oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000)

Losing fat but staying the same weight ?

How is it possible that im the same weight ? but when i look in the mirror you can see a massive change ?

makes little to no sense :|

ProudManlet's Bodyguard PolishPhenom's Avatar
    PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am experiencing some of the same problems myself. After dropping the first 11-12 lbs on my diet I am now stuck but it looks like I'm losing fat, especially around my stomach area at times. I know it will all work itself out though. I have hit minor plateaus before and it'll settle itself out soon enough.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    You may be one of the lucky ones who is putting on muscle whilst losing fat. Unusual but not entirely unheard of.
    Or, you could be retaining water. If you go from a low carb diet to a normal or high carb diet, you can expect to retain a lot of water.

At the end of the day though, who cares? If the mirror is telling you that you look good, it doesn't really matter what the scales say. In fact, if you read up here, you'll see that mirrors and tape measures are always preferable over scales.

oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000) oCR7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am a lucky one

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by oCR7 View Post
    I am a lucky one
    20 years old

5'10"

167 lbs..

You're still growing... nothing beats natural testosterone.

Take full advantage of the opportunity now. Any muscle mass gained now will benefit you for the rest of your life.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Rayhul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am the same, but I'm replacing the fat with muscle hence why I weigh the same.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rayhul View Post
    I am the same, but I'm replacing the fat with muscle hence why I weigh the same.
    I hope you dont mean you are literally turning the fat into muscle...
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's called recomposition, basically the rate you're losing fat and gaining muscle are almost identical, usually happens to people eating within +/- 5% of their maintenance while lifting heavy and eating 1.25-1.5 their LBM in protein a day.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crack55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DYTrainer View Post
    I hope you dont mean you are literally turning the fat into muscle...
    no.

He means that for whatever amount of fat he has lost, somewhere else in his body, he made some noob muscle gains, and that proprietary law (regarding muscle and fat) cancels each other out. Hence the scale showing little to none changes.

Basically to OP: If you're starting an exercise program, the body is being thrown a curve ball. The body is used to having to use a certain amount of energy throughout the day, but now that you’re exercising, your body figures out that it needs a greater energy supply. And that's where the magic of glycogen lies. It stores the extra grams of water in your muscles and liver, so that over time, the things that you put in your mouth won't turn into fat as quickly, thus making the weight loss a snappier process.

But that's sort of irrelevant anyways. Weight staying the same, weight shifting, weight increasing the first month or so, etc.. There's too many factors coming into play; such as water retention, noob gains, the scale playing tricks. The best way to find out is on the second month. If in the second month, the scale lights up gold when you step on it, it generally means you're in the right direction and need to stay in the game and don't even for once, think about throwing in the towel(been that road couple of times, it generally isn't in a good state to be in, mentally, or physically)

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are a lot of factors to consider.

Going from low carb to high carb will cause water retention. Too much salt can too. If you are new to lifting you will retain extra water for a while until the body adjusts. If you are a newbie and obese you can gain some LM but not normally enough to completely offset the fat loss.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

manipool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rayhul View Post
    Yeah, it's weird, but I usually can tell by how my clothes fit and how I feel whether I'm losing the needed weight. I usually show muscle first on my shoulders first, then legs, butt then my stomach.
    Mani B

GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetFitForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would take pictures every couple weeks and see if you are making any progress. Pictures do not lie and you can see what adjustment you need to make.

RLB31384
    I did that when I was 18 or so.. I was benching 120 when I started..weighed 127 pounds...was benching 235 and still weighed the same when I finished..though I actually wanted to gain weight hah..just didn't eat enough. Sadly I stopped lifting though. I'm assuming its not going to work as well now that im 28.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by manipool View Post
    Yeah, it's weird, but I usually can tell by how my clothes fit and how I feel whether I'm losing the needed weight. I usually show muscle first on my shoulders first, then legs, butt then my stomach.
    Sorry to rain on the parade here, but a 5'5", 150 lbs woman doesn't get the same pass as a 5'10" 167 lb 20 year old man....

For a 150 lb woman, you should expect to lose at least 10 pounds of body fat in the time it would take to add a pound of muscle....net 9 pound scale loss. If the scale isn't going down for you, I'd suggest you tighten up the diet further.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

So i'm losing weight but putting on muscle at the same time not bad

trav2x203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i believe im going through the same exact thing. It frustrates me because i desperately want to get rid of this gut

Originally Posted by trav2x203 View Post
    i believe im going through the same exact thing. It frustrates me because i desperately want to get rid of this gut
    At 6'3" and 278 you're in denial. You should be losing at least 10 pounds per month. Any less and you are simply eating too much.

ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThomasBlake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sometimes I'll notice my weight is stagnant but its usually followed by an eventual whoosh.
    "Government is founded on property;
    property is founded on conquest;
    conquest is founded on power;
    All power is founded on brain and brawn." - Ragnar Redbeard

Bench Press: 245lbs×20×13×12
    Squats: 275lbs×20×15×10
    Deadlifts: 315lbs×5×8×7

Lex Talionis

creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ThomasBlake View Post
    Sometimes I'll notice my weight is stagnant but its usually followed by an eventual whoosh.
    100% agree with this. Last month I only lost like 3 pounds. First week of this month I lost 3 pounds lol. Same cals, workout etc. I really felt like last month my body was recomping. Keep on trucking and you'll see scale change. If you're eating the right cals it's a matter of time till you see a change.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by creepa200 View Post
    100% agree with this. Last month I only lost like 3 pounds. First week of this month I lost 3 pounds lol. Same cals, workout etc. I really felt like last month my body was recomping. Keep on trucking and you'll see scale change. If you're eating the right cals it's a matter of time till you see a change.
    Not really a surprise if you think about it. Say you were 180 beginning of month 1 and at the end of month1 you were at 177. Why would you think that the same amount of calories that took you from 180 to 177 would the same to take you from 177 to lower? They wouldn't, calories must be adjusted when fat (not weight) loss become stagnant. The end goal of a lean muscular body is a moving target, not a static goal.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100) Glenntpr is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey brother. I started 5 weeks ago after 4 years of no weight training. Initially I dropped from 201 to 192 (on fasting) but I am noticing changes... waist went from 35.5 to 32.5... arms chest back are filling real nice.... weight is just stable at 192 on fast.

This is my week #5 so I am just staying on this trail...