Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvon2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To begin with, I would start by eating fewer calories. Find the point where you are sustaining your weight within a few pounds (your water weight will fluctuate a few pounds depending on how hydrated you are). Then, slowly begin adding more calories to that in order to begin putting on muscle/weight. Keep in mind however, that when you do this, don't jump up a ton in your caloric intake because for the first several months you start lifting, you will be burning burning fat (dropping in weight) while putting on muscle (gaining weight) so your weight will remain the same for a while.

For instance, it took me almost 3 months to put on my first pound from where I initially started. But, I put on quite a bit of muscle. Check out my progress pics from December to mid-February so you can see what I am talking about.

rezonate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jvon2011 View Post
    To begin with, I would start by eating fewer calories. Find the point where you are sustaining your weight within a few pounds (your water weight will fluctuate a few pounds depending on how hydrated you are). Then, slowly begin adding more calories to that in order to begin putting on muscle/weight. Keep in mind however, that when you do this, don't jump up a ton in your caloric intake because for the first several months you start lifting, you will be burning burning fat (dropping in weight) while putting on muscle (gaining weight) so your weight will remain the same for a while.

For instance, it took me almost 3 months to put on my first pound from where I initially started. But, I put on quite a bit of muscle. Check out my progress pics from December to mid-February so you can see what I am talking about.
    Agreed. People go far too nuts on trying to avoid a calorie deficit. If you normally needed 2500 cals to maintain normal weight, you really don't need thousands more per day to build muscle, not until you carry much mor muscle. That attitude just plays into the hands of the full-of-**** supplement companies.

My advice? - Eat less fat, or replace the saturated with healthy fats, 130g total fat is more than enough.
    - Eat less sugar
    - Get your nutrition from actual food, and avoid the man made rubbish

Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Butcher22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm eating about 600 more than maintenance. From what I've read that's not a huge jump.

rezonate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Butcher22 View Post
    I'm eating about 600 more than maintenance. From what I've read that's not a huge jump.
    Maybe so but every body works differently, try watching where you're getting the cals then i guess..

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would keep it down to 300 over maintenance. No point 'fulking'

m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) m9a1mike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I think I am going to use all-pro routine on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays with HIIT training on Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Butcher22 -- as a 50 year old newb, I would suggest sticking with SS for a few more months and reducing your caloric intake for awhile if necessary. I am in my 2nd month of SS, and have seen dramatic gains in both appearance and overall strength. I've lost a couple of inches off my waist while actually increasing strength. When I was younger, I was anxious to look like the next Arnold, Lee Haney, etc.. and did whatever the latest split that was published in MuscleMag. While I did get "pumped", the gains were temporary. I wish I had known about SS when I was your age instead of screwing around with split routines and millions of different isolation excercises that produced little results and maybe even long term injury.

Since you've only completed your 4th workout, give it some more time, reduce your caloric intake slightly and do some light cardio on your "off" days. One other thing: it is far easier to really gain strength at your age when your testosterone levels are higher than when you are older. You have plenty of time to "cut" and get "ripped".