Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Compound movements for arms?

I was wondering, I've been working out for about 2.5 months now and I've seen some good progress all around, including my arms but I'm wanting more compound movements to get bigger arms faster.

For arms I'm doing;

Biceps: Preacher Curls, Barbell Curls, Close-Grip Chin-ups, Dumbbell Curls, and sometimes 21's.

Triceps: Tricep Pull-downs (one arm, then two arms), Tricep Kick-Backs, Skullcrushers, and this other one where you lay flat on the bench and have a dumbbell and put it behind your head and pull it back up to your chest - forget the name for that one, and sometimes some close-grip bench press.

I was wanting some more compound movements since these are mainly isolation movements and according to thehodgetwins, compound movements > isolation movements for arms.

Thanks for the replies!

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deadlifts, Flat Bench Press, and as you mentioned, close-grip bench.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Excision94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Deadlifts, Flat Bench Press, and as you mentioned, close-grip bench.
    Ok sweet, and yeah I forget to mention Flat Bench Press! So I'll just add Deadlifts.

Thanks a lot.

ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Biceps: Barbell Rows, pullups, chin-ups, there's a plethora bro.
    Triceps: bench, shoulder/military press, dips, pushups
    **vomits when cashier asks if i want cash back crew**
    **tried going gay because i couldn't get girls Crew**
    **couldn't get guys either crew**
    **cat is the only one that accepts me crew**
    **obsess over girls at first contact crew**
    **young children cry at the sight of me crew**
    **goes grocery shopping at 3am to limit human interaction crew**
    **Negged Team Pun, he negged back crew**

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    overhead press..barbell curl

SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ye compounds are better than isolation lifts but there are no compound lifts for arms. Benching uses your triceps but you can't hit bi's & tri's in one move. I would suggest dips though

ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SethBJJ View Post
    Ye compounds are better than isolation lifts but there are no compound lifts for arms. Benching uses your triceps but you can't hit bi's & tri's in one move. I would suggest dips though
    you could do that seated curl to a shoulder press for a single movement

i've seen a guy do this. but then again he didn't use very much weight (40lb dumbell)

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedRocks View Post
    you could do that seated curl to a shoulder press for a single movement

i've seen a guy do this. but then again he didn't use very much weight (40lb dumbell)

Clean and Jerk if you want a full body movement.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Brosnbroccoli has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Excision94 View Post
    I was wondering, I've been working out for about 2.5 months now and I've seen some good progress all around, including my arms but I'm wanting more compound movements to get bigger arms faster.

For arms I'm doing;

Biceps: Preacher Curls, Barbell Curls, Close-Grip Chin-ups, Dumbbell Curls, and sometimes 21's.

Triceps: Tricep Pull-downs (one arm, then two arms), Tricep Kick-Backs, Skullcrushers, and this other one where you lay flat on the bench and have a dumbbell and put it behind your head and pull it back up to your chest - forget the name for that one, and sometimes some close-grip bench press.

I was wanting some more compound movements since these are mainly isolation movements and according to thehodgetwins, compound movements > isolation movements for arms.

Thanks for the replies!
    Hey man, Yeah the Hodge twins are awesome indeed!
    If you don't mind bodyweight exercises, I suggest pull ups for bi's and dips for tri's.. oh and narrow grip bench press for tri's

Originally Posted by Brosnbroccoli View Post
    Hey man, Yeah the Hodge twins are awesome indeed!
    If you don't mind bodyweight exercises, I suggest pull ups for bi's and dips for tri's.. oh and narrow grip bench press for tri's
    OK, thanks a lot man! But at the end of the day... I CAN DO WHATEVER THE **** I WANNA DO!

Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Clean and Jerk if you want a full body movement.
    i know. but the guy was saying there's no compounds for both the bicep and the tricep

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Triceps theres closegrip and dips. Bicep there's not much, maybe chinups, but most bicep exercises are isolation

btw don't take advice from the hodgetwins lol
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000) gtslmfao is just really nice. (+1000)
    dips, chinups
    540/400/620 @ 181
    Youtube: @gtslmfaoz

SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedRocks View Post
    i know. but the guy was saying there's no compounds for both the bicep and the tricep
    Curl and press would work but I meant being able to hit them both in one move like squats do with the leg muscles

Originally Posted by SethBJJ View Post
    Curl and press would work but I meant being able to hit them both in one move like squats do with the leg muscles
    i feel you brah

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5