kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

pain in shoulders and bicep from squats

my ****ing front delts down into my elbow crease r killing me after squatting.
    i had to end my squat session very quickly,could this be from having such a bent bar?
    am i ****ed and sentenced to the safety squat bar for good?
    and how do i get rid of this horrible feeling?
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you grip wide or narrower?
    I don't care.

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wide,semi highbar.

Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000) Limitless7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had this last year on the side where I've injured my shoulder in the past. Intense pain in front delt and bicep on right side. I actually had a few sets where I'd have to take my right hand off the bar completely and rack it when the rep was done. I found foam rolling front delt loads and improving shoulder flexibility helped a lot as well as making sure I do a full warm up , stretch shoulders, rotator cuffs before I squat. I think I also took a slightly wider grip too.

IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzzyT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like a classic case of tendinitis. The exact same thing happens to me from time to time when I try to carry it too low.

#1: Analyze how you're carrying the bar. You are probably transferring weight down through your elbows.
    #2: In the mean time, this has helped me: ibuprofen 800mg, 4x/day, for 5 days. No squatting during this period.
    www.PowerliftingToWin.com

i appreciate it guys,i seriously believe its from piece of **** warped bar,it looks like a ****ing mcdonalds arch(exaggeration)
    also my shoulders r getting wider and i havnt worked biceps in a fat minute.
    i may just use the ssb exclusively for squats for some time especially for the volume ill be going into.
    also i do remember getting shoulder pain awhile back when i was squtting every morning.

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    for awhile I had the WORST pain from low bar squatting.. like you said your bar is probably causing you the trouble, What I did was change to high bar for about 2 weeks, and during that time experimented (with low bar) with ways to get my arms to bear none of the load.... I found the best way to do that was to make sure I was pinning the bar against my back.

Originally Posted by rancid_theclash View Post
    for awhile I had the WORST pain from low bar squatting.. like you said your bar is probably causing you the trouble, What I did was change to high bar for about 2 weeks, and during that time experimented (with low bar) with ways to get my arms to bear none of the load.... I found the best way to do that was to make sure I was pinning the bar against my back.
    its bent really bad almost turning my wrists downward and and shoving my shoulders down and my elbows into my sides.i never had this problem squatting with a stiff bar,i just ordered a new one last week that should be pretty stiff i will see if that makes the difference,front squats mad ethe pain go away temporarily.

speak of the devil my new bar was on the porch