oechikr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ways to even out muscles?

Is there a way to even out your muscles? My dominant arm is my right cause I'm right handed, and I have more muscle in my right arm than my left. Also, I have more muscle on the left side of my chest than my right. I probably messed up my chest once when I worked out.... Is the arm thing normal? Do you guys have it too? I tried searching the forum, but couldnt find anything on how to help me. Could someone tell me how to correct this or point me in the right direction to fix this? Should I just work out the side that isnt even?
    I'm new to body building go easy on me....

gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dumbbells. They'll even out.

meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) meatballs3000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't work out one side more than the other -- work both sides evenly until they have equal strength, using compound movements.

BushidoB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BushidoB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I would go with dumbbells.. I don't know what you're workout is like, but if you're doing arms you should be doing an equal amount of weights and reps on each side with proper form.

Registered User BuckleyInDaHous's Avatar
    BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuckleyInDaHous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oechikr View Post
    Is there a way to even out your muscles? My dominant arm is my right cause I'm right handed, and I have more muscle in my right arm than my left. Also, I have more muscle on the left side of my chest than my right. I probably messed up my chest once when I worked out.... Is the arm thing normal? Do you guys have it too? I tried searching the forum, but couldnt find anything on how to help me. Could someone tell me how to correct this or point me in the right direction to fix this? Should I just work out the side that isnt even?
    I have the same problem, exactly. The left pec is bigger to compensate for your weaker left arm and stronger right arm compensates for your weaker right pec. I eliminated heavy barbell use unless it's light where I can actually control the amount of force I exert evenly. no more then 2 sets for barbells and keep everything else to dumbbells.

oechikr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BuckleyInDaHous View Post
    I have the same problem, exactly. The left pec is bigger to compensate for your weaker left arm and stronger right arm compensates for your weaker right pec. I eliminated heavy barbell use unless it's light where I can actually control the amount of force I exert evenly. no more then 2 sets for barbells and keep everything else to dumbbells.
    Ok. What type of workouts should I do for the dumbbells, and what weights? Heavy or moderate?
    I'm new to body building go easy on me....

HypedOut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HypedOut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by oechikr View Post
    Ok. What type of workouts should I do for the dumbbells, and what weights? Heavy or moderate?
    Try concentration curls for biceps and tricep kickbacks for triceps or anything that works out those muscles.
    Use same weight on both arms. Do 1-2 more sets on your weaker arm, always start with your weaker arm if you're doing single arm workouts. You won't notice a change that fast, maybe a few months. Do flat/incline dumbbell bench press with dumbbells for chest. Try to stay away from barbells because your stonger side will do most of the work, unless you're doing squats.