THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Its time to get huge!!!! Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!

So here is a little back story about me: About two years ago, I was at an extremely out of shape, miserable 195 lbs at 5' 10". One day, I looked in the mirror and basically made a decision in a matter of seconds that enough was enough and it was time to change. I went on a crash diet for literally a year. I ate very small amounts of food, and I lost a ton of weight. However, I had no idea what I was doing at the time and I was eating probably less than 1500 calories a day. I continued this trend until I was (am) down to a mere 150ish pounds, the weight which I have been floating at for about the past 8 months. I've stopped with the crash dieting, and since then I have learned a ton about how nutrition actually works and I have started to each much better. I have always wanted to gain muscle and get super ripped, but every time I start bulking I do it for like 2-4ish weeks and then pussy out and stop being I fear that I'm to get fat again.....

well not this time fellas, NOT THIS TIME.

I've decided to grab life by the balls, and go all out. You only live once right? Better off taking a "risk" then playing it safe and wondering what would have happened had you taken that risk. Over the past couple of days Ive been really thinking about this and now I have decided that its time to go all out and gain some damn muscle!!!!!!

I also decided to post this nutrition log, partly because I'd like to share this experience with everyone who cares to read what I have to say and furthermore I hope people would be willing to post here and give me some advice/motivation to help me on my newfound quest.

As far as my nutrition goes, the last time I bulked I did manage to stay on course for about 1 month before I quit (which won't happen again!). i actually ate quite a bit - was taking in 3150 calories a day, and gaining really slow (I think in the entire month I gained less than a pound). So this time, I'm going to start out at 3300 calories a day (maybe too much? idk, but lets see what happens).

Weigh in as of this morning: 153.5 pounds...I think its time to change that.....SO ITS TIME TO UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!! LETS DO THISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill be heading to the gym in 2 hours or so, gonna hit the shoulders and back today and some abs too

Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nimm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very familiar story. If you don't have any hangups about the scale going back up - and you lift and eat properly - bulking should be a lot of fun.

The calories sound reasonable - if 3150 was adding 1 lb a month, 3300 should be good. You can always dial it down if the weight is going on too fast.

Good luck & have fun!
    Think you can, think you can't - doesn't matter. Either way, you're right.

THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THEBEASTW1TH1N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replay!!!!!! Yeah I figure I dont know my 'exact' right amount of calories but hey theres no way to find out unless I do some experimenting right?

Just finished Workout, did shoulders back and some abs today. I'd appreciate some critique on it. Is 3-4 exercises per muscle pretty good and then like 6-7 sets of ab workouts? Cus thats what I did and I feel pretty darn good now afterwords.

Shoulder Press
    2 sets of 55x10
    60x10
    60x7 (failure)

Arnold's DB Press (holy crap these kill your shoulders afterwords!!)
    3 sets of 40x10

Standing one arm shoulder press (no idea what you would officially call it lol)
    50x10 for each arm

DB swings
    30x20 (failure)
    30x18 (failure)
    30x12 (failure)

Bent over row
    2 sets of 80x6 for each arm
    4 sets of 80xfailure for each arm, failure was 9-10 the first time and then like 5 the second time

One arm seated row
    3 sets of 110x10 for each arm

Lying Row
    3 sets of 50x10

1 set of chinups to failure (22)
    2 sets of pullups to failure (10 and 4)

Abs:
    - 2 sets of hanging leg raises
    - 2 sets of crunches on lat pulldown machine
    - 2 sets of medicine ball ab rollers
    - 60 sec plankhold

anything I can do to better this workout? It took about 70 minutes

Food thus far today:

Breakfast/660cals and 39g protein - 3 eggs (jumbo size ), 3 pieces of wheat toast, a LOT of coffee
    second breakfast/~550 cals/37g protein - I made a huge pancake out of what was supposed to be three small ones. Mixed in some mashed blackberries, whey protein powder, cinnamon, and then I covered it with natty pb (deal breaker right there)
    Shake after workout/300 cals and 42g protein - 16oz of skim milk and 1 scoop whey
    Lunch/595 cals and 42g protein - sweet potato covered with cinnamon, 1/4 cup almonds, 99% lean turkey burger on a wheat bun

Not sure what I'm going to eat later, but theres a pint of ben and jerrys ice cream in the fridge that will likely be calling my name in about 2 hours
    Last edited by THEBEASTW1TH1N; 05-08-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff