Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50) patheticPoS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anabolic window not to be taken so strictly?

I was reading up on the anabolic window and some people claim it's o-so important to take the right nutrients right after training. They almost have you believe that your workout is useless if you don't have your protein and carbs after training.

But then I thought: if I for example have 500g of cottage cheese right before my workout, which is about 50g of protein, then by the time my workout is done, there's no way my body has already digested all of the protein from the cottage cheese I ingested 50min earlier.

Therefor, there's no real need for an immediate intake of protein right after the workout, which makes the whole anabolic window theory a bit overrated don't you take? Because everyone who's on a 3k+kcal always has some protein in his stomach being digested at the moment.

Thoughts?

edit: just found this on wiki. Apparently my thoughts aren't exactly groundbreaking lol

This “window” however appears to be a myth; although the ingestion of carbohydrates and amino acid supplementation is beneficial to those partaking in endurance-type exercises, evidence supports it does not exist with respect to weight training activities. Muscle anabolism refers to muscle protein synthesis, the uptake of protein into the muscles for repair, as well as the net balance of protein. Increased muscle size is the result of a positive protein balance and the optimal rate of muscle protein synthesis.

Contrary to this belief, researchers studying the effects of carbohydrates and amino acid supplementation taken various times after a workout found no difference in a 0-3 hour period in the rate of uptake of protein into the muscles or protein balance (Rasmussen et al., 2000). More importantly, Tipton (2001) found that weight lifters may actually benefit with respect to muscle anabolism by taking in carbohydrates and amino acids before working out. This is because weight lifting increases blood flow, which will increase the transportation of amino acids to the muscles.

doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    anabolic window lasts like 48 hours.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah you reinvented the wheel

MPS is elevated for like a day
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Hunger Aint Worth a ShžT. TinyMuscolo's Avatar
    TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting topic since day 1! Alan Aragon addressed it back then in this very forum, if u search It'd be easy to find.

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post

Read this post, then read it again - it should answer your question:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post774081783
    See the last two studies I posted comparing whey vs casein.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs