PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you be toned without cutting?

I just want to know can you have nice defined muscles without going on a bit cutting diet.?
    Jamie Foran

JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000) JHarden is just really nice. (+1000)
    The only way you're going to get definition is to have a decent amount of muscle mass coupled with low bodyfat. So you're going to have to bulk to build the muscle and then spend some time cutting to get to a low bodyfat percentage. Now the amount of time you have to spend cutting will be based on how much bodyfat you currently have and how fast you bulk. If you want to minimize cutting time then bulk slowly at about 10% over your maintenance.
    Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again. - W. Clement Stone

BTK: It's Mind Over Matter

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PedigreeJF View Post
    I just want to know can you have nice defined muscles without going on a bit cutting diet.?
    It's all about your muscle mass vs your fat mass.

Unless you're already relatively lean, it's unlikely you're going to be able to (natty) put on enough mass in the short/medium term to have nice definition. In other words, it's likely you'll need to cut, i.e. energy balance/calories in vs calories out.

There's no shortcuts with this stuff. Unless you're close to having some good muscle mass and are already relatively lean, swallow the pill and don't expect to find any easy answers.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh God how I ****ing hate the word "toned"
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PedigreeJF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a fair amount of muscle packed on now. But if i get my bodyfat down to lets say 10%, will it be hard to keep that body?

GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeorgeLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a fair amount of muscle packed on now. But if i get my bodyfat down to lets say 10%, will it be hard to keep that body?
    No, if your diet is correct.

nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    That totally depends on your lifestyle. 10% is definitely a sustainable level, but it does require a certain measure of effort to maintain. The effort isn't very different from the effort needed to maintain 15%, for example, but at lower percentages it's much easier to see small changes.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RealMenDeadLift View Post
    Oh God how I ****ing hate the word "toned"
    This. Lol at toned
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hard is a relative word.

If you don't find it hard to have achieved what you consider a toned, muscular physique at 10% BF, there is no reason why it should be hard to maintain (probably should be in fact easier to maintain with the right training and nutrition once you're there).

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

Yeah i know the diet is very important when it comes to keeping the physique, but when my bodyfat is at 10% and im still trying to lift heavier, and more muscle tissue grows making my bodyfat go down, will i have to alter my diet to sustain that physique then? Thanks guys.

Yeah i know the diet is very important when it comes to keeping the physique, but when my bodyfat is at 10% and im still trying to lift heavier, and more muscle tissue grows making my bodyfat go down, will i have to alter my diet to sustain that physique then? Thanks guys.
    The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.

The more calories you burn, the more calories you need to consume to maintain said muscle mass.

[Former 300+ Crew]

and just saying but how do i know how many calories i will need as lean muscle mass increases?

and just saying but how do i know how many calories i will need as lean muscle mass increases?
    Measure your weight and BF% (from which you'll be able to deduce your lean mass), it's the only accurate way of calculating.

[Former 300+ Crew]

Originally Posted by mattypoole View Post
    Measure your weight and BF% (from which you'll be able to deduce your lean mass), it's the only accurate way of calculating.
    so if my weight is at 180 pounds and my bodyfat at 12, what do you think i should be hitting macros wise?

so if my weight is at 180 pounds and my bodyfat at 12, what do you think i should be hitting macros wise?
    Read the stickies dude, starting here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

No more questions until you've read this, please.

[Former 300+ Crew]

Originally Posted by mattypoole View Post
    Read the stickies dude, starting here:

No more questions until you've read this, please.
    Okey dokey son.