Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Are "College" Classes Harder than AP's?

In my Highschool, classes are offered with the prenames "Honors," "AP," and "College." I know that AP is harder than Honors, but what about college? I see classes like College English 12 (Syracuse University Project Advance) and College Economics (SUPA) and I wonder if they are harder than their AP counterparts. They both have the same suggested guidelines in terms of recommended grades for the previous year class in the sequence and weights. They're taught within the school, but labeled "College." They also provide college credit. Do you know if they're harder than APs?
    Last edited by Evanspec; 03-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Reps are meaningless, so come at me, "brah."
    Troll me. I dare you.

Starting Lifts..........Current Lifts..........Goals

Squat: 95x5...........125x5..................185x5
    Bench: 60x5...........85x5....................135x5
    Dead: 125x5...........165x5..................225x5

★Straight A's but no common sense crew★
    ★☆★★☆ tmiscplace2 crew ★☆★★☆

Registered User childishbambino's Avatar
    childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10) childishbambino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on the college and class
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adubasas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you seriously ask the dumbest f*cking questions.

AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Evanspec View Post
    In my school, classes are offered with the prenames "Honors," "AP," and "College." I know that AP is harder than Honors, but what about college? I see classes like College English 12 (Syracuse University Project Advance) and College Economics (SUPA) and I wonder if they are harder than their AP counterparts. They both have the same suggested guidelines in terms of recommended grades for the previous year class in the sequence and weights. They're taught within the school, but labeled "College." They also provide college credit. Do you know if they're harder than APs?
    Last time I checked AP classes counted as college credit?

dem nips

Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evanspec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adubasas View Post
    you seriously ask the dumbest f*cking questions.
    You seriously give the dumbest f*cking answers. -_-
    Troll me. I dare you.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on the course and the university, but generally yes.

Having said that, AP Comp Sci and Math are great. It makes first year math easier to grasp.
    Misc Cologne Crew

StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StacySafe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Depends on the major.

For the most part, the effort and learning required to make a good score on an AP exam is about as much as it would take to get a good grade in the same class at college. Be aware though, these exams will generally only take care of your general education credits for the most part. It's not until you get into upper division classes that are intensely related to your major that it becomes truly difficult. The AP exams do not reach this level.

Classes such as chemistry, calculus, english etc. are all introductory level courses that freshman and sophomores usually take. This is what your AP scores will substitute if acceptable.

Originally Posted by StacySafe View Post
    Depends on the major.

For the most part, the effort and learning required to make a good score on an AP exam is about as much as it would take to get a good grade in the same class at college. Be aware though, these exams will generally only take care of your general education credits for the most part. It's not until you get into upper division classes that are intensely related to your major that it becomes truly difficult. The AP exams do not reach this level.

Classes such as chemistry, calculus, english etc. are all introductory level courses that freshman and sophomores usually take. This is what your AP scores will substitute if acceptable.
    Not in college yet. I'm asking this about high school classes.
    Troll me. I dare you.

BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000) BPSteve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From my experiences, AP classes are much easier than the college equivalents. I took multiple AP classes in high school, but a few I didn't take the AP test for (idk why, probably should have) and ended up taking the same class in college and it was much tougher and covered a lot more material. I'd recommend taking as many as possible, thats definitely something I regret. I mean, I came into college with 12 credits but I know some people with as much as 30. And especially if you're paying for college yourself, its a big money saver
    *Gets nervous going in for a haircut crew

AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgoPerVirtus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just curious as to why you're even asking this? If you're too ****ing stupid to figure out for yourself what a course title means, then how can you expect to even begin to understand the course itself?

