Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1848
    teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZacK1313 View Post
    Big bad Joe!!! hope all is well with you my friend!

I have a question for you and I know that you are a wealth of knowlege so I am sure you can help me out.

So I am about 15 weeks out from my first show in 2014 and my diet was going good up until recently. For the past couple weeks I have stalled out on the weight loss part of things, but from my progress photo's I look leaner. So my question is can you grow into your diet, cause that is what it seems to be happening. The thing that worry's me is I don't want to compete in Light Heavyweight cause I just don't have the mass yet for it. I may need to enlist your help again this year to really lean out and beat these pugs of the stage. Thanks for your time and help, talk with you soon!

Zack K.
    Hi Zack, yes you can grow into the shows, usually that happens on the second or 3 show that are back to back about 2 to 3 weeks apart(only if your really lean and your diet/training is adjusted properly), forget about the light heavy weight for now(guys that usually weigh about 230 to 240 drop down to the light heavies ), let me see where your at and well enhance your body to the next level...

Joe Palumbo
    IFBB PRO
    Joeswat Ifbb Pro Infinitelabs
    www.infinitelabs.com
    www.fitnesswithjoeswat.org
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/InfiniteLabsSupplements

billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your time to provide feedback. It is really great to have access to someone with your knowledge and who is willing to share it and help others!

I am looking for feedback on my current workout routine and diet. I have been working out for ~3 years and watching my diet closely for ~1.5 years. I have not been progressing the way I would like and getting a little demotivated. Currently I am on a mini-cut to get my abs showing (wife likes abs).

- Age = 45
    - Height = 6ft
    - Weigh = 170lbs
    - Sleep an average of 7 hours a night
    - Long Term Target = Maximize muscle gain and minimize fat gain. Or I want to see size and strength increase but want to stay below 15% bf.
    - Near Term Target = Wife wants me to get a six pack.

Diet
    - Consists almost solely of chicken, brown rice, eggs, almonds, broc****, spinach, steak (once a week), fish, sushi, potatos
    - 90% of the Carbs are consumed by lunch.
    - Recently began cycling carbs (Day 1 Carbs = 50, Day 2 = 100, Day 3 = 150 , Day 5 = 50, Day 6 = 100, ..etc)
    - Cheat meals maybe one a week (usually unplanned and occur because of business)
    - my maintenance is ~2400 calories (I am ~500 beow during my cut).
    - Macros (typical profile I keep to and tracked via myfittnesspal).
    Protien = 220
    Carbs = 140
    Fat = 60
    Cal = 1980

Exercise
    - Weights - 5-6 Times a Week (from 1-1.5 hrs)
    - Cardio = 0
    - Get to the gym 4:00 to 5:00 am in the morning. Easiest time to fit it in with family and work commitments
    - Work out in a fasted state (typically just one serving of aminos and a cup of coffee)
    - typically try to mix it up every few weeks(with different exercises, drop sets, burn outs, varying the weight and reps, or varying the style (slow and explode …etc)

Day 1 = Chest
    Chest Bench Flat 5 x 6-10 reps
    Inclined Bench (45 degree) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dips 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Inclined Bench (30 degree) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Low Cable Chest Fly 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbell Inclined (10o) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Fly (Machine or Dumbell) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Cable Pulls (hole #25) Optional (time permits)
    Declined Bench (30 degree) Optional (time permits)

Day 2 = Triceps and Biceps
    Triceps Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    One Hand Pulls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Triceps Pushdown - V-Bar Attachment 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Skull Crushers Optional (time permits)
    Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Optional (time permits)
    Biceps EZ Bar Curls (close grip) 5 x 6-10 reps
    EZ Bar Curls (wide grip) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell Curls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Preacher Curls Optional (time permits)
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls Optional (time permits)
    One Hand Cable Pulls Optional (time permits)

Day 3 = Back & Stomach
    Back Rows Machine 5 x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Wide Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Med Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Close Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Chin Ups - Wide Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Chin Ups - Med Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Chin Ups - Clsoe Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Straight Arms Optional (time permits)
    Seated Close Grip Row Optional (time permits)
    Rows - 1 Hand Optional (time permits)
    Stomach Inclined Sit-ups 5 sets
    Ab Roller 5 sets
    Leg Lifts 3 sets
    Sit-ups / Scissors 3 sets

Day 4 = Shoulders and Legs
    Shoulder Dumbbells - Side Laterals 5 x 6-10 reps
    Military Press 5 x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbells - Front Laterals
    Reverse Pec Dec 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Cable Pulls - Side Laterals
    Internal Rotation with Cable 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    External Rotation with Cable 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbells - Overhead Optional
    Barbell - Overhead Optional
    Legs Smith Machine Squat 5 sets x 6-10 reps
    Lying Leg Curls 3 sets x 5 reps
    Donkey Kick 3 sets x 5 reps
    Calf 3 sets x 5 reps
    Leg Extension 5 sets x 6-10 reps

Day 5 = Rest

Day 6 = Rest or Repeat Day 1 (usually repeat Day 1)
    Attached Images

ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZacK1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OK lets get this party started...

So right now I am training with a 4-1 split with 4 being the days working out and then followed by a day off I am 15 weeks out from my show and im at 189lbs.
    Cardio has been 30 min after workouts on either the StairMaster or treadmill.
    Diet has been right around 230p/150c/60c

I hate these photo's cause i look a lot fatter then I feel, but what ever!
    ** Infinite Labs Sponsored Athlete **
    ** NASM Certified Personal Trainer **
    ** NPC National Competitor **

Follow me on Facebook:
    Zack Kresser - Infinite Labs Elite Athlete
    *****://www.facebook.com/pages/Zack-Kresser-Infinite-Labs-Elite-Athlete/463672910374937

"It ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"- Rocky

teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by billlybob View Post
    Thank you for your time to provide feedback. It is really great to have access to someone with your knowledge and who is willing to share it and help others!

I am looking for feedback on my current workout routine and diet. I have been working out for ~3 years and watching my diet closely for ~1.5 years. I have not been progressing the way I would like and getting a little demotivated. Currently I am on a mini-cut to get my abs showing (wife likes abs).

- Age = 45
    - Height = 6ft
    - Weigh = 170lbs
    - Sleep an average of 7 hours a night
    - Long Term Target = Maximize muscle gain and minimize fat gain. Or I want to see size and strength increase but want to stay below 15% bf.
    - Near Term Target = Wife wants me to get a six pack.

Diet
    - Consists almost solely of chicken, brown rice, eggs, almonds, broc****, spinach, steak (once a week), fish, sushi, potatos
    - 90% of the Carbs are consumed by lunch.
    - Recently began cycling carbs (Day 1 Carbs = 50, Day 2 = 100, Day 3 = 150 , Day 5 = 50, Day 6 = 100, ..etc)
    - Cheat meals maybe one a week (usually unplanned and occur because of business)
    - my maintenance is ~2400 calories (I am ~500 beow during my cut).
    - Macros (typical profile I keep to and tracked via myfittnesspal).
    Protien = 220
    Carbs = 140
    Fat = 60
    Cal = 1980

Exercise
    - Weights - 5-6 Times a Week (from 1-1.5 hrs)
    - Cardio = 0
    - Get to the gym 4:00 to 5:00 am in the morning. Easiest time to fit it in with family and work commitments
    - Work out in a fasted state (typically just one serving of aminos and a cup of coffee)
    - typically try to mix it up every few weeks(with different exercises, drop sets, burn outs, varying the weight and reps, or varying the style (slow and explode …etc)

Day 1 = Chest
    Chest Bench Flat 5 x 6-10 reps
    Inclined Bench (45 degree) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dips 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Inclined Bench (30 degree) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Low Cable Chest Fly 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbell Inclined (10o) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Fly (Machine or Dumbell) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Cable Pulls (hole #25) Optional (time permits)
    Declined Bench (30 degree) Optional (time permits)

Day 2 = Triceps and Biceps
    Triceps Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    One Hand Pulls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Triceps Pushdown - V-Bar Attachment 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Skull Crushers Optional (time permits)
    Lying Close-Grip Barbell Triceps Optional (time permits)
    Biceps EZ Bar Curls (close grip) 5 x 6-10 reps
    EZ Bar Curls (wide grip) 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell Curls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Preacher Curls Optional (time permits)
    Dumbbell Preacher Curls Optional (time permits)
    One Hand Cable Pulls Optional (time permits)

Day 3 = Back & Stomach
    Back Rows Machine 5 x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Wide Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Med Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Pull Down - Close Grip 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Chin Ups - Wide Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Chin Ups - Med Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Chin Ups - Clsoe Grip 3 sets x 5 reps
    Straight Arms Optional (time permits)
    Seated Close Grip Row Optional (time permits)
    Rows - 1 Hand Optional (time permits)
    Stomach Inclined Sit-ups 5 sets
    Ab Roller 5 sets
    Leg Lifts 3 sets
    Sit-ups / Scissors 3 sets

Day 4 = Shoulders and Legs
    Shoulder Dumbbells - Side Laterals 5 x 6-10 reps
    Military Press 5 x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbells - Front Laterals
    Reverse Pec Dec 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Cable Pulls - Side Laterals
    Internal Rotation with Cable 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    External Rotation with Cable 3 sets x 6-10 reps
    Dumbbells - Overhead Optional
    Barbell - Overhead Optional
    Legs Smith Machine Squat 5 sets x 6-10 reps
    Lying Leg Curls 3 sets x 5 reps
    Donkey Kick 3 sets x 5 reps
    Calf 3 sets x 5 reps
    Leg Extension 5 sets x 6-10 reps

Day 5 = Rest

Day 6 = Rest or Repeat Day 1 (usually repeat Day 1)
    Hi, your regiment is ok, just needs a few adjustments, here are some tips; the idea is to stimulate the muscle fibers, training needs to be consistent and intense with proper form, dont stop at a number but stop when you have fatigued the muscle from the set, feel the muscle work so that your stimulating it, work the muscles into sections, try not to go back and fourth such as example; when working shoulders, stick to a section or a muscle group at a time, dont go from front deltoids to rear then go back to the front part of the deltoids, if yo start with the front deltoids, finish up with that section then move on to the side or rear....see video....the same goes whit other body parts, an other example is with you work on your legs... you start out with quads(by squatting) then you go to calves then you go back to ham strings,(squatting will effect part of your hams also) work that specific area then move on to an other section...keep changing this up like you are with the type of training styles... Make sure your calories coming from mostly healthy/nutritional protein sources, keep in mind that the most important time about carbs/protein in take is before and after weight training.....* Now.... things you need to add in; add an other *20 grams of protein, keep the carbs the same, *AND start out doing a half hr of cardio 5 days a week at your convenient time(slow impact first, then if you like, add intervals for the half hour), After about 3 to 4 weeks, we will adjust your cardio accordingly to your specific goal(or should i say, your wife specific goal that she wants you at...lol.., believe me, by making a woman happy, she will make you will be happier,)....start with these changes, then check back with me with some photos and feed back....train safe, train smart

see video with working the muscle in sections..

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro

* Join my face book fan page, its filled training/dieting/nutritional tips, advice, news, facts and prizes, ...
    http://www.facebook.com/JoeSwatPalumbo
    www.infinitelabs.com

Originally Posted by ZacK1313 View Post
    OK lets get this party started...

So right now I am training with a 4-1 split with 4 being the days working out and then followed by a day off I am 15 weeks out from my show and im at 189lbs.
    Cardio has been 30 min after workouts on either the StairMaster or treadmill.
    Diet has been right around 230p/150c/60c

I hate these photo's cause i look a lot fatter then I feel, but what ever!
    Hi Zack, its time to get serious.... 15 weeks is right around the corner... *Increase the cardio up to an 1hr, (do the half hour of cardio after weight training), add an other half some where else...*NO CHEAT MEALS!!!!...Cheat meals are to be used only for when your body has reached a specific dry look, using cheat meal for any other reason is a person that is not ready to win or a weak minded person that does not want to train hard.. or unless he or she is doing Physique or bikini, (they are not required to achieve the shredded/conditioned/symmetrical look)....also, your lats need to be enhanced, include pull up and isolate the lats from the back movements... see video on isolating the lats with specific exercises to enhance that area......get back to me in 2 weeks with only 2 photos/results, as always when taking progress photos, use same lighting, area and spot, front double bicep and back double bicep shot should be enough,,, i need to see how fast your body responds....train safe, train smart...
    try to make some road trips to the EAST COAST mecca, for some ass kicking training lesson....no mercy this time...no prisoners...numero uno only...

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    Last edited by teamsw; 03-15-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    www.infinitelabs.com

melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10)

10 Weeks Out to Jay Cutler Classic Boston

Hi Joe,
    I am 10 weeks out to the Jay Cutler Classic, Boston, I will be competing in Women's Physique. I am starting my cutting tomorrow and would like to reach out to you for guidance.

For the past 11 weeks I have been following a weights/cardio/nutrition plan for building. The program had me lifting 4 days/week, fasted a.m. cardio (30 minutes) 5 days a week, and a second steady state cardio session (55 minutes) on two non-lifting days. My daily nutrition has been 1700 calories, 184g protein, 140g carbs, 50g fat.

I would appreciate your guidance on how to adjust my nutrition and cardio and any feedback on the training plan that I will be starting tomorrow.

Here is the plan (featured on bodybuilding.com by Toni West IFBB Pro Women's Physique):

MONDAY: Biceps, Triceps, Abs, Calves
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl Off Of Preacher Bench: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    Dumbbell Kickbacks: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    Isolation Curl Machine: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Dips: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Machine One Arm Cable Curls: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Machine One Arm Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Double Arm Curls: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Rope Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Calf Raise On Smith Machine: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Hanging Leg Raise: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Decline Abs: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Weighted Abs Machine: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps

TUESDAY: Chest, Core
    Chest Press Machine: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps Incline Dumbbell Press
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
    Pushups Feet On Bench: 4 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Cable Crossovers: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pec Deck Flyes: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Woodchopper: 2 Sets 20 Reps Each Side
    Plank: 3 Sets Of 60 Seconds Or More

WEDNESDAY: Legs, Quads
    Squats: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Smith Machine Deep Squats: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Leg Extension: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
    Leg Press: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps

THURSDAY: Back, Abs
    Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Lat Pulldowns V-Bar/Neutral Grip: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Superset:
    Standing Swimmer Pulldowns: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Lat Pulldowns: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Seated Row: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    T-Bar Row: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Standing High Rope Pull: 4 Sets Of 30 Reps
    One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps

FRIDAY: Shoulders, Calves, Abs
    Front Raises: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Side Raise: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Outward Rotation: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Straight Bar Upright Row Wide Grip: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Arnold Press: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Reverse Flyes: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Roman Chair Straight Leg: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Hyperextensions: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Decline Bench Sit Ups: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    V-Ups: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps

SATURDAY: Hamstring/Glutes
    Barbell Lunges: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Dumbbell Step Ups To A Bench: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Dumbbell Lunges: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Glute Kickback: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps Each Leg
    Single Leg Hamstring Curl Machine: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps Each Leg
    Hack Squat: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Dumbbell Plie Squats: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Pulley Kickbacks, Attached To Ankle: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
    Weighted Butt/Glute Bridge Raise: 3 Sets To Failure

I just took these pics this morning...10 weeks out...

"Achieving your goals, starts with your thoughts, ends with your actions." ~ Team Bring It

BODYSPACE
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/melalicious/

INFINITE LABS ELITE ATHLETE JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159133031

JUGGERNAUT IN THE MAKING 2012 JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147847543

FACEBOOK
    http://www.facebook.com/MarylynMiners

TWITTER
    http://www.twitter.com/marylynminers

INSTAGRAM
    http://instagram.com/marylyn_miners

Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Joe, I've read through a lot of your earlier posts and wanted to get your opinion on my diet and routine.

I'm in the military and started a serious work towards a better me in June 2013 while I was deployed. It wasn't until about January 2014 when I started a diet found on this site. That month I started Jim Stoppani's "shortcut to size" 12-week and my nutrition has been as follows:

My stats in January:
    6'4" tall, 215 lbs., 17% BF
    Workout days: ~4000 calories, 125g fat, 500g carbs, 320g protein
    Non-workout days: ~3800 calories, 80g fat, 325g carbs, 320g protein

I also just recently used a TDEE calculator and using my stats above, it said my TDEE is 3045 calories. I feel like I'm eating enough, but the scale doesn't agree. Before each workout I hit the treadmill for about 10 minutes as a maintenance/warm-up, otherwise I've stuck to the 12-week I mentioned above. There's A LOT of data for nutrition on this site and hopefully you might have some better insight for me to read and work on?

Thanks Joe, Dan Maz

kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kconnell is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by teamsw View Post
    Hi Zack, its time to get serious.... 15 weeks is right around the corner... *Increase the cardio up to an 1hr, (do the half hour of cardio after weight training), add an other half some where else...*NO CHEAT MEALS!!!!...Cheat meals are to be used only for when your body has reached a specific dry look, using cheat meal for any other reason is a person that is not ready to win or a weak minded person that does not want to train hard.. or unless he or she is doing Physique or bikini, (they are not required to achieve the shredded/conditioned/symmetrical look)....also, your lats need to be enhanced, include pull up and isolate the lats from the back movements... see video on isolating the lats with specific exercises to enhance that area......get back to me in 2 weeks with only 2 photos/results, as always when taking progress photos, use same lighting, area and spot, front double bicep and back double bicep shot should be enough,,, i need to see how fast your body responds....train safe, train smart...
    try to make some road trips to the EAST COAST mecca, for some ass kicking training lesson....no mercy this time...no prisoners...numero uno only...

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    Great tip!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    [][][]---ProMera Sports Rep---[][][]

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/380542151986871/

Originally Posted by Mazmaniac View Post
    Hey Joe, I've read through a lot of your earlier posts and wanted to get your opinion on my diet and routine.

I'm in the military and started a serious work towards a better me in June 2013 while I was deployed. It wasn't until about January 2014 when I started a diet found on this site. That month I started Jim Stoppani's "shortcut to size" 12-week and my nutrition has been as follows:

My stats in January:
    6'4" tall, 215 lbs., 17% BF
    Workout days: ~4000 calories, 125g fat, 500g carbs, 320g protein
    Non-workout days: ~3800 calories, 80g fat, 325g carbs, 320g protein

I also just recently used a TDEE calculator and using my stats above, it said my TDEE is 3045 calories. I feel like I'm eating enough, but the scale doesn't agree. Before each workout I hit the treadmill for about 10 minutes as a maintenance/warm-up, otherwise I've stuck to the 12-week I mentioned above. There's A LOT of data for nutrition on this site and hopefully you might have some better insight for me to read and work on?

