Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    toreman87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fantastic!

david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100) david196520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wonderful string, and exceptionally instructive.

shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I like this thread got a great knowledge thank you.

morningstar123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good Stuff. Better than a lot of crap I've seen out there. Some of these pics Ive never seen, which is a nice touch. In general, bodybuilding is shrouded in a lot of mystery and speculation. Many bodybuilders play with their own history to make themselves sound more interesting. ex, Schwarzenegger stated that he only got beat twice in his book, Education of a Bodybuilder, but in one photo in that very same book he is wearing a competition number mmm....Back in the old days the magazines would quote sizes of various muscle parts ect..ridiculous things. It is/was all about controlling how the public views your image, so the average guy never really knew a lot about the pros. I mean how many guys named Flex have we had? Yeah that's a common name for parents to name their children! lol. This thread focuses mostly on the last twenty years, which is good, but incomplete. The reality is that the bodybuilding magazines controlled bodybuilding for many years. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still present. That's pretty weird. There is no other sport that I'm aware of where magazine publishers have so much power. Anyway enough rambling...

Possibly one way to improve the thread would be to flush out some of stuff from the old days. You make a pretty big jump from Sandow to the modern age. I would like to see some stuff on the different federations and their history AAU, NPC, IFBB, NABBA, WBBG, WBF, ect.. You do a good job of covering the Mr. Olympia's, but before 1965 there was about thirty years of contests. ie, Bert Goodrich, 1939 Mr. America. AAU, I think. Then we have Sigmund Klein, Clancy Ross, Steve Reeves, Reg Park, Bill Pearl, Robby Robinson. bunch more. I'm not even sure a complete history could be written as it would require so much research and half the people are dead or aren't talking. In the past, many bodybuilders were afraid to talk, because people like Joe Weider or Bob Hoffman would slam them down and make it impossible to live or make any money. Now these guys are dead or too old to do anything. Hell, the anabolics were kept quiet for years... Even now, that whole thing is pretty tightly controlled. Ha, pretty weird sport huh?

Good job though! Nice to see a young guy interested in the history! Keep it up bro!!