Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100) Conxnut is not very well liked. (-100)

Exercises for Intercostals

What are some worthwhile exercises to focus on my Intercostals? I have killer Abs as I'm a 6ft4 Ectomorph and go hard on sit ups & crunches but my Ribs are visible around my upper intercostal/lower serratus anterior region.
    Also, my Pecs are coming on nicely, I have balanced out the inclined presses and flys and it is looking square and toned, yet directly in the centre, my sternum is visible. What are some suggestions on this?

I have began mass-eating as I have heard suggested alot, but is there any workouts or other suggestions to assist these problems?

Cheers Guys

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stats: 6'3", 151 lbs

Just by gaining more weight and really hitting those compounds all those smaller stabilizers should build up.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    The function of the intercostals is chest cavity expansion and contraction to aid breathing. Not sure how you would apply weight-training to hypertrophy the intercostals. Doing cardio while wearing a gas mask? Vacuum pose practice or Rader chest pulls after high rep squats? I doubt the intercostals have much if any capacity to hypertrophy as they so small and designed to support breathing, not lift heavy loads.

The serratus' job is to abduct, upward rotate and elevate the scapula. Overhead presses with an upward shrug at the top of the movement or flat or incline supine bench shrugs would work the serratus.

Anatomus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anatomus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anatomus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anatomus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The proper way to train this muscle is through deep breathing/inhalation.

If you wish to add resistance, you can lie on your back and place a sandbag of desired weight on your chest while inhaling deeply; a method common for yogis. A gymnastic exercise called the front tuck lever can also be an alternative if you have access to a pullup bar. Basically all you do is hang horizontal with your knees tucked above your chest, again breathing very deeply while you do it.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Conxnut View Post
    What are some worthwhile exercises to focus on my Intercostals?
    Train like a boxer. They are called the boxers muscle.
    http://www.buildingmuscle.org/2009/0...terior-muscle/
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *