CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Having Issues After 25 Years Old?

Hey everyone. This may be posted in the wrong place, I haven't posted on BB in quite some time.

I have been having issues lifting over the last year or so(after my 25th bday).
    For some background,I have been lifting since I was 15. I primarily focused on bodybuilding until i was about 19. The last 6 years i have focused on powerlifting and strength solely. At a 158lb bw,my lifts currently are 290 bench,430 squat, and 550 deadlift. I used to train in commercial gyms, and since moving into a new home last year(summer 2018),i have been training at home. I built a garage gym with all of the equipment I need to train. I have been having a hard time staying motivated and interested in my workouts, and I cannot figure out why. Training has not been fun for me lately and just amounts to aches and pains. On the other end, I feel as though if I dont train I am lazy and not doing anything with my free time. I guess Im just not sure if these aches and loss of motivation are normal as I age, or if you guys have any ideas to help remedy it. I currently don't take any supplements, I used to back in the day when I first started, but then quickly learned the majority of supps are BS anyway lol. Sleep schedule is normal, and I work Mon-Fri 7-5.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom or advice you may have.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CregDowdy View Post
    Hey everyone. This may be posted in the wrong place, I haven't posted on BB in quite some time.

I have been having issues lifting over the last year or so(after my 25th bday).
    For some background,I have been lifting since I was 15. I primarily focused on bodybuilding until i was about 19. The last 6 years i have focused on powerlifting and strength solely. At a 158lb bw,my lifts currently are 290 bench,430 squat, and 550 deadlift. I used to train in commercial gyms, and since moving into a new home last year(summer 2018),i have been training at home. I built a garage gym with all of the equipment I need to train. I have been having a hard time staying motivated and interested in my workouts, and I cannot figure out why. Training has not been fun for me lately and just amounts to aches and pains. On the other end, I feel as though if I dont train I am lazy and not doing anything with my free time. I guess Im just not sure if these aches and loss of motivation are normal as I age, or if you guys have any ideas to help remedy it. I currently don't take any supplements, I used to back in the day when I first started, but then quickly learned the majority of supps are BS anyway lol. Sleep schedule is normal, and I work Mon-Fri 7-5.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom or advice you may have.
    So several possibilities I see

1) It's boring and lonely to lift alone compared to a gym. Do you have a lifting partner or friends who lift with you at your home gym?

2) You're simply getting bored with lifting so much. It happens. Interests and priorities change.

3) There could be a physiological issue. Impossible for me to cover the possibilities here, but if you don't think it's 1 or 2, getting a routine health exam wouldn't hurt. From your description, I'm still banking on 1 or 2.

4) Psychological issue. You could be depressed. Pretty common, but it generally wouldn't affect only your lifting.

What do you think is the issue?

BTW: impressive numbers

CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CregDowdy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    So several possibilities I see

1) It's boring and lonely to lift alone compared to a gym. Do you have a lifting partner or friends who lift with you at your home gym?

2) You're simply getting bored with lifting so much. It happens. Interests and priorities change.

3) There could be a physiological issue. Impossible for me to cover the possibilities here, but if you don't think it's 1 or 2, getting a routine health exam wouldn't hurt. From your description, I'm still banking on 1 or 2.

4) Psychological issue. You could be depressed. Pretty common, but it generally wouldn't affect only your lifting.

What do you think is the issue?

BTW: impressive numbers
    Thanks for the reply man. I lift every sunday with a buddy of mine which generally goes pretty well and we have a good time. Im also thinking something of the same that I may be bored of lifting so often. Just really not sure to remedy it. Part of me wants to focus more on bodybuilding again for the sake of my joints aching and to get in better shape overall,and part of me likes lifting really heavy lol.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CregDowdy View Post
    Thanks for the reply man. I lift every sunday with a buddy of mine which generally goes pretty well and we have a good time. Im also thinking something of the same that I may be bored of lifting so often. Just really not sure to remedy it. Part of me wants to focus more on bodybuilding again for the sake of my joints aching and to get in better shape overall,and part of me likes lifting really heavy lol.
    Mix it up.
    Sounds like you have a nice garage gym set up. Maybe see if your buddy wants to lift there 2 days a week. Maybe do non power-lifting stuff with your significant other or other friends other days. I don't know, but your lifting went from a social activity to an isolated one. I put on the TV in my gym, but for powerlifting, not sure that works well.

thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lifting at home is boring and lacks variety. I have a killer setup in my garage and still go to the gym. I use the stuff at home when I'm short on time. Pre workout helps with motivation and intensity if you need a boost there. Also if you feel lethargic and unmotivated, cant seem to heal or make any more progress, get your hormone levels tested.
    *High Test Crew*

6'4" master race crew.

Epic beard to compensate for baldness crew.

Almost 40 and the best I've ever been crew.

Sicilian German hybrid

Originally Posted by thehardg00dbye View Post
    Lifting at home is boring and lacks variety. I have a killer setup in my garage and still go to the gym. I use the stuff at home when I'm short on time. Pre workout helps with motivation and intensity if you need a boost there. Also if you feel lethargic and unmotivated, cant seem to heal or make any more progress, get your hormone levels tested.
    Thanks brother. I was sort of thnking getting them tested as well,Ive never done that so maybe it would give me some insight.

blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This happened to me and I started getting into strongman. Now I loathe my rest days. It’s a bit of money to start but there are cheap options for axles, farmers carry, heavy sandbags, natural stones (free). I bought a log which is now my favourite lift. I started doing safety bar squats too which has made me enjoy squatting again and I see direct carryover to stones.
    Push or pull a vehicle. Grip holds.

It’s a lot more fun and I’ve noticed huge gains in my overall strength (probably mostly from overhead pressing)
    Tobacco prostitute
    "Grow up Harriet"