Registered User angryhornyjimmy's Avatar
    angryhornyjimmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gyms in Doha Qatar

Hello there,

I recently moved to Doha. Can anyone recommend a decent gym that doesn't cost an arm & a leg? The gyms here are the worst I've ever seen and I'm hoping someone can give me the directions to a good gym that will allow me to squat, bench & deadlift heavy.
    Thanks a lot.

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is this camp doha?(military)
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsurdis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    Try golds gym on d-ring I have pilot buddies who lift there.
    630/500/550 - 1680 3/29/15

Training logs @ www.lakevillepowerlifting.com

Originally Posted by nsurdis View Post
    Try golds gym on d-ring I have pilot buddies who lift there.
    Thanks bud, will check it out.

Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    No, just a job in the city centre. I have heard that the military base gym is very good, however it's too far from me & I doubt I would be allowed into it.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You wouldnt be allowed on the base. And Doha is not a cheap place to live. Anything that would attract expats is expensive there.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You wouldnt be allowed on the base. And Doha is not a cheap place to live. Anything that would attract expats is expensive there.
    Yes it seems that not only are the gyms appalling, they're also a rip off and close on the weekends (who the **** closes a gym on the weekend!!!!). Looks like I'm going to have to just buy a barbell, squat rack & plates & hope that I will be allowed put it somewhere in my apartment. I thought that seeing as Qatar had a weightlifting team in the past, surely there must be some facility that caters for weightlifting. If anyone living in Doha has some sort of home gym set-up, knows of one or has any contacts that are interested in powerlifting/weight lifting, please let me know as this place truely sucks.
    Thanks again.

webbycrx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Golds gym is not an actual 'Golds' gym. They call it that because it has a silly Gold dome on it!

Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zuper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by angryhornyjimmy View Post
    Hello there,

I recently moved to Doha. Can anyone recommend a decent gym that doesn't cost an arm & a leg? The gyms here are the worst I've ever seen and I'm hoping someone can give me the directions to a good gym that will allow me to squat, bench & deadlift heavy.
    Thanks a lot.
    I'm guessing you found a gym?

I'm also struggling... but settled for fitness first in citycenter

deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to necro the thread. I ended up joining Qatar Fitness Centre at Al Muntazah myself. They are closed on Fridays and only open from 8 a.m. to midnight, but atleast they have two squat racks and price is quite reasonable comparitively.