MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Needing some motivation!

Hey there, been on the site for a couple years now but not much of a forum poster, though I spend most of my time here reading them. Anyway I started to bulk about 2 months ago and I seem to be gaining some weight, went from 173 to about 180 since starting. I'm noticing some fat gains (not a real big deal) tho I feel my diet is decent, I'll add a list of my daily intake for critique. I started working out at home with dumbells and a barbell and have since joined a Goodlife. I own a pizza joint so my work takes up alot of my time (I also have 2 small children 9mo & 6 yrs). I am on a 4 day split Mon-Chest&Tri, Wed-Back&Bi, Thurs-Shoulders, Sun-Legs. I always start with compound lifts and end with isolation moves. usually take me about 1.5 hrs to complete my workout of 6 to 7 excersises. My problem is that I work out alone and sometimes feel I need someone to push me. So that's why I'm posting. I'll lay out my food intake so I can get somem feedback as well....I think i'm doing pretty good but I'm sure someone here will pick up on something that I can use to be better. Thanks in advance

Pre Breakfast-Myofusion protien shake (2% milk) with glutamine & creatine mixed in.
    Breakfast- 1.5 cups Oats with silouette yogurt mixed in for flavor. Sometimes Hertiage grains cereal from costco & tea with milk & honey.
    Snack- 2-3 egg sandwiches from Tim Hortons. No cheese add Ham.
    Lunch- turkey&Bacon wrap on whole wheat light mao
    Snack- myofusion shake (2% Milk)
    Supper-chicken,Salmon,or Striploin with greens and sweet potato
    Snack- Myofusion shake (2%milk)
    Sleep - then repeat.

I usually snack on Almonds through the day and occasionally have a protien bar or an additional shake or 2 if I have to work past midnight. Also once a week I will eat either a double or triple burger with bacon. I squeeze out as much of the fat as possible though..lol. And once every 2 weeks or so we will have chinese food or some kind of takeout. Thanks again for any useful insight

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I see a lot of fat consumption in this plan. what are your goals? Just a couple thoughts:

1. Careful on the almond consumption. a 1/4 cup has like over 300 calories
    2. You may want to reduce the milk intake a bit... sounds like you are consuming an aweful lot throughout the day
    3. Skip the TIM's Sandwhiches and make your own Eggs. Unless you are opting for English muffins, there is a lot of calories and fat in the bagles and biscuits
    4. A cheat meal once a week is fine, but you may want to reconsider what you get...perhaps a STANDARD burger over a double cheese burger. Is the burger fast food or home made? I am assuming the prior.
    5. You might want to include more VEGETABLE or FRUIT in this meal plan with your protein shake instead of a protein bar...

Anyway... just my $0.02

MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeNX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the thoughts TS, The egg sandwiches are with whole grain english muffins, burgers are homeade, and almond intake would probably be around 2 cups per week, with a protien bar maybe once or twice a month.

As for my goals, I am aiming to gain size. So I thought more milk would help me meet my calorie needs for the day. More beef for more calories is my thought on the burgers Most of the time I leave the cheese off but add bacon and I use a mullti grain mini bun...I call it the diet burger...lol.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and make suggestions.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Looks fat-heavy and micronutrient deficient.

How are you tracking your macros and total calories?

Why so little fruit or veg?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I have used fitclick in the past to calculate my macros and calories, but with the business and kids I find it hard to get on to log each day, It is something I intend to start again. I figured my diet had too much fat in it and I'm trying to find ways to fix that... I forgot to add one of the daily snacks I eat is a bowl of oats, usually as my after supper snack, though also in the mid afternoon if I am rushed for time. Should I start mixing my shakes with water instead? I thought the extra calories would be good for adding mass...

I used to eat cottage cheese with fresh fruit as a filler snack but cut back because I was unsure of the effects the added sugar would have, I replaced that snack with the oats for the extra carbs. I still have it, just not as a daily thing.

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cottage Cheese is a great protein source and low in fat for the most part. The fruit you add to it (apple, pineapple, etc) would not be to big of an alarm. You do need to watch the amount though.

Oh and BTW.... after seeing your avi... you certainly appear a LOT leaner than me... so maybe I should take tips from you!

headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10) headintosa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't agree with watching almonds. I know they are fat laden but nut meats are a good fat, especially almonds and they help the heart. It might just be that you are getting older and losing some test. to get you going. I started taking my older son who is 16 now and he completely motivated me for a while. When that stopped, i started taking DS Craze or EC. Have you tried either of those? Both provide intense focus and strong workouts.

I use 1MR to keep mem going atm, but it seems that I crash from it though not too severly if I have an intense enough workout. What is EC?

Originally Posted by headintosa View Post
    I don't agree with watching almonds. I know they are fat laden but nut meats are a good fat, especially almonds and they help the heart. It might just be that you are getting older and losing some test. to get you going. I started taking my older son who is 16 now and he completely motivated me for a while. When that stopped, i started taking DS Craze or EC. Have you tried either of those? Both provide intense focus and strong workouts.
    good fat or not... too much will pack on the fat.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck Mike. Diet is important and requires much study with trial and error to see what works for you.

Thanks ljmid, I between studying what to eat, how to train and training, it's hard to believe I have time to anything else sometimes....

Well, I logged my daily intake for Tuesday to find that I am indeed taking in more fat than I should be. I made some adjustments to my meal plan and managed to hit my targets for Wednesday.

Might start looking for someone to pair up with in the gym to help with the motivation, seems some days I just need a little extra push to keep going and i'm not always finding it in myself. Anyone here workout alone and find this happens to them? How do you get past it?

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drop the milk from the Myofusion shakes. Not needed for flavor. Drop the breads, too.

I had the same crash with 1MR and White Flood. I really like SP MAX or coffee.

Most lifting has been solo for me. Motivation is not a problem. Getting rid of fat and building muscle motivates me. Seeing my shirts loosen around the middle and get tight in the chest, shoulders and arms is firing me up. Chit feels great.

Tsoden nailed it on the almonds. I freakin love them but have to remain aware that a handful provides a ton of calories....those and the Swiss cheese that I'm addicted to.

Good luck, brother.

ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ninjad00d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

You own a pizza joint and don't even mention it in your diet?
    Now that's a good sign.
    Good luck with your goals.
    I'm awesammich.

ISSA Master Trainer KingsFitness's Avatar
    KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingsFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to eat 8 - 12 servings of vegetables a day....
    I train solo. Most days’ I’m motivated but we all have those days when it's hard to get into the gym. Not sure what time you crank out your weight training but Start a journal to track your mood when you exercise... Things that took place during the day can affect your mood.
    NEOGENIX Sponsored Athlete
    FB: HardCorePhysique
    FB: KingsFitness
    "EAT and TRAIN, NEVER diet and exercise"...

Had a great shoulder workout this morning with some awesome mind-muscle connection. Next week I will deload and strive for some bigger numbers the following week with a mix of new excersises for a change. Usually I begin my week with Legs but I am considering moving it to the end of the week and putting chest in front since I am more interested in development there (tho I do want to get huge quads).

More veggies, and If I had a way to make Pizza work in my diet I would eat it every day. Tinkering with the idea of this- 50/50 whole wheat pizza crust with greek dressing for the sauce, bl olives, tomato, feta cheese, red onion and chicken. Might have to make that recipe on one of thos calorie counting sites and see what it comes up with.

Thanks for the advice and comments, I was hoping this site would be a good place to connect with people whose goals are similar to mine and that seems to be the case.