Thanks Joe, Dan Maz
    Hi Dan, gaining lean muscles comes down to eating the right amount of macros with the *appropriate/*customized training regiment that is designed to stimulate muscle fibers,..... following a book( in this case Jim Stoppani's "shortcut to size,) or a TDEE calculator they are all a guide with limited results, if it was that easy then every one would all follow a book and every one would all be champion, a few things to reevaluate,1) your body might have adapted to the stress load from that regiment,2) recheck your training to see if your putting enough stress on to stimulating the muscle fibers, and if you are then your not supplying enough nutrients at the appropriate time to regenerate/rebuild...bottom line is;you need to train for your specific needs and eat enough food/nutrients to pack on the muscles...*There is not secret; How you train and feeding your self the right amount of nutrients with adequate sleep are the key to generating muscle growth, keep it simple, in this day and age, there is a lot of crap information out there from " the so called guru's that confuse the hell out of people...
    If you want, write down when you train, what your eating for protein/carbs, how many meals per day and what are you eating for pre and post work out....

Talk to you soon..
    '
    * Join my face book fan page, its filled training/dieting/nutritional tips, advice, news, facts and prizes, ...
    www.infinitelabs.com

Originally Posted by melalicious View Post
    Hi Joe,
    I am 10 weeks out to the Jay Cutler Classic, Boston, I will be competing in Women's Physique. I am starting my cutting tomorrow and would like to reach out to you for guidance.

For the past 11 weeks I have been following a weights/cardio/nutrition plan for building. The program had me lifting 4 days/week, fasted a.m. cardio (30 minutes) 5 days a week, and a second steady state cardio session (55 minutes) on two non-lifting days. My daily nutrition has been 1700 calories, 184g protein, 140g carbs, 50g fat.

I would appreciate your guidance on how to adjust my nutrition and cardio and any feedback on the training plan that I will be starting tomorrow.

Here is the plan (featured on bodybuilding.com by Toni West IFBB Pro Women's Physique):

Dumbbell Hammer Curl Off Of Preacher Bench: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    Dumbbell Kickbacks: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    Isolation Curl Machine: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Dips: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Machine One Arm Cable Curls: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Machine One Arm Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pulley Double Arm Curls: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps

TUESDAY: Chest, Core
    Chest Press Machine: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps Incline Dumbbell Press
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
    Pushups Feet On Bench: 4 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Cable Crossovers: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Pec Deck Flyes: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    Woodchopper: 2 Sets 20 Reps Each Side
    Plank: 3 Sets Of 60 Seconds Or More

WEDNESDAY: Legs, Quads
    Squats: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Smith Machine Deep Squats: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Leg Extension: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
    Leg Press: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps

THURSDAY: Back, Abs
    Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Lat Pulldowns V-Bar/Neutral Grip: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Superset:
    Standing Swimmer Pulldowns: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Lat Pulldowns: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Seated Row: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    T-Bar Row: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Standing High Rope Pull: 4 Sets Of 30 Reps
    One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps

FRIDAY: Shoulders, Calves, Abs
    Front Raises: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Side Raise: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Outward Rotation: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Straight Bar Upright Row Wide Grip: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Arnold Press: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Reverse Flyes: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
    Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Roman Chair Straight Leg: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Hyperextensions: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    Decline Bench Sit Ups: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps
    V-Ups: 3 Sets Of 30 Reps

SATURDAY: Hamstring/Glutes
    Barbell Lunges: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Dumbbell Step Ups To A Bench: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Dumbbell Lunges: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps Each Leg
    Glute Kickback: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps Each Leg
    Single Leg Hamstring Curl Machine: 5 Sets Of 20 Reps Each Leg
    Hack Squat: 5 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Dumbbell Plie Squats: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
    Pulley Kickbacks, Attached To Ankle: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
    Weighted Butt/Glute Bridge Raise: 3 Sets To Failure

I just took these pics this morning...10 weeks out...

Hi Marylyn, your first mistake is that your following someone else training/nutritional regiment, the one think that i always preach is that; success comes down to eating the right amount of macros with the *appropriate/*customized training regiment that is designed for your specific needs..... following a book or someone else regiment can be used as a guide but it will be limited to achieving your results, if it was that easy then every one would follow a book and every one would be a champion, a few things to reevaluate, your training goes back and forth, your not putting adequate stress to create changes and certain muscle areas need to be enhanced for that symmetrical look, your over training on others....your nutrition intake and cardio needs adjusting.....there is a lot to talk about and time is running out, call me so that i can go over it with you all in one shot and get you started right away....
    Last edited by teamsw; 03-19-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    www.infinitelabs.com

melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) melalicious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Marylyn, your first mistake is that your following someone else training/nutritional regiment, the one think that i always preach is that; success comes down to eating the right amount of macros with the *appropriate/*customized training regiment that is designed for your specific needs..... following a book or someone else regiment can be used as a guide but it will be limited to achieving your results, if it was that easy then every one would follow a book and every one would be a champion, a few things to reevaluate, your training goes back and forth, your not putting adequate stress to create changes and certain muscle areas need to be enhanced for that symmetrical look, your over training on others....your nutrition intake and cardio needs adjusting.....there is a lot to talk about and time is running out, call me so that i can go over it with you all in one shot and get you started right away....
    Hi Joe, I am not following the nutritional plan of somebody else, only the training plan, and the training plan that I found is specific to my goals. I sent to you the nutrition plan that I was starting to follow this week, to work with the training plan that I mentioned above, and both specific to my goals. The nutrition plan is based on previous comp prep, specific to me and my goals. And that is why I posted here, my question to you was asking for your feedback on that, and guidance on how to adjust my nutrition and cardio each week. My training has not gone back and forth. For the past 11 weeks I was following a specific plan (training, cardio and nutrition) that was designed specifically for me, for gains and improvements, and now I am changing to a new plan to cut for comp prep. Thanks for replying.
    Last edited by melalicious; 03-20-2014 at 04:07 AM.
    "Achieving your goals, starts with your thoughts, ends with your actions." ~ Team Bring It

