ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question 2 inch pullup attachment for my bench (no lat pulldown) ??

i Search'ed this but can't find what i am looking for. the 2 inch square at the end of my bench, i made a 6 foot long 2" by 2" wooden piece that i stick into it. then drilled a 1" hole thru it to put a bar. this is not very stable or practical at all. and i have the lat pull-down accessory but i don't like to use that for pullups (not stable either)

there must be an accessory made of steel that is only for pullups (all 1 piece) that inserts into that 2 inch square at the base of my bench. i googled it but can't seem to find one.

any ideas of an online store that sells them? surely this has been "invented" already and i'm just blind.

tx --- art.
    Less Chatter, More Splatter

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the ironmaster bench has one, but not sure as they don't sell them in the UK.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I think the ironmaster bench has one, but not sure as they don't sell them in the UK.
    You're right. Ironmaster does have a pull up bar for their bench, but it's more like 1.75" instead of the 2" requested by the OP. He might be able to fashion an adapter (shim) for it.

Here's a link for the OP:

http://www.ironmaster.com/Chin-up.html

I posted measurements recently in this thread. (The attachments are 1.78" across.)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARTAQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    actually, the inside dimensions on my bench's opening is just a hair bigger than 1 and three quarters square.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ARTAQ View Post
    actually, the inside dimensions on my bench's opening is just a hair bigger than 1 and three quarters square.
    In that case, the Ironmaster pull/chin up bar might work for you.

a fellow poster on these forums P.M.'ed me and told me that this bar is 45 millimeters square. it will fit my bench perfectly. this must be a "standard" size that will fit most all benches

looking more at this pull-up bar attachment, it is only 48" long i need it to be at least 6 feet long.

any other options out there, does anyone know of?

Originally Posted by ARTAQ View Post
    looking more at this pull-up bar attachment, it is only 48" long i need it to be at least 6 feet long.

any other options out there, does anyone know of?
    Contact a local welder and have him build one for you?

Or... consider some other pull up bar solution, such as a door mount or a wall or ceiling mount bar.

Thumbs up

good idea on the welder. i live in a mobile home, the walls arent too sturdy :-\

might be i can bolt a 2 by 4 above a door frame and use one of those slide-on pull-up bar's on it.

tx for all the ideas --- art.