PTurnerJr91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NASM Cert Issues

I have been researching the many different NCCA accredited personal trainer certifications out there and really like NASM's approach with their material. But I have an issue with their policies... the main one pertaining to them not issuing ***** to those with felonies and/or misdemeanors
    I have a 2 year old misdemeanor for petty theft and I sent in a packet to try and appeal my case in late February. But have not heard back since
    does this really matter when purchasing the test and taking it? Anyone gone through this process for an appeal?

Bump

hendo5555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They flat out told me they will not certify me but I have felonies from 2006 for assualt. Generally non body harm or sexual assulat type of **** is what they wont overlook. I used to be NASM certified, it is a good study program and the coveted cert these days really. ACSM is hard as **** as well as the NSCA. They just give you text and practice tests. I just did the NCSF wich is ncca accredited which is enough to get in the door anywhere. Ive read all the ACSM and I am gonna take it anyway but I hear its a lot of difficult questions to figure out. Most fail it 2 or 3 times. NCSF study material was good and I picked up alot of new and good stuff. I just got a 92 on the test which you have to go to a prometric center to take. You only need a 62 to pass. I dont know how the ncca was cool with that. Its inexpensive as well and a good start.

Originally Posted by hendo5555 View Post
    They flat out told me they will not certify me but I have felonies from 2006 for assualt. Generally non body harm or sexual assulat type of **** is what they wont overlook. I used to be NASM certified, it is a good study program and the coveted cert these days really. ACSM is hard as **** as well as the NSCA. They just give you text and practice tests. I just did the NCSF wich is ncca accredited which is enough to get in the door anywhere. Ive read all the ACSM and I am gonna take it anyway but I hear its a lot of difficult questions to figure out. Most fail it 2 or 3 times. NCSF study material was good and I picked up alot of new and good stuff. I just got a 92 on the test which you have to go to a prometric center to take. You only need a 62 to pass. I dont know how the ncca was cool with that. Its inexpensive as well and a good start.
    So the only NCAA accredited association that doesn't give out ***** to persons with past felonies and misdemeanora is NASM?

Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just recommend directly calling NASM if you still haven't heard back from. Call their 800 # on the website, tell them what you basically just told us (you appealed, need an answer on felons), and want a direct answer. Don't be afraid to be asked to switched to another person, and/or also call another time (plus the chat) to make sure you're getting a 100% yes or no on the decision on whether or not you can have the type of felony you have and be certified. Good luck with your potential personal training career path.
    Never Accept Defeat
    Never Quit
    You Deserve What You Settle For

Check out my past completed supplement log(s):
    LG Sciences Cold Fusion EX - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=385525371#post385525371
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=402458291#post402458291
    LG Sciences Anadraulic State GT & Anadraulic Pump - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=472949631#post472949631

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I concur with Josh, call NASM and try to explain your situation to them.
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com