BODYSPACE
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/melalicious/

INFINITE LABS ELITE ATHLETE JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159133031

JUGGERNAUT IN THE MAKING 2012 JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147847543

FACEBOOK
    http://www.facebook.com/MarylynMiners

TWITTER
    http://www.twitter.com/marylynminers

INSTAGRAM
    http://instagram.com/marylyn_miners

Originally Posted by melalicious View Post
    Hi Joe, I am not following the nutritional plan of somebody else, only the training plan, and the training plan that I found is specific to my goals. I sent to you the nutrition plan that I was starting to follow this week, to work with the training plan that I mentioned above, and both specific to my goals. The nutrition plan is based on previous comp prep, specific to me and my goals. And that is why I posted here, my question to you was asking for your feedback on that, and guidance on how to adjust my nutrition and cardio each week. My training has not gone back and forth. For the past 11 weeks I was following a specific plan (training, cardio and nutrition) that was designed specifically for me, for gains and improvements, and now I am changing to a new plan to cut for comp prep. Thanks for replying.
    Hi Marylyn, i think i misunderstood you, .. Sorry..... here is what i was trying to explain about back and forth and doing too many sets on certain muscle groups...
    If im reading this correctly;
    * (forearm muscle)= Dumbbell Hammer Curl Off Of Preacher Bench: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    * (triceps muscle)= Dumbbell Kickbacks: 4 Sets Of 12-15 Reps
    * ( biceps muscle)= Isolation Curl Machine: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    * (back to triceps)= Dips: 3 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    * (back to biceps)= Pulley Machine One Arm Cable Curls: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    * ( biceps; depending on how your body is positioned)= Pulley Machine One Arm Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
    * (biceps)= Pulley Double Arm Curls: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps

The same goes with shoulders..... if your looking to maximize your full muscle fibers benefits and to enhance your specific shape and body type , you need to shape and create the best body that you can bring and for what the Judges are looking for in physique, by working one muscle area at a time, you will be able to fatigue/stimulate muscle fibers to the fullest before going into an other muscle group area....Anyway, just trying to help, if i can help you with anything, im here for what ever you need....Good Luck see you soon
    Last edited by teamsw; 03-20-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    www.infinitelabs.com

jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro

Hi Joe, cool video, i just tried those for my lats last week, man im still sore, you are the man, i really appreciate you taking time out to actually customize training and nutritional regiment, i made lots of improvements on training the specific areas that needed to enhance the muscle ares, there's lot of trainers out there that have no clue about getting specific results to perfect your body, lol, i laugh at some of these people that pay a lot of money for little results, just wanted to thank you again, any chance on some new photos and training video in the works.

James

Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mazmaniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Joe,
    Thank you for the reply! I'll put my nutrition/training routine for your review below. I've been consistent with the schedule for about 2.5 months now.

Nutrition:
    4:15 am -- Wakeup

1. 4:30 am -- Pre-workout meal
    --35g blended protein mix w/ 14 fl oz. 2% milk
    -- 1 scoop pre-jym pre workout mix w/ 12 fl oz water

2. 5:15-6:45am -- Workout (routine shown below)
    -- 1 scoop BB.com BCAAs w/ water throughout workout ... Usually add water when half gone to refill water.

3. 7:00 am -- Postworkout meal
    -- 35g blended protein mix w/ 14 fl oz 2% milk
    -- 2 scoops Con-cret creatine
    -- 70g of fast carbs here

4. 9:30 am -- Breakfast 1
    -- 3 whole large eggs
    -- 3 egg whites
    -- 1 tablespoon olive oil
    -- 1 serving shredded cheese
    -- 2 slices whole grain wheat toast
    -- Multivitamin

5. 11:00 am -- Breakfast 2
    -- 1 cup oatmeal
    -- 4 fl oz 2% milk
    -- protein bar (20g protein)

6. 12:30 pm -- Lunch 1
    -- 2x 4 oz chicken breast OR salmon filet
    -- 1.5 cups (cooked) white rice

7. 2:30 pm -- Lunch 2

8. 5:00 pm -- Dinner
    -- Whatever my wife prepares, but I've measured her portions to be between 50-75g protein, ~75-100g carbs, 10-20g fat depending on the meal...

9. 7:30 pm -- Snack
    -- 1 cup cottage cheese
    -- 1 large apple

10. 10:00 -- Before bed

The following workout routine I've been using has a revolving number of reps per week in a month. Week 1 = 12-15 reps, Week 2 = 9-11 reps, Week 3 = 6-8 reps, Week 4 = 3-5 reps. Each week the weight goes up so that I reach failure somewhere within those ranges. I've been doing this for 2.5 months and below I'll spell out the types and sets used on days.

Monday - Chest/Triceps
    1. Flat Barbell Bench - 4 sets
    2. Incline dumbell press - 3 sets
    3. Incline dumbell flyes - 3 sets
    4. Cable crossover - 3 sets
    5. Tricep cable push down - 4 sets
    6. One-handed upright cable extensions - 3 sets
    7. Close-grip barbell press - 3 sets

Tuesday - Back/Biceps
    1. Two-handed bent over dumbell row - 4 sets
    2. Lat pull down - 3 sets
    3. Straight-arm Lat pull down - 3 sets
    4. Seated cable rows - 3 sets
    5. Barbell curls - 4 sets
    6. Incline dumbell curls - 3 sets
    7. Preacher curls - 3 sets

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - Shoulders/Traps
    1. Dumbell shoulder press - 4 sets
    2. Side lateral raise (DB) - 3 sets
    3. Upright barbell rows - 3 sets
    4. Bent over rear-delt (DB) - 3 sets
    5. Barbell shrugs - 4 sets

Friday - Legs
    1. Barbell Squats - 4 sets
    2. Leg press - 3 sets
    3. Leg extensions - 3 sets
    4. Deadlift - 4 sets
    5. Hamstring curls - 3 sets

Saturday/Sunday - Rest

The only additional thing I add is that I run on the treadmill prior to each lift day for 1.5 miles which is usually around 13 minutes. I also work on Abs at home each night before bed. Thanks again Joe! I look forward to any and all advice. I have a gret desire to advance in this sport! -Dan Maz

Originally Posted by jamesw46 View Post
    Hi Joe, cool video, i just tried those for my lats last week, man im still sore, you are the man, i really appreciate you taking time out to actually customize training and nutritional regiment, i made lots of improvements on training the specific areas that needed to enhance the muscle ares, there's lot of trainers out there that have no clue about getting specific results to perfect your body, lol, i laugh at some of these people that pay a lot of money for little results, just wanted to thank you again, any chance on some new photos and training video in the works.

