Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    peace! it has been fun :) Jordyn's Avatar
    Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Eating clean and your social life

Hey, I'm serious. Does eating (really) clean affect your social life at all?

So last night I went to this good Mexican restaurant with some friends, and since I already had my cheat meal of the week, I almost decided not to go. But then I went anyway so I can hang out and just brought a tuna pouch, some spinach, and some almonds, and just ate that while I watched my friends (and other restaurant patrons) devour all sorts of delicious Mexican food. It was extremely torturous. Finally I had some of my friend's black beans and salsa. This has happened before in other restaurants and outings.

Pretty much a lot of my social events involve eating out and obviously most people, or most (or all) of my friends don't eat "clean."

Not to mention dating. I mean, if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse, obviously you guys will be more intimate and they'll understand and you'll work it out. But what about dating? Should I just not date those who don't eat relatively clean because of compatibility issues?

And usually people will tell me that I eat unnecessarily clean or I'm boring or I'm too strict and frankly it's quite irritating.

DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DiosItaliano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post

So last night I went to this good Mexican restaurant with some friends, and since I already had my cheat meal of the week, I almost decided not to go. But then I went anyway so I can hang out and just brought a tuna pouch, some spinach, and some almonds, and just ate that while I watched my friends (and other restaurant patrons) devour all sorts of delicious Mexican food. It was extremely torturous. Finally I had some of my friend's black beans and salsa. This has happened before in other restaurants and outings.

Pretty much a lot of my social events involve eating out and obviously most people, or most (or all) of my friends don't eat "clean."

Not to mention dating. I mean, if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse, obviously you guys will be more intimate and they'll understand and you'll work it out. But what about dating? Should I just not date those who don't eat relatively clean because of compatibility issues?

And usually people will tell me that I eat unnecessarily clean or I'm boring or I'm too strict and frankly it's quite irritating.
    my fiance completely changed her diet over to mine, instead of mcdonalds shes eating cottage cheese w grapes now, she lost 12lbs the first 3 weeks, she looks really good now, shes 5'0 94lbs
    str8flexed : You have wisdom beyond your years young one.

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

yea i have the same problem most of the time. im sure tons of people here do as well. My advice is just keep doing what youre doing and since its obviously working for you judging by your avatar, then the hell with all those losers that bother you about it

Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DiosItaliano View Post
    my fiance completely changed her diet over to mine, instead of mcdonalds shes eating cottage cheese w grapes now, she lost 12lbs the first 3 weeks, she looks really good now, shes 5'0 94lbs
    wow, thats hot. youre lucky you have people who want to eat more like you.

Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    yea i have the same problem most of the time. im sure tons of people here do as well. My advice is just keep doing what youre doing and since its obviously working for you judging by your avatar, then the hell with all those losers that bother you about it
    thank you. i just feel that it's draining at times.

-themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea i got the same problem...

whenever we go out its usually to eat then the movies or something and i'm the only one who even thinks about eating clean...

sucks when they are stuffing down your favourite cinamon buns and your eating a salad lol
    bulking to 150

Every day is different naten186's Avatar
    naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) naten186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today was the best....
    I mix a tuna/cc/oats/salsa/spinach mix, and down it real quick. While I'm eating it this chick I work with (whom I despise) comes over and says, whats that? I said "you wouldn't want to know." She says, "oh, nothing grosses me out, food is food." I tell her what it is and she makes a grossed out face and walks quickly away.

Eating clean around other people is a bitch

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know exactly how you feel. I made a similar post the other day because I'm sick of hearing my friends call me wierd for packing chicken or steak to come to their house when we play poker or watch a game. I cannot believe how FEW people actually take care of themselves. And as far as dating, it is hard. I recently went on a blind date because my buddy and this girl were having a first date and they wanted to each bring a friend, so I said ok. Long story short, I ended up having to explain why I didnt want dessert and why I ordered a steak without butter. She told me I was wierd and couldnt believe the fact that I havent eaten cheese or a hamburger in 2 months. F*ckin b*tch, lol. But yeah I feel your pain.

get serious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it is hard, but most places have something on the menu that would suffice for even the most healthy eater. Every restaurant has salad, or some sort of grilled chicken salad, stir fry veges.....but i know they add alot of salt or other lousy ingredients to even their healthiest looking menu items.
    ive come to the realization that eating a meal that is just a little off from my regular diet for the sake of good friends will not hurt you. you just need to make smart choices in the restaurant, or even ask the server if they can make you somthing like a grilled chicken salad-most places will.

i have also noticed that most of my friends or coworkers all initially have the same reaction you guys are describing, making fun of and not understanding the food you are eating. but they almost all come around if they see it enough and you explain to them what your doing and how bad the mainstream processed foods are that they are so used. they will open up after a while and be curious and may even try it with you, or make changes in their diet.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes it does interfer now and then but I have some helpfull tips.

Buy some good quality protein bars (I recomend sustain bar) and throw a few in your car or w.e, take a bar or two with u when u go out. Dont let food keep you from being socail. You can only do the best you can.

Also, eating frequently throughout the day is not THAT important, so if u had to choose between 6 meals with little socail life and 3 meals with a good socail life, definantly go for the latter. Just make sure ur daily cals are in check.

hope that helped
    My Journal :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1410281

boyscouT for MOD in '07 baby!!!!

get serious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh, and just use their naysaying as motivation in the gym, get bigger, and then what the hell can they say when your super ripped? just give em a big 'ol arm flex if they give you crap.

i always tell my brother and other family members to try and not be so EMOTIONAL when it comes to eating.

maybe we are all crazy, but most people have just been brainwashed by all those applebees, wendys, and other food commercials.

"do what tastes right"
    "taste is everything"

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wow bro you're seriously hardcore. You're my hero now. Any of my friends pack in tuna and almonds when we go out to eat and they're going to get called something less than a man. You're going to turn down a date because the guy/girl doesn't appreciate the fine culinary taste that is plain chicken breast and brown rice? Riiiight.

You're allowed to have more than one "cheat" meal every week. Just exercise control over your portions and you won't lose any hardcore points. Go watch Pumping Iron this week. Do you see Arnold and Franco packing in food when they go out to eat? He is your father. Learn from his advices.

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eating clean is not as important as eating enough (if you're trying to gain).

And eating un-clean for a meal every once in a while is just fine. I eat super clean when I'm eating by myself, so then when I'm with my friends I can afford to drink and eat a little ****ty
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jordyn, I do the same thing [bring my own food, er, kinda don't let waiters see it], but you can at least order a plain salad?? Sprinkled with lemon?? Or check the restaurant's website before hand; sometimes, they do have on line menus, or macros breakdowns. You can always adjust your plan for the day to accomodate eating out. If it fits into your macros, it's not really going to affect you.

I know, though, I hate that pressure!! Don't let it ruin your life, that would be bordering on an ed. You're a youngin', too, you're supposed to be out on dates and out with friends.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
    Wow bro you're seriously hardcore. You're my hero now. Any of my friends pack in tuna and almonds when we go out to eat and they're going to get called something less than a man. You're going to turn down a date because the guy/girl doesn't appreciate the fine culinary taste that is plain chicken breast and brown rice? Riiiight.

You're allowed to have more than one "cheat" meal every week. Just exercise control over your portions and you won't lose any hardcore points. Go watch Pumping Iron this week. Do you see Arnold and Franco packing in food when they go out to eat? He is your father. Learn from his advices.
    ya Jordyn's got some serious balls for doing that. And a big dick too (don't ask me how I know)

Seriously this doesn't have to be complicated. Just pack half a meal (like maybe just a tuna sandwich) and order something from the restaruant to fill the other nutrient ratios. Bam that way you ate clean and also cheated

RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

i used to do the SAME thing. i even went to a wedding and brought my own food. in hindsight, it was ridiculous. if it makes you feel better (going out and bringing your own food) then definitely, by all means, do it. but, judging from how you described your experience, it seems as though you felt left out almost. i felt the same way many a times. sure it helped me shed a bunch of weight and reach my desired goals, but truth be told whats the point of looking good if you don't enjoy life. i say the hell with it, go out with your friends and eat (but eat the healthier options, not the super nacho supreme) and above all RELAX. you work hard, eat right, and train hard to get where you are. cheating a few times a week really wont do anything in the long run. if you eat great (and better than almost everyone) 90% of the time, that 10% that you let yourself go will only help you continue your track to success and be much more benefical in the mental aspect!

OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i've never really had that problem cause anytime my friends go to fast food i don't go, (well sometimes to wendys ). but there's almost always something i can order from restaurants that we go to involving some kind of meat (lean steak and chicken, tuna..etc etc) or some kind of somewhat healthy food so i don't usually mind. i take it lightly when people joke around about me eating healthy. it's not really a big deal cause it's what i really want to do. people eventually see that, give it time i guess.
    ♛ ♛

Originally Posted by naten186 View Post
    Today was the best....
    I mix a tuna/cc/oats/salsa/spinach mix, and down it real quick.
    LOL, no offense, but that does sound a bit odd to me. why dont you eat 'em individually?

Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I made a similar post the other day because I'm sick of hearing my friends call me wierd for packing chicken or steak to come to their house when we play poker or watch a game. I cannot believe how FEW people actually take care of themselves. And as far as dating, it is hard. I recently went on a blind date because my buddy and this girl were having a first date and they wanted to each bring a friend, so I said ok. Long story short, I ended up having to explain why I didnt want dessert and why I ordered a steak without butter. She told me I was wierd and couldnt believe the fact that I havent eaten cheese or a hamburger in 2 months. F*ckin b*tch, lol. But yeah I feel your pain.
    YES! i will not date any guys who dont share similar eating habits! i think it'll be too difficult to get along.

Originally Posted by JDOutlook View Post
    ya Jordyn's got some serious balls for doing that. And a big dick too (don't ask me how I know)
    LOL, yeah, i hope my avatar dont make me look like a dude
    and no, im not trying to gain size

everyone else: thanks for your tips. yeah, of course when we go out to certain types of restaurants i'll order the salad, grilled chicken/fish, veggies and other healthy choices. so like if we went to a burger place i'd get a chicken burger or a salmon patty w/o the buns and eat veggies from the salad bar. but its not always possible depending on the restaurant, so they like to go to deep dish pizza places (guy friends, all my chick friends are on diets). i guess i will just have to relax a bit from time to time

oh yeah, and w/ bringing my own food and/or picking healthier food choices off the menu, it still sucks bc whatever unhealthy foods my friends are having will taste better than my healthy sh*t and i'll still be surrounded w/ temptation. but i'll be leaner, so its all good!
    Last edited by Jordyn; 02-12-2007 at 06:55 AM.

onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onelonglizard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Jordyn, I know exactly how you feel this weekend (Sat.) was horrible. I went out for mexican with friends too. I just ordered fajitas and ate them without the tortillas. High in protien and you get veggies. They are generally made with olive oil so thats not bad either. Then my dad took my wife and i to Red Lobster but its easy there had fish and some steamed veggies however i did give in to one of those cheesy biscuts god those are good.

Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000) Wowstrongcut is a complete loser! (-2000)
    why are you so worried about eating clean. you look good in your avatar and your 5'5 112.

what weight are you trying to get to?

user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ha try being in college, going to a party and refuse a beer lol the whole place freaks cuz everybody knows me back when i drank all the time...

as far as alcohol is concerned, a serous damper on social life but its not that i cant have fun without alcohol, its that people give me **** all the time and just gotta deal with it...
    Gaspari Nutrition Rep and Overall BAMF
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

Turning into a pirate-grizzy bear hybrid! --- Bulkin to 230!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127371573

TRAIN INSANE: http://vimeo.com/7472199

Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post
    why are you so worried about eating clean. you look good in your avatar and your 5'5 112.

hey, thank you.
    im just trying to maintain my wt and drop more bf% but maintain my muscles (more or less).
    i just dont wanna gain any more fat. so im afraid if i eat dirty (more often than i do now) i'll get fat! (may be more of a mental thing).
    i kno my wt sounds lite, but i have really small bones; i think theyre hollow, lol.

----------------

ooh, yeah, i can imagine the not drinking at college...lol, good for you, though

self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    my friends used to think i was weird and kinda poked fun at it, but now they see my body and are like whoa maybe he knows what he is talking about. I sit down to lunch and ask whats for lunch and they tell me nothing you can eat, too much sugar or they'll be like they have some good carbs and protein up there. I've kinda rubbed off on them and its pretty rewarding.

As for dating. Well I have a girlfriend now and she understands and will entertain me and try to eat healthy with me sometimes, but before her it sucked really bad having to explain why everytime we'd go out i'd get plain chicken, fish or a salad and no desert.

Basically, let you nice looking body do all the talking for you!
    Success isn't a goal, it is a by-product. - coach Eric Taylor

The one and only secret to my training is that I hate my body. Once you look in the mirror and say I like what I see, you've lost the battle. - Dr. Cox (Scrubs)

Time to get big!!!

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AConrad00 View Post
    ha try being in college, going to a party and refuse a beer lol the whole place freaks cuz everybody knows me back when i drank all the time...

as far as alcohol is concerned, a serous damper on social life but its not that i cant have fun without alcohol, its that people give me **** all the time and just gotta deal with it...
    I hear that. I was at a room-to-room Saturday night and had to listen to my friends bs about me not having any fun anymore since I quit drinking. I used to drink hardcore, but I quit over the summer. I still have just as much fun now as I did then, but I still sucks having to listen to everyone rag me from time to time. Oh well, I'll be better off in the end when they all have beer guts.

self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) self_made_hawk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    I hear that. I was at a room-to-room Saturday night and had to listen to my friends bs about me not having any fun anymore since I quit drinking. I used to drink hardcore, but I quit over the summer. I still have just as much fun now as I did then, but I still sucks having to listen to everyone rag me from time to time. Oh well, I'll be better off in the end when they all have beer guts.
    I've quit drinking and smoking weed for my body and i still constantly hear about the smoking part from my friends. Every now and then I used to get the munchies and would eat, not every time but it would just ruin my week so I stopped. They've learned to accept it tho

The one and only secret to my training is that I hate my body. Once you look in the mirror and say I like what I see, you've lost the battle. - Dr. Cox (Scrubs)

Time to get big!!!

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post

i would imagine she looks good BECAUSE she worries about eating clean. you look great Jordyn.
    Its always tough eating clean when you are a more social person. All our(hub and I) friends do or did work in the bar/restaurant business so we used to go out to eat/drink several nights a week. It really packed the weight on so once I lost a bunch of weight, i had to cut it back to once a week.
    I rarely eat out, and when we go to a bar, go ahead and laugh, I drink one maybe two drinks then switch over to coffee. Pre-contest I don't have a problem going into a bar and having a diet coke and a cup of coffee.

I don't know how you would eat healthy at a mexican restaurant though. Except maybe Chipotle.
    National Competitor

Some authentic fujitas sound really good right now!! Only 1,400 calories lol

Chipolte tho is great. I usually get rice, beans, chicken and hot salsa!! MMMMMM!!

Time to get big!!!

abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10) abercrombie3f is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i TOTALLY understand...and, its especially hard because i used to drink and go out all the time--now, i don't even like to do that. its hard when all your friends are eating this and that, you pack your own food or order a salad everytime. i hate when they look at me funny as if i have a problem because of my healthy eating
    Working on a better me.

ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i was getting some looks when i brought my 2 tuna sandwiches on whole grain breadto a mets playoff baseball game!! haha but its worth it, ill eat ****ty if ive been good for a while otherwise i dont really worry about it because ive noticed the same people who mock you for eating healthy today will come around asking for your advice at some point.

and about going out on dates and with friends, 90% of the time i can alter a menu item to be healthy, ive never brought my own meal to a restaurant..

9/1/05 - 157lbs
    9/1/06 - 180 lbs
    10/7/06 - 186 lbs
    11/5/06 - 188lbs
    2/1/07 - 193 lbs

RECOMPOSITION!

SHORT TERM GOAL: 195lbs and leaner/more defined by March spring break cruise...

nesh10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nesh10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jordyn I know how you feel. I have problems all the time when it comes to hanging out with friends and weekend life. I go out to the bars/clubs/dinners almost every week.....and its so frustrating when friends try to force you to have a drink every hour of the night. I feel ya on the dating part too.... Its funny though a lot of my friends are starting to come around now and asking me advice for healthier living.

fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think youre taking it a little too far. Food shouldnt control your life, if you have 2 cheat meals in a week your not going to get fat. Enjoy your life, after all whats the point of having a good body if you dont have a social life to show it off?
    People who use the term "FTW" deserve to get their ass kicked.