Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Clean & front squat combo

1. Clean the weight.
    2. Front squat down/up.
    3. Set weight down.

Rinse, repeat.

Anyone ever do it?

I have them as two separate exercises... a clean and a front squat, but I was wondering if anyone did it as one movement and how you felt it was compared to two separate movements. I'd like to try it, but would like to hear a more experienced voice. Oh, and need I say this would be with the kettlebells?
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. An official clean includes a front squat as part of the move. With kettlebells, it's a mimic of the barbell move (with those slight kettlebell adjustments you have to make for not using a barbell). The pull-under is weird with the kettlebells, but it can be done. Come to think of it when I was learning the pull under with the barbell, it felt really weird, too.

Are you talking about power cleaning and then dropping into the front squat? 'Cause I do that as well depending on what I'm doing in the workout (working particular technique, complexes for conditioning, or GPP).
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    1. Clean the weight.
    2. Front squat down/up.
    3. Set weight down.

Rinse, repeat.

Anyone ever do it?
    Yes. We also so, clean, front squat, overhead press, bar down. Repeat.

Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    how you felt it was compared to two separate movements.
    It turns into cardio, well strongman cardio, that's why we do them like that.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Yes. An official clean includes a front squat as part of the move. With kettlebells, it's a mimic of the barbell move (with those slight kettlebell adjustments you have to make for not using a barbell).
    Are you talking about power cleaning and then dropping into the front squat? 'Cause I do that as well depending on what I'm doing in the workout (working particular technique, complexes for conditioning, or GPP).
    Yes indeed. Power clean from floor, drop into front squat, then back up to complete the squat, set kettlebells down and repeat.

For example, tonight I have power clean and front squat as two exercises, but I was thinking of trying to combine them into one movement.

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Yes. We also so, clean, front squat, overhead press, bar down. Repeat.
    Omg! I did that... the power clean, front squat, overhead press. I got 4 reps per set. At first I was afraid I was going to die, then I was afraid I wasn''t going to die.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OK, what you're describing is basically a type of kettlebell complex and done at sufficient volume and weight for your current level of training, should leave you breathing like a locomotive and feeling like you're going to vomit.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Complex

Clean x 5 + Press x 5 + Squat x 5 then put the weight down

Chain

(Clean x 1 + Press x 1 + Squat x1) x 5 then put the weight down

For some reason chains seem harder than complexes.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Complex

Clean x 5 + Press x 5 + Squat x 5 then put the weight down

Chain

What you're calling a complex is what is usually referred to as a superset.

Also, taxation is theft.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you're calling a complex is what is usually referred to as a superset.
    I thought a superset was just two movements, with more than two becoming a complex.

Semantics don't really matter as long as everyone understands.

OK, what you're describing is basically a type of kettlebell complex and done at sufficient volume and weight for your current level of training, should leave you breathing like a locomotive and feeling like you're going to vomit.
    Yes, yes, vomit I wanted to. Breathing like forge bellows I was. Putting on socks the next morning might have qualified as an Olympic event.

Chain

That's what I did.

Semantics don't really matter as long as everyone understands.
    This is true. I think we can all understand it's a mother****er of a workout.

I'm glad to know these are valid movements and not some hotdog thing I came up with.

flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very nice workout i've been doing the powerclean then squat for a few years now still kicks the **** out of me but well worth the suffering feel great the next day!!!
    Keep lifting,the weak drink booze!!!

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Minotaur, long time no see I see you're working with KB's now. Marius is the man when it comes to them, not familiar at all myself, but can help with BB movements such as cleans.

Here's a link to an article on our site about BB complexes, they're a very good conditioning workout and seriously kick your ass!! hope all is well with you.

http://www.sweatpit.com/forum/ubbthr...?ubb=complexes
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That was a good article ^^^^^

I love doing complexes for cardio, especially useful where I live. Weather sucks

Just seems a little more manly than power walking.
    "Unless you're a 14 year old girl what kind of pussy actually takes the time and effort to neg someone. Pathetic" -Author unknown

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems you got 'bell fever, Frank. I do what you described once a week with the k'bells and yeah, you breathe hard and feel pretty pukey the first couple of times around. You'll get used to it. Fun stuff.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Hi Minotaur, long time no see I see you're working with KB's now. Marius is the man when it comes to them, not familiar at all myself, but can help with BB movements such as cleans.
    You will be very familiar with them after this summer's lifting camp at Bear Swamp Manor.

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by gbg View Post

Here's a link to an article on our site about BB complexes, they're a very good conditioning workout and seriously kick your ass!! hope all is well with you.

http://www.sweatpit.com/forum/ubbthr...?ubb=complexes
    Ah, thanks for the link. Yep, doing OK. Weight's coming off with diet and exercise... the tried and true method.

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Seems you got 'bell fever, Frank. I do what you described once a week with the k'bells and yeah, you breathe hard and feel pretty pukey the first couple of times around. You'll get used to it. Fun stuff.
    Yeah, they're the shizzit. I'm trying all kinds of stuff to see what I like, and most importantly what I can do and what will work. I'm doing bodyweight work too... pull-ups, push-ups and dips. I never thought I'd be making such a radical change in my training. I don't want to get ripped, but I want to get in shape, dammit.

You will be very familiar with them after this summer's lifting camp at Bear Swamp Manor.
    Or after I keep going on and on and on about them.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What you are suggesting in the first post is a good way to learn how to do squat cleans. Once I manage to do it, I'll let you know.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    What you are suggesting in the first post is a good way to learn how to do squat cleans. Once I manage to do it, I'll let you know.
    Good, I want to know how it works for you. Will you use a barbell or a cabre?

Actually mine went pretty well last night. I took a shoulder wide stance, cleaned the kettlebells up like this:

squatted down almost atg, then backup. I think it was a pretty good movement, and form.

The workouts start on page 5.

http://kettlebellsecrets.com/reports/freedom.pdf

Very similar to the "kettlebell Muscle" program that is done with doubles.