James

Hi James, thank you,....New photos/videos, I will be working on then soon, probably this summer...lol...
    talk to you soon.

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    www.infinitelabs.com

jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sorry if it's been asked, I'm putting in another order for Juggernaut and BB has the half price Dagger offer. can these be stacked? too much caffeine?

Joe,
    Thank you for the reply! I'll put my nutrition/training routine for your review below. I've been consistent with the schedule for about 2.5 months now.

Nutrition:
    4:15 am -- Wakeup

1. 4:30 am -- Pre-workout meal
    --35g blended protein mix w/ 14 fl oz. 2% milk
    -- 1 scoop pre-jym pre workout mix w/ 12 fl oz water

2. 5:15-6:45am -- Workout (routine shown below)
    -- 1 scoop BB.com BCAAs w/ water throughout workout ... Usually add water when half gone to refill water.

3. 7:00 am -- Postworkout meal
    -- 2 scoops Con-cret creatine
    -- 70g of fast carbs here

4. 9:30 am -- Breakfast 1
    -- 3 whole large eggs
    -- 3 egg whites
    -- 1 tablespoon olive oil
    -- 1 serving shredded cheese
    -- 2 slices whole grain wheat toast
    -- Multivitamin

5. 11:00 am -- Breakfast 2
    -- 1 cup oatmeal
    -- 4 fl oz 2% milk
    -- protein bar (20g protein)

6. 12:30 pm -- Lunch 1

7. 2:30 pm -- Lunch 2

8. 5:00 pm -- Dinner
    -- Whatever my wife prepares, but I've measured her portions to be between 50-75g protein, ~75-100g carbs, 10-20g fat depending on the meal...

9. 7:30 pm -- Snack
    -- 1 cup cottage cheese
    -- 1 large apple

10. 10:00 -- Before bed

The following workout routine I've been using has a revolving number of reps per week in a month. Week 1 = 12-15 reps, Week 2 = 9-11 reps, Week 3 = 6-8 reps, Week 4 = 3-5 reps. Each week the weight goes up so that I reach failure somewhere within those ranges. I've been doing this for 2.5 months and below I'll spell out the types and sets used on days.

Monday - Chest/Triceps
    1. Flat Barbell Bench - 4 sets
    2. Incline dumbell press - 3 sets
    3. Incline dumbell flyes - 3 sets
    4. Cable crossover - 3 sets
    5. Tricep cable push down - 4 sets
    6. One-handed upright cable extensions - 3 sets
    7. Close-grip barbell press - 3 sets

Tuesday - Back/Biceps
    1. Two-handed bent over dumbell row - 4 sets
    2. Lat pull down - 3 sets
    3. Straight-arm Lat pull down - 3 sets
    4. Seated cable rows - 3 sets
    5. Barbell curls - 4 sets
    6. Incline dumbell curls - 3 sets
    7. Preacher curls - 3 sets

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - Shoulders/Traps
    1. Dumbell shoulder press - 4 sets
    2. Side lateral raise (DB) - 3 sets
    3. Upright barbell rows - 3 sets
    4. Bent over rear-delt (DB) - 3 sets
    5. Barbell shrugs - 4 sets

Friday - Legs
    1. Barbell Squats - 4 sets
    2. Leg press - 3 sets
    3. Leg extensions - 3 sets
    4. Deadlift - 4 sets
    5. Hamstring curls - 3 sets

Saturday/Sunday - Rest

The only additional thing I add is that I run on the treadmill prior to each lift day for 1.5 miles which is usually around 13 minutes. I also work on Abs at home each night before bed. Thanks again Joe! I look forward to any and all advice. I have a gret desire to advance in this sport! -Dan Maz
    Hi Dan, it looks ok, i would just tweak it a little,a few examples; cut back on some of the milk and cheese, eat more white of the eggs,(making it 7 whites and one whole egg) utilize only one yolk at a session(one yolk will have enough enzymes in it to help you digest the protein in the eggs., utilize most of your carbs when needed the most; example;for pre and post workout time, if your not eating slow burning carbs such as oat meal for pre, then your not getting the body to work at its best, your also eating carbs late in to the night such as white rice and fruits, replace them with vegetable/salad....Again; keep most of your carbs before and after training, use the appropriate carbs for the appropriate times. do not eat any type of carbs at night time/before bed... about running;if your looking to gain more muscle,Running is a high impact cardio, too much of it will create muscle fiber break down, stick with low impact cardio such as walking and so on so that you can maintain as much muscle as possible, abs can basically be worked any time, work them just as you would like any other body part,....Getting the most out of your goal comes down to stimulating the muscle fibers and supplying them with the appropriate amount of nutrients for rebuilding process, when training; remember this; its quality that counts not quantity,.....Also,For building and putting on more quality muscle, i would lower your fats a little, keep my carbs down to 200 to 250(mostly used for pre and post) and increase your protein intake an other 40 grams...
    Questions; what is? "- 1 scoop pre-jym pre workout mix " ....
    Where are your pre-work out carbs? If you are having the pre -work out carbs, how many grams?
    Last edited by teamsw; 03-24-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    www.infinitelabs.com

Originally Posted by jpik View Post
    sorry if it's been asked, I'm putting in another order for Juggernaut and BB has the half price Dagger offer. can these be stacked? too much caffeine?
    Hi, most athletes prefer them separate because they share some of the ingredients but yes they can be stacked( unless your very/very sensitive to caffeine),....I find it do most effective when i cycle them, example; ill do 6 to 8 weeks of Dagger then stop for about 10 days and then i switch to juggernaut HP for 6 TO 8 weeks.....i get the best and the most out of the products on a consistent base.......

