necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Needing advice for cheap food to eat on a 12hr shift

Just recently started a security job watching a factory. I usually work 12 hour shifts being 6pm-6am. WE don't necessarily have a lunch time as we can eat whenever we want. It's an easy arse job and all you do is sit/stand in a shack and watch the place. Like I said before I can eat whenever I want to. I have been there two weeks now, and noticed I am constantly hungry while there.

Usually what I bring and eat consist of
    -Packs of club and cheddar crackers or cheese and peanut butter ones
    -A can of chunky soup
    -Sometimes a frozen dinner meal box
    -Sunbelt granola bars
    -A banana
    -Gatorade or water

I might as well note that I need to gain weight obviously. I am also trying to get in shape for AFROTC. Therefor, eating a lot is a good thing for me to do. I don't want to eat a lot of junk, but at the same time don't have the money to spend on expensive things.

So really I guess my question is.. What are some foods that I can buy that are
    -Calorie dense
    -Decent amount of protein
    -Not expensive
    -Maybe come in bulk?

I need to have a good amount of food for each night. I am constantly hungry at this job for some reason. Maybe I eat out of boredom? That's not necessarily a bad thing when I am trying to gain some weight as long as it's not junk. I just don't want to be spending 20$ a night to satisfy this black hole in my stomach.

EDIT: I forgot to add I do have a microwave in the shack. As well as a freezer in the factory I am allowed to use.
    Last edited by necrologic; 02-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Walnuts, almonds, cashews etc. Peanut butter, oatmeal, proatmeal, sanwhiches, chicken breast.

Theres aloooot of choices.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your nights are the same as our days. I suggest you determine a way to construct and bring well balanced meals to work, not a bunch of snacks. You need to read the stickies above and learn to compose a proper diet, the food sources are unlimited!

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bump

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pick one from each category:

Category A:
    Starch of your liking

Category B:
    Vegetable of your liking

Category C:
    Meat of your liking

Cook all, combine in tupperware. Add sauce if you desire. There's a meal.

You could also bring fruit, nuts, granola bars, yogurt, etc. if you want snacks or just need something else in addition to your meal.

deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try making your own trail mix ahead of time and packing it in small serving sizes.

Can throw in all sorts of nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, seeds, granola. Whatever you want really...

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gotta love your job. Eating whenever you want.? lol
    Cook your meals in bulk, 3kg of meats and rice, pasta in bulk. I do that on Sunday and generally last me for a good week.
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gonzo1483 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheap and convenient (and healthy) calories:

Carbs - Bananas, Dried fruit mix

Protein- Whey powder, boiled eggs

Fats- boiled eggs, avocados

Vegetables have a lot of fibre so if you want to gain weight I suggest a Greens supplement instead.

Avocados aren't cheap but they're a really healthy source of fats and calories.

If you're eating all your eggs whole you're already getting plenty of fat so easy on the nuts a nut butters.

I have trouble gaining weight too so I'm trying out a few things.

THank you for the replies

forgot about the eggs and pasta

and yeah all i do is sit there for 12 hours doing nothing so i can eat whenever. Super easy job