Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000)

Need help creating a boxing/lifting routine

I'm just finally able to get back into workout out due to an injury, have been doing starting strength for a few weeks just to try to get some of my strength back, and am now trying to incorporate boxing into my routine.

I am trying to bulk up and I realize boxing will make this a longer process, but I really enjoy it and although I'm on the skinny side, I'm pretty out of shape cardio wise so am trying to get my strength up, as well as cardio through boxing.

I've read multiple articles on recommended routines but can't seem to find any that agree with each other.

I'm thinking about doing a 3 day split of lifting on Mon/Wed/Fri and then boxing workouts on Tues/Thurs, however I am not sure which lifting routine to use to mix in with boxing, and I don't know of the best possible boxing workouts that mix in with lifting.

If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or experiences with mixing the two that would be greatly appreciated.
    Hate the Misc with a passion and it's ruined my life but I can't stop coming here every day crew

Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000) Skint214 is just really nice. (+1000)
    And also I'm not trying to get into boxing competitively or anything, just using it as a way to help get in shape.
    Hate the Misc with a passion and it's ruined my life but I can't stop coming here every day crew

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nothing wrong with SS + boxing, fundamentally (and in particular with Power Cleans included, as should be the case), but you do have to know your limits, eat and sleep enough (and well), and listen to your body, at least sometimes. The Nutrition forum might be handy, for starters.

Another option that springs to mind, however, is Westside for Skinny Bastards (WS4SB). You can find the first article here: http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html (and under 'Quick Links', to the right, articles 2 and 3).

Whatever you decide, if there's an opportunity to include or add in chinups and/or pullups, and dips, I'd recommend them (all with weight once you can do, say, 3 sets of 15; then increasing weight 'til you're back there again each time). Barbells are fantastic, and very convenient in a lot of ways, but chins, pullups and dips are also time-honoured and respected, and with good reason. If nothing else, they'll help to improve your other lifts (e.g., dips for bench). But admittedly they are, as a group, a personal bias of mine. No burning need to insist on doing them, I imagine.

musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    Nothing wrong with SS + boxing, fundamentally (and in particular with Power Cleans included, as should be the case), but you do have to know your limits, eat and sleep enough (and well), and listen to your body, at least sometimes. The Nutrition forum might be handy, for starters.

Another option that springs to mind, however, is Westside for Skinny Bastards (WS4SB). You can find the first article here: http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html (and under 'Quick Links', to the right, articles 2 and 3).

Whatever you decide, if there's an opportunity to include or add in chinups and/or pullups, and dips, I'd recommend them (all with weight once you can do, say, 3 sets of 15; then increasing weight 'til you're back there again each time). Barbells are fantastic, and very convenient in a lot of ways, but chins, pullups and dips are also time-honoured and respected, and with good reason. If nothing else, they'll help to improve your other lifts (e.g., dips for bench). But admittedly they are, as a group, a personal bias of mine. No burning need to insist on doing them, I imagine.
    SS would probably lead to overtraining because of all the conditioning involved in boxing then squatting 3x a week even if taking in enough cals. Westside sounds good tho.

Westside and 5/3/1 sound good enough. 5/3/1 may have slow progression but i don't see it that way. With the way one lifts the last set of every exercise for a new PR Every week i believe progress in strength is fast. Progress in the amount of weight added to the bar per workout may seem slow but strength gains can be fast and it would suit the sport of boxing more imo for reasons stated of not squatting 3x weekly.
    Lifetime PR's

Squat 445 w/ wraps (405 raw no wraps)
    Competition Bench 275
    Deadlift 435

Training Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177139451