Registered User BodyBldgPwrLftr's Avatar
    BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

495 x 2 Squat, 475 x 5 deficit deadlift and other stuff

Due to full-time school & work, plus all-time family, it seems that my training log has been updated just about once a month, usually when I post a new video to YouTube. So I figured I may as well post the video here. Perhaps I'll have a better chance of feedback, especially on my pathetic excuse for a bench press. For those who may be unfamiliar with my log, here's the abridged version of my story: Started lifting in late '04, early '05. Weighed 155-160. Been competing USAPL in 198's since 8/08. Raw PR's: 479 squat (490 gym), 297 bench (300 gym), 562 deadlift. Single-ply PR's: 551 squat, 319 bench, 568 deadlift. Tore labrum in left shoulder last May. Rehabbed, no surgery, works fine now, bench still sucks. Gaining weight to move up a weight class - sitting at 205 now. Likely to compete in August.

Thanks in advance for watching!

I'm striving to do the best I can with what I have.

Find & follow me on Instagram @fortyfiedfitness

FORTYfied Fitness & Strength channel on YouTube channel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbtBxvY6i-lcfVU9heTKMrA

lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000) lh0628 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mirin stats, that's awesome dude!

Your body moves a lot during bent-over row though.

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very strong.

How do you keep from killing your back doing those squats. It looks like you have to lean forward to get the bar on your back using that rack with the foot plate there.
    I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive? - Anonymous

1st PL Comp. in 18 years.
    March 24, 2012
    Squat=410
    Bench=325
    Dead=500
    Total=1235

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #13 -!!!---!!!-

BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lh0628 View Post
    Mirin stats, that's awesome dude!

Your body moves a lot during bent-over row though.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, there's some liberal use of body English with the rows. To be honest, I'm seriously considering dropping them altogether. Not sure it's worth it since I'm a little protective of that shoulder now.

Originally Posted by john-t-b View Post
    Very strong.

How do you keep from killing your back doing those squats. It looks like you have to lean forward to get the bar on your back using that rack with the foot plate there.
    Thanks! Good call on the foot placement. That's the only rack that can be used for free weight squats in the gym, and I'd rather do them facing that direction. If I move the bar to the other side, then I have the mirror in front of me, and my butt hits that step on the descent. My back doesn't hurt or anything, but with a power rack or a competition-style squat rack, unracking feels easier.

Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz
    Strong!

moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moonfarious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fuuuck nice op
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

Jeremy Lin Crew

john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000) john-t-b is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BodyBldgPwrLftr View Post
    Thanks! Good call on the foot placement. That's the only rack that can be used for free weight squats in the gym, and I'd rather do them facing that direction. If I move the bar to the other side, then I have the mirror in front of me, and my butt hits that step on the descent. My back doesn't hurt or anything, but with a power rack or a competition-style squat rack, unracking feels easier.
    Maybe you can put the pins in the back uprights and still face the same way and walk forward with the weight?
    Be careful.
    I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive? - Anonymous

1st PL Comp. in 18 years.
    March 24, 2012
    Squat=410
    Bench=325
    Dead=500
    Total=1235

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #13 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    Strong!
    Originally Posted by moonfarious View Post
    fuuuck nice op
    Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by john-t-b View Post
    Maybe you can put the pins in the back uprights and still face the same way and walk forward with the weight?
    Be careful.
    Careful is right! That's 1 of 2 reasons I haven't tried that. I just feel like I'd be an accident waiting to happen. Ha ha! The 2nd reason is because that would cause me to alter my setup. I try to do all my squat, bench, and deadlifts the same way, so I don't have to change anything about my technique on the platform. Granted, the foot placement on the squat will be a bit different when I'm under a real rack, but that's not as the differences between walking it forwards and backwards IMO. Maybe I'll try it for front squats first, and see how that experiment goes.

danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10) danthemansky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong dude good work!