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    www.infinitelabs.com

jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Joe, need some motivation training legs, what do you suggest and what do you think of lunges...

Joe,

Thanks for the info!

You wrote:
    Where are your pre-work out carbs? If you are having the pre -work out carbs, how many grams?

To answer the above, the pre-workout I use is named "Pre-Jym."

Here's the label for it:
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (26.5g)
    Creatine Hydrochloride 2 g
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine 2 g
    Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 1.5 g
    Taurine 1 g
    N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 600 mg
    Choline 150 mg
    Citrulline Malate 6 g
    Beta vulgaris L. (beet extract) 500 mg
    L-Leucine 3 g
    L-Isoleucine 1.5 g
    L-Valine 1.5 g
    L-Tyrosine 1.5 g
    Caffeine Anhydrous 300 mg
    Huperzine A 50 mcg

For the second question about my pre-workout carbs...

Since I wake-up so early and get going to the gym within an hour, eating oatmeal or something big used to make me feel bloated and less energetic during my workout. For about a week now I've been taking one scoop of a mass gainer shake pre- and post-workout. Usually ~35 G protein and ~100 g carbs. I keep myself to strictly 3 shakes a day maximum and focus on whole foods throughout the day.

-Dan Maz

Originally Posted by jamesw46 View Post
    Hi Joe, need some motivation training legs, what do you suggest and what do you think of lunges...
    Hi James, try this....start out slow, know your limitation...train safe

www.infinitelabs.com

Joe,

Thanks for the info!

You wrote:

To answer the above, the pre-workout I use is named "Pre-Jym."

Here's the label for it:
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (26.5g)
    Creatine Hydrochloride 2 g
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine 2 g
    Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 1.5 g
    Taurine 1 g
    N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 600 mg
    Choline 150 mg
    Citrulline Malate 6 g
    Beta vulgaris L. (beet extract) 500 mg
    L-Leucine 3 g
    L-Isoleucine 1.5 g
    L-Valine 1.5 g
    L-Tyrosine 1.5 g
    Caffeine Anhydrous 300 mg
    Huperzine A 50 mcg

For the second question about my pre-workout carbs...

Since I wake-up so early and get going to the gym within an hour, eating oatmeal or something big used to make me feel bloated and less energetic during my workout. For about a week now I've been taking one scoop of a mass gainer shake pre- and post-workout. Usually ~35 G protein and ~100 g carbs. I keep myself to strictly 3 shakes a day maximum and focus on whole foods throughout the day.

-Dan Maz
    Hi Dan, try to stick with 2 shakes a day instead of 3, food is a little better unless its a post work out drink, let me know how the changes come along in 2 to 3 week time...train safe, talk to you soon
    www.infinitelabs.com

Figure Athlete/Juggernaut lilmzchief's Avatar
    lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Joe,

I'm wondering if you can please help me out? I'd love to get prepped for a show in June. However, I need some guidance regarding to how to get leaner and shape my muscles to get stage-ready. Shed off the fat on top and be lean mean machine to get back in being stage-ready and compete in figure.

Here's what I currently look like now:

As you can see there's much to do for the next upcoming weeks.

Here's my current daily macros:
    Carbs: 120g
    Protein: 150g
    Fats: 96g

--------------------------------------

Currently at this time, my supplement stack includes:
    Infinite Labs 100% Isolate Whey
    Infinite Final Cutz
    Infinite Force
    Juggernaut HP Orange
    Infinite's Women's Multi

---------------------------------------

Here's my current stats:
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 132lbs

I've been doing cardio 3-4x a week at 30-45 mins. 2x a month I try joining in bootcamps which has a lot of calisthenics and plyos.
    Here's what my current strength training split looks like:
    Day 1 - Back
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3- Rest
    Day 4 - Chest
    Day 5 - Shoulders
    Day 6 - Arms
    Day 7 - Rest

Looking forward to working on whatever you tell me to do and super excited to get my transformation in.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Jan
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lilmzchief; 04-02-2014 at 07:03 AM.
    "Just Do IT" - Nike

Follow me in my Juggernaut® Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143111123&=847625543#post847625543

Bodyspace Account: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/lilmzchief/

FB: http://www.facebook.com/lilmzchief

Originally Posted by lilmzchief View Post
    Hey Joe,

I'm wondering if you can please help me out? I'd love to get prepped for a show in June. However, I need some guidance regarding to how to get leaner and shape my muscles to get stage-ready. Shed off the fat on top and be lean mean machine to get back in being stage-ready and compete in figure.

Here's what I currently look like now:

As you can see there's much to do for the next upcoming weeks.

Here's my current daily macros:
    Carbs: 120g
    Protein: 150g
    Fats: 96g

--------------------------------------

Currently at this time, my supplement stack includes:
    Infinite Labs 100% Isolate Whey
    Infinite Final Cutz
    Infinite Force
    Juggernaut HP Orange
    Infinite's Women's Multi

Here's my current stats:
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 132lbs

I've been doing cardio 3-4x a week at 30-45 mins. 2x a month I try joining in bootcamps which has a lot of calisthenics and plyos.
    Here's what my current strength training split looks like:
    Day 1 - Back
    Day 2 - Legs
    Day 3- Rest
    Day 4 - Chest
    Day 5 - Shoulders
    Day 6 - Arms
    Day 7 - Rest

Looking forward to working on whatever you tell me to do and super excited to get my transformation in.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Jan
    Hi Jan, lets try this for the next 2 weeks to see how your body responds, we will change/adjust the training/nutrition/food/cardio regiments as you progress, we will need the body to be on a consistent stimulated base to make the necessary changes to accomplish your goal...

First;
    Carbs: 110g
    Protein: 130g
    Fats: as low as possible
    *Eat most of your carbs before and after your weight training( slow burning carbs for pre, and fast burning carbs for post training.... shoot for 50 pre. and 50 post of carbs...include 30 grams of protein pre and post with your cabs... )....no carbs at night time...
    Eat your meal with vegetable/salads(especially at night time)

training; (5 days on, one day off)
    Day 1 - Back/calvs
    Day 2 - Legs(quads and hams)
    Day 3- Chest/abs
    Day 4 - Shoulders
    Day 5 - Arms(bicep, triceps, forearm)
    Day 6 - Rest/abs
    repeat from top....
    NOTE# when training, make sure your form and your breathing is correct, start increasing your intensity, gradually lessen the rest times in between sets, start isolating the muscle groups and pay attention to the muscle connections, make sure you use some type of squat exercise movements and lunges in your leg training regiment....

Cardio;(for now) start out with 35 minutes a day, 6 days a week..... type of cardio preferred; intervals, elliptical, steppers, Jacob ladder, walking on an incline..(no bike)

lets see how your body responds, post some photos in 2 weeks..
    talk to you soon..

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro

www.infinitelabs.com

Figure Athlete/Juggernaut lilmzchief's Avatar
    lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilmzchief will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the feedback Joe. What healthy fats would you suggest I use? I've used nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, coconut oil, and olive oil. What would you suggest?

Hi Jan, lets try this for the next 2 weeks to see how your body responds, we will change/adjust the training/nutrition/food/cardio regiments as you progress, we will need the body to be on a consistent stimulated base to make the necessary changes to accomplish your goal...

First;
    Carbs: 110g
    Protein: 130g
    Fats: as low as possible
    *Eat most of your carbs before and after your weight training( slow burning carbs for pre, and fast burning carbs for post training.... shoot for 50 pre. and 50 post of carbs...include 30 grams of protein pre and post with your cabs... )....no carbs at night time...
    Eat your meal with vegetable/salads(especially at night time)

training; (5 days on, one day off)
    Day 1 - Back/calvs
    Day 2 - Legs(quads and hams)
    Day 3- Chest/abs
    Day 4 - Shoulders
    Day 5 - Arms(bicep, triceps, forearm)
    Day 6 - Rest/abs
    repeat from top....
    NOTE# when training, make sure your form and your breathing is correct, start increasing your intensity, gradually lessen the rest times in between sets, start isolating the muscle groups and pay attention to the muscle connections, make sure you use some type of squat exercise movements and lunges in your leg training regiment....

Cardio;(for now) start out with 35 minutes a day, 6 days a week..... type of cardio preferred; intervals, elliptical, steppers, Jacob ladder, walking on an incline..(no bike)

lets see how your body responds, post some photos in 2 weeks..
    talk to you soon..

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro

"Just Do IT" - Nike

Follow me in my Juggernaut® Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143111123&=847625543#post847625543

Bodyspace Account: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/lilmzchief/

FB: http://www.facebook.com/lilmzchief

Originally Posted by lilmzchief View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Joe. What healthy fats would you suggest I use? I've used nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, coconut oil, and olive oil. What would you suggest?
    They are all good, go with your taste..
    www.infinitelabs.com

JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnButz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Joe what are your thoughts on training periodization for bodybuilders or athletes?
    http://agelessshred.com/
    Get Ripped~Get Strong~Live Healthy~Be Athletic & Youthful At Any Age!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TUWHS04
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015P55XWE

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Joe what are your thoughts on training periodization for bodybuilders or athletes?
    Hi John, its an other type of training methods designed for the individual fitness needs.....but for body building, it will need to be modified for it, if your not stimulating the muscle fibers by applying the right amount of stress on the muscle fibers, the benefits will not meet the bodybuilding needs...remember that bodybuilding is designed to build/shape the muscle to perfection, if your not stimulating, your making progress...use the right type of training methods for the appropriate fitness needs...
    train safe...

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    www.infinitelabs.com

wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheredarocksat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good morning Joe,

Definitely an honor talking to a pro on here and I was just curious if you had any advice/info/tips to help me out, so long story short I was a bit heavier before at my most 233 years ago and from there on hitting the gym diet (not the best) was in the 190-200 range but not in shape. Recently about a year ago I started the paleo diet and dropped down to about 170ish which was awesome to drop fat but now as far as gaining mass I hesitate to eat much cuz I don't wanna get fat again. I basically only gain the fat in the midsection and face lol, what do you suggest I do to tighten the midsection yet get some bulk in the upper body ? I do try and eat plenty of protein at least 8-10oz of meat/chicken/turkey with my meals at least 4 times a day, have eggs in the morning, a shake/protein bar here and there as well, my carbs are fairly low and again cuz I don't wanna get fat(midsection mainly).

Thanks in advance.

billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billlybob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, your regiment is ok, just needs a few adjustments, here are some tips; the idea is to stimulate the muscle fibers, training needs to be consistent and intense with proper form, dont stop at a number but stop when you have fatigued the muscle from the set, feel the muscle work so that your stimulating it, work the muscles into sections, try not to go back and fourth such as example; when working shoulders, stick to a section or a muscle group at a time, dont go from front deltoids to rear then go back to the front part of the deltoids, if yo start with the front deltoids, finish up with that section then move on to the side or rear....see video....the same goes whit other body parts, an other example is with you work on your legs... you start out with quads(by squatting) then you go to calves then you go back to ham strings,(squatting will effect part of your hams also) work that specific area then move on to an other section...keep changing this up like you are with the type of training styles... Make sure your calories coming from mostly healthy/nutritional protein sources, keep in mind that the most important time about carbs/protein in take is before and after weight training.....* Now.... things you need to add in; add an other *20 grams of protein, keep the carbs the same, *AND start out doing a half hr of cardio 5 days a week at your convenient time(slow impact first, then if you like, add intervals for the half hour), After about 3 to 4 weeks, we will adjust your cardio accordingly to your specific goal(or should i say, your wife specific goal that she wants you at...lol.., believe me, by making a woman happy, she will make you will be happier,)....start with these changes, then check back with me with some photos and feed back....train safe, train smart

see video with working the muscle in sections..

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    Thanks again for the advice. I feel great. Per you advice for the last 3-4 weeks:
    1) I added in 30 minutes of cardio (ranging from stair master, row machine, elliptical or some cross fit battle rope) for 5-6 days a week..
    2) I did your hold and squeeze technique and have been getting great pumps
    3) I also followed your recommendation on rep to fatigue and staying with one body part at a time
    4) increased protein by 20 grams.

Attached is a photo from last week (so I was implementing the above changes to my routine for about 3-4 weeks). Abs seem to be coming in! Let me know what other adjustments I should make.
    Attached Images