Registered User shadowconspiracy's Avatar
    shadowconspiracy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Leaning out - Carbs?

I eat a moderate amount of carbs. Usually around 200-250g. Just focusing on carbs this is my breakdown on my carb consumption as of right now. I get roughly 300g of protein and 108g of fat. I am a hardgainer if I go to low in calories good by muscle mass.

Wake Up (530am): 25g
    Meal 1 (630am): 25g
    Meal 2 (830am): 25 g
    Meal 3 (1130am): 25g
    Prewrokout meal (230pm): 25 g
    Post Workout shake/snack (630pm): 60g malodextrin with 20g whey, 10g amino acids, 5g BCAAs.
    Meal 6 (730pm): 10g from veggies
    Bedtime Snack: 10g cottage cheese

this is a rough estimate of my carb intake. The reason for the 60g is the insulin spike. I'm trying to lose that last % or 2 of BF. Im sitting at 10% right now. I seem to see results so far in 2 weeks of following this routine of carb intake. I was wondering if since I'm trying to lose BF should I drop the 60g P/W to keep my isulin from spiking since it stops the fat burning process and spread out the carbs and get about 40g of complex carbs. Looking at these 2 nutrition plans which would be better to lose that last bit?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein powder will spike your insulin alone. Ditch the malto

Also, why are you taking BCAAs and whey... You know whey has BCAAs in it...
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    correct me if I'm wrong but you are consuming way too many carbs if you are trying to lean out..

Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calebyeah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    reducing my calories and cycling my carbs has gotten me from 9.5 down to about 8%, im talking ~150 a day

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SayMilesAway View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but you are consuming way too many carbs if you are trying to lean out..
    You are wrong
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Calebyeah View Post
    reducing my calories and cycling my carbs has gotten me from 9.5 down to about 8%, im talking ~150 a day
    Okay I can see 150 but not 300.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If the topic is leaning out, why has there been no mention of calories?

EDIT: In hindsight, if you're comparing equal pro/fat intakes then I see that reducing carbs would reduce calories so my comment might look idiotic

I'd ditch the PWO dextrose for starters.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungryone15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd suggest going carbs only from veggies, with a cheat meal with as many carbs as you want once every 5 days, if you want to lean out very quickly. And the user who posted that whey spikes your insulin is absolutely correct... you don't need the maltodextrin PWO

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hungryone15 View Post
    I'd suggest going carbs only from veggies, with a cheat meal with as many carbs as you want once every 5 days, if you want to lean out very quickly. And the user who posted that whey spikes your insulin is absolutely correct... you don't need the maltodextrin PWO
    bull****.
    OP - the key is to be in caloric deficit and keep carbs as high as possible while still losing bodyfat.

I mentioned roughly about how many g of each macro Im taking in. I'm taking in from 2972-3172 calories. I am a hardgainer and the reason being that I am taking in 200-250g of carbs is because when I take in lower carbs/a really low amount of calories my energy levels start to suffer when it comes to workout plus my muscle mass suffers. This is why I threw in hardgainer<----Thanks for the PWO advice. Also, the reason why I am taking amino acids is because since I started doing what I said in my first post, while I have been leaning out I have also gained .5 lbs. I take in 20g of amino acids/bcaas throughout the day. I want no chance of losing muscle mass which is easy for me when dropping into low caloric intake territories. I dropped my carbs to around 150 today and plan on staying there for a couple weeks. So with everything I said, how can I keep the intensity of my workouts/energy levels up with such low carb intake.

Originally Posted by shadowconspiracy View Post
    I mentioned roughly about how many g of each macro Im taking in. I'm taking in from 2972-3172 calories. I am a hardgainer and the reason being that I am taking in 200-250g of carbs is because when I take in lower carbs/a really low amount of calories my energy levels start to suffer when it comes to workout plus my muscle mass suffers. This is why I threw in hardgainer<----Thanks for the PWO advice. Also, the reason why I am taking amino acids is because since I started doing what I said in my first post, while I have been leaning out I have also gained .5 lbs. I take in 20g of amino acids/bcaas throughout the day. I want no chance of losing muscle mass which is easy for me when dropping into low caloric intake territories. I dropped my carbs to around 150 today and plan on staying there for a couple weeks. So with everything I said, how can I keep the intensity of my workouts/energy levels up with such low carb intake.
    Also, for those who suggest lowering my calorie intake really low, I am a HARDGAINER, and you can burn fat without going negative in calories or going super low on carbs if you know what to eat. I am trying to lean out the most I can in 2 1/2 weeks.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Also, for those who suggest lowering my calorie intake really low, I am a HARDGAINER, and you can burn fat without going negative in calories or going super low on carbs if you know what to eat. I am trying to lean out the most I can in 2 1/2 weeks.
    You're confused.

You need a caloric deficit to reduce adiposity. You just didn't estimate your TDEE accurately.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You're confused.

You need a caloric deficit to reduce adiposity. You just didn't estimate your TDEE accurately.
    I have a job that does not require much physical work, I do have a high metabolism, I do not do cardio, and I got to the gym from 1hr to 1 1/2hrs. With certain resources I've used to calculate my TDEE I burn around 2700-2800 calories on workout days. I just do regular lifting, no circuits, and I don't superset much. But if I am estimating my TDEE how am I leaning out but also have gained roughly 1lb in 2 weeks. When I way myself I weight myself in the morning first thing before I touch any food or beverage. I know I'm leaning out because my lower abs are coming in more noticably, I'm starting to see new lines all over. I have however just come off a clean bulk which I was taking in 4500 calories per day and since than have dropped about 3oo calories a week in carbs down to what you see I take in now. I have kept strict track of my caloric/macro intake almost obessively. Do you have any advice on where I can maybe calculate my TDEE more accurately?

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Calebyeah View Post
    really? I got there by aiming for a MINIMUM of 300 a day

and you can burn fat without going negative in calories
    are you trolling?

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a job that does not require much physical work, I do have a high metabolism, I do not do cardio, and I got to the gym from 1hr to 1 1/2hrs. With certain resources I've used to calculate my TDEE I burn around 2700-2800 calories on workout days. I just do regular lifting, no circuits, and I don't superset much. But if I am estimating my TDEE how am I leaning out but also have gained roughly 1lb in 2 weeks. When I way myself I weight myself in the morning first thing before I touch any food or beverage. I know I'm leaning out because my lower abs are coming in more noticably, I'm starting to see new lines all over. I have however just come off a clean bulk which I was taking in 4500 calories per day and since than have dropped about 3oo calories a week in carbs down to what you see I take in now. I have kept strict track of my caloric/macro intake almost obessively. Do you have any advice on where I can maybe calculate my TDEE more accurately?
    body weight measurement =/= body fat measurement. Today I weighed 2lbs more than I did yesterday, do you see what I'm inferring?

Registered User frankturner1982's Avatar
    frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) frankturner1982 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Work out protein and fat macros then use rest of calories for carbs.

Adjust calorie intake for said goal and you're good to go.

Simples
    inb4pug

To learn how to compose a reasonable diet, please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

----------

This may shock you, but the names of the foods you eat do not determine the outcome of your diet and nor does the frequency of your feeding.

What determines the outcome of your diet is caloric balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

:)

Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    body weight measurement =/= body fat measurement. Today I weighed 2lbs more than I did yesterday, do you see what I'm inferring?
    I'm not sure what trolling is lol but I see what you're saying.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    bull****.
    OP - the key is to be in caloric deficit and keep carbs as high as possible while still losing bodyfat.
    ^^^^^this

And whey will not have an adverse affect on insulin
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB