FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cardio question (Running!)

I'm currently trying to lean down, drop some weight and build some muscle and strength, been going at it for about 4 weeks now and enjoying it so far, had the odd set back but appreciate it's a learning curve and I just need to stay determined.
    I was just wondering about what form of cardio you think would be best to suit my needs? To be more specific, am I best sticking with HIIT or the steady 'fat burning zone' type running? Admittedly I love both for different reasons, but I'm just not entirely sure if one will be better over the other for what I'm trying to achieve; am a little concerned about either of these cardio strategies eating in to what tiny muscle I'm building with the lifting I'm doing.

On a side note, ordered the NROLFW book the other day and am impatiently waiting for the postman. Hope it helps take my training up a notch!
    -= If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail =-

"Don't be disappointed with the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do."

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think it matters. Steady state will be easier when your legs are sore and beat up. Intervals are good for building up VO2 max. Mix it up and do what you feel like. A couple of cardio sessions a week isn't going to hurt your gains. Diet is going to hold those back.

tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50) tinyfirey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FoxBlossom View Post
    I'm currently trying to lean down, drop some weight and build some muscle and strength, been going at it for about 4 weeks now and enjoying it so far, had the odd set back but appreciate it's a learning curve and I just need to stay determined.
    I was just wondering about what form of cardio you think would be best to suit my needs? To be more specific, am I best sticking with HIIT or the steady 'fat burning zone' type running? Admittedly I love both for different reasons, but I'm just not entirely sure if one will be better over the other for what I'm trying to achieve; am a little concerned about either of these cardio strategies eating in to what tiny muscle I'm building with the lifting I'm doing.

On a side note, ordered the NROLFW book the other day and am impatiently waiting for the postman. Hope it helps take my training up a notch!
    I don't know anything about HIIT or 'fat burning zone' type running. My main cardio is bushwalking and I find that to be pretty good when I do it more intensely. Thinking I should start running too and do other cardio. As I said, I don't know anything about 'fat burning zone' running but it seems like a bit of a myth to me. As long as you run, you should be getting your cardio done well Apparently 'fat burning zone' is a big misconception and consistently gets misinterpreted so read up about it if you haven't already.

Article on HIIT training: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw40.htm
    Article on Outdoor cardio: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark84.htm

NROLFW is fantastic. Enjoy it when it comes
    You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mix it up. I'm an HIIT lover as it keeps me totally fit while stealing less of my time. However on a legs day if I run before, my lifting suffers and I'm in no state to HIIT after. A nice steady state is doable though and I will do this after 5-10HIIT if I'm sore and can't managed 20-30min HIIT.

With your HIIT; mix it up - hill reps, different interval times and speeds. Also a good 10-15min steady state after HIIT is great too.