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)

he's talking about high school classes. he's saying that although getting a good score on the AP exam takes a similar amount of effort to getting a good score in the college course, those AP exams are usually replacements for your GE college classes (the ones that everyone has to take). so when you take specific classes for your major, they are harder than the AP class of that same subject

there are no AP classes in college

and the answer to your question is yes
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

Originally Posted by AgoPerVirtus View Post
    I'm just curious as to why you're even asking this? If you're too ****ing stupid to figure out for yourself what a course title means, then how can you expect to even begin to understand the course itself?
    Somebody has their tampon stuck too far up.
    Troll me. I dare you.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    read my post

mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100) mysticbiker is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im at com college. Classes are as easy as grade 9-10 shyt. BRB never doing homework, brb have 90% in most classes.

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    op is 13. not in high school.
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    this

im in advanced chem, which is same as AP. and yes they count for college credits
    Best meet lifts (all raw): 865 squat, 565 bench, 720 deadlift.
    Best meet total: 2110

Gym lifts: 903 squat, 565 bench, 725 deadlift.

Instagram @bigfatfuk

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StacySafe View Post
    Depends on the major.

Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting, I would love to be your knight in shining armor. If you want to talk to a good friend, honest, sweet and tender, you can do with me at any moment, I am a good person, kind, loyal and sincere. My friendship that I offer you is clean and transparent. I congratulate to you, because you are very beautiful, your beauty, your charming figure, your pleasant and angelical smile, your personality, your happiness, your charm, your kindness, your beautiful eyes, your lips soft and exquisite, delicate your hands, your legs precious Your beautiful, spectacular and divine body, you have all these qualities and more, you are a wonderful and perfect woman, your gaze is tender and sweet, penetrating my soul. The beauty of a rose has no comparison with the sweetness of your face and the beauty of your heart. I am of the people, I like to have a good relationship with all my friends.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

ITT op realized he dun goofed and doesn't reply

please respond.

Registered User GALICKGUNVEGETA's Avatar
    GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50) GALICKGUNVEGETA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xBONExCROWNx View Post
    this

im in advanced chem, which is same as AP. and yes they count for college credits
    Accelerated classes are different from AP classes.

OP, I would say that the answer to your question is, generally speaking, yes; college classes probably tend to be more difficult.

Master of Proteen Fartz cinnawaffls's Avatar
    cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never in my life have I heard of there being a "college" class in high school....

It's always either Honors or AP for the harder classes.
    "God will not have his work made manifest through cowards"

▲▼▲5'8" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

Originally Posted by SamSix View Post
    I think what you're trying to say is this:
    ITT OP is a **** for planning his HS schedule ahead of time.

Originally Posted by MilkBender View Post
    ITT op realized he dun goofed and doesn't reply

please respond.
    I just said that because I felt like he could easily respond without having to result to insults and expletives.
    Troll me. I dare you.

bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Age 13, why are you worrying about stuff like this now, ease up srs.

Good one *******

I'm not a try-hard, I'm just smarter than you.
    lulz

I think what you're trying to say is this:
    ITT OP is a **** for planning his HS schedule ahead of time.

I just said that because I felt like he could easily respond without having to result to insults and expletives.
    did you read my post???
    Originally Posted by bonercoaster View Post
    Age 13, why are you worrying about stuff like this now, ease up srs.
    doesn't hurt to research this but I agree op worries too much

also stop assuming that everyone is attacking you

OP can't even take AP classes as a freshman anyway...pointless to even think about it

bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonercoaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you read my post???

are you talking to evanspec or me? srs

Originally Posted by bonercoaster View Post
    are you talking to evanspec or me? srs
    middle comment is to you

Master of Proteen Fartz cinnawaffls's Avatar
    cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This. Op is showing strong insecurities on an online forum.
    "God will not have his work made manifest through cowards"

▲▼▲5'8" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pexium will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, it depends on both your high school and college you go to. I go to Uga, which is a good school, but I honestly feel like my ap classes were harder. On the other hand, my highschool was filled with a bunch of competitive asians..

Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pexium View Post
    Honestly, it depends on both your high school and college you go to. I go to Uga, which is a good school, but I honestly feel like my ap classes were harder. On the other hand, my highschool was filled with a bunch of competitive asians..
    I go to a large competitive school.

If the uni I go to has easier college classes then I can spend a good portion of my time not even studying.