and get really serious about my body and health?

I mean I know that you need discipline, focus, setting goals and all that but after a long week, and also I work a lot on saturdays I just feel like "having fun" so when I go out it happens every damn time!

I'm getting pretty ****ing tired about this and I must end it somehow!

Any advices would be really apreciated!

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!
    The first thing that you have done right along with amazingly losing 80 lbs, is you have recognized that you occasionally give in to a lifestyle that could keep you from achieving your goals. Now it's just simply going to come down to how bad you want it. This lifestyle isn't rocket science, it's more about will power and consistency. I feel that one night out drinking offsets two good workouts. So the more you go out, the more backpedaling you do. Just keep that in mind, stay consistent and motivated. Good luck my friend!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bailey7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been thinking about this a bit lately, this seemed a good thread for my thoughts.

The thing I like isn't necessarily the big lifts at the gym, it's being able to "press go." (The term I've come up with.) It's when I'm on my bicycle and need the power in my legs to be able to turn across oncoming traffic when the lights change. It's being able to run 6km at a decent pace to get somewhere on time. It's being able to move the heavy furniture helping a mate move house. It's being able to pick my girl up and carry her up the stairs into the house. I love being able to "press go." Being strong and fit in the gym is nice, but when you're transferring it to everyday life - that's when you know you're really achieving something.

So when you're able to train all week and able to "press go" when needed on the weekend, then you're definitely a real weekend warrior.

Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tibulca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for everything guys!

I've decided to take a fitness coach from my gym starting 1th of may and I want to have the "perfect diet" and to drink no alcohol for 3 months. Perfect diet means the the personalised meals plan that he'll make for me.

I' really excited about this and incredibily curios to see how much i can change my body in 3 months with proper training and dieting.

Originally Posted by bailey7 View Post
    Been thinking about this a bit lately, this seemed a good thread for my thoughts.

The thing I like isn't necessarily the big lifts at the gym, it's being able to "press go." (The term I've come up with.) It's when I'm on my bicycle and need the power in my legs to be able to turn across oncoming traffic when the lights change. It's being able to run 6km at a decent pace to get somewhere on time. It's being able to move the heavy furniture helping a mate move house. It's being able to pick my girl up and carry her up the stairs into the house. I love being able to "press go." Being strong and fit in the gym is nice, but when you're transferring it to everyday life - that's when you know you're really achieving something.

So when you're able to train all week and able to "press go" when needed on the weekend, then you're definitely a real weekend warrior.
    Well said brother! Nice!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by Tibulca View Post
    Thanks for everything guys!

I've decided to take a fitness coach from my gym starting 1th of may and I want to have the "perfect diet" and to drink no alcohol for 3 months. Perfect diet means the the personalised meals plan that he'll make for me.

I' really excited about this and incredibily curios to see how much i can change my body in 3 months with proper training and dieting.
    Great!! You are going to have to post progress pics!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com