Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000) 2scoopsgethuge is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know because I know a 100 people just like you. I train people everyday of my life, and you know who they blame for not getting results. Not the person at fault, the person who begs them to do the right things to achieve their goals. I may not be the smartest, but the depth of my knowledge pertaining to the human body is far beyond a college degree which I also have. I can tell you without ever meeting you or talking to you, you did not train hard enough, eat correctly, or sleep right. Because if you did you wouldnt say the things you have. Take a minute and look in the mirror, are you satisfied? Does it mean enough to you to prove me wrong? I dont think you have it in you. I cant give it to you and no one can help you find it. The will to achieve is either present or lacking. You want to change, if you sign a contract to follow a diet and training plan without discord I will build you one for free, I charge my clients $500 just for the plan on paper. I am offering that to you for free if this is something that actually means shiit to you. Take it however you like, I am not trying to be ugly in any way, like I said I do this everyday and things either go one of two ways, there is no grey area.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP. You admit that you're doing it wrong yet your thread title poiints to it being the fault of BBing.

Think about it. If you buy a car and don't know how to drive it, it's not the car manufacturers fault is it? To get the most out of the car, you need to learn how to drive. Same with training - if you're not doing it right, you need to learn how to do it right before you start getting decent results.
    And to start out doing that, you don't need to spend a fortune. All you need to invest is time. Time to read and learn. Then you need to put in some effort. Effort in the gym.

Dude above has offered you a deal. He's offered to teach you how to drive for free. If you still have one little bit of hunger, you're a mug if you turn his offer down.

Crazy as a **** house rat YoBigFatMomma's Avatar
    YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Think about training at home. After an initial investment of less than 1000$ USD, the only expense you have is food.
    385/245/485 @ 210

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    <|>
    ┌8====D
    ⌡ \

ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol op you dun goofed

you srsly spent that much money? hahahahahhahahahhahahahha

all you need is a gym membership and food.... supps and personal trainers are for noobs

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sounds like you
    a) weren't training hard enough
    b) weren't eating enough/ correctly
    c) not eating enough protein
    d) not sleeping/ resting enough
    e) relying on supplements to "transform your body"
    f) combination of all of the above
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kent80 View Post
    Until Xmas 2011 I'd been training eighteen months with about a net gain of 1lb of muscle.
    Prior to beginning weight training is lost three stone by dieting and despite not training have managed to keep this weight off. I'm happy with this.
    Weight training, though, a complete waste of time for me. Spent roughly £500 per month or supplements, gym memberships and personal trainers, and although my cardio improved tonnes, my muscle mass and physical appearance altered very little.
    This is well over £5,000 of expenditure with **** all results in my book (other than the weight loss which was achieved by nutrition before I'd even picked up a barbell).
    I'm now looking at spending this extra money I'm saving on a new car, and I n is that I will be getting value for money (not too mention happiness) from this, whereas weight-training yielded no results for me, and must go down as a waste of time & money.
    I think weight-training is too relient on factors such as genetics and steroid use, whereas I know if I'm handing a car dealer £5,000 per year I'm going to be getting visual results for my money.
    If you only gained 1lb of muscle in 18 months it's pretty obvious that your diet was complete ****. Set up a macronutrient ratio, count all your calories, profit.

You don't need any supplements, I use none except vitamins. Don't need a personal trainer - you have the internet.

You can make great gains naturally, but your diet has to be absolutely consistent, and your training ideally should be compounds done heavy with intensity. Diet is the biggest factor in my opinion.

ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)
    How the **** do you know what I ate or didn't? How do you know how intensely I trained or didn't? How do you know if I have an underlying health problem or not?

You're just some half-wit engaging his fingers in his keyboard before his brain.

Of course I made mistakes (lots) otherwise I would have achieved some results, but your jumping to conclusions that I did nothing right. Perhaps at different times, done things were right, but others were wrong, but your hardly offering an intellectual insight, are you eh?

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but I tried my best with what I thought was the best diet, and stuck to it for 18 months. I trained for 18 months (perhaps not correctly), but I still didn't give up even with no results.
    you're a ****ing pussy and one of the main reasons i love lifting and seeing results.... it's so much fun to walk into the gym bigger and stronger every week while the masses aren't going anywhere.

you obviously did nothing right if you trained for 18 months and only gained 1 lb of muscle (i doubt it was even that much, you probably lost mass hahahahaha)

stfu and quit trying to defend your position.... this is one of the funniest and most pathetic threads i've seen on bb.com...

"half wit engaging keyboard before brain?".... he's not the one spending 100s of dollars every month on useless **** and spending 18 months in the gym with no results. how about you spend 5 minutes reading about macronutrients and training programs and come back when you're serious about lifting?

chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    its great you lost weight, be proud of that. as far as gaining muscle goes, forget spending money on supplements. if you're not gaining quality weight, you are not eating enough calories. you also may not be eating clean enough. if you are putting the hard work in at the gym and getting enough rest and still not gaining weight, it means YOUR DIET IS OFF!! take all the money you spend on supps and trainers, and spend it on CLEAN WHOLE FOODS! do some research on a CLEAN BULK DIET. no matter what you do in the gym, you will not gain an ounce if you are not eating enough clean foods to have a caloric surplus. simple as that bro. i recommend you eat 3000-3500 cals a day minimum to gain muscle. homemade weight gain protein shakes work wonders for me

best of luck to you sir, but change your diet and keep up the hard work and you will see results.
    ★★★★★BIG MONEY BALLER CREW★★★★★

Bench: 220
    Dead: 345
    Squat: 320

I REP BACK!!

Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2scoopsgethuge View Post
    I know because I know a 100 people just like you. I train people everyday of my life, and you know who they blame for not getting results. Not the person at fault, the person who begs them to do the right things to achieve their goals. I may not be the smartest, but the depth of my knowledge pertaining to the human body is far beyond a college degree which I also have. I can tell you without ever meeting you or talking to you, you did not train hard enough, eat correctly, or sleep right. Because if you did you wouldnt say the things you have. Take a minute and look in the mirror, are you satisfied? Does it mean enough to you to prove me wrong? I dont think you have it in you. I cant give it to you and no one can help you find it. The will to achieve is either present or lacking. You want to change, if you sign a contract to follow a diet and training plan without discord I will build you one for free, I charge my clients $500 just for the plan on paper. I am offering that to you for free if this is something that actually means shiit to you. Take it however you like, I am not trying to be ugly in any way, like I said I do this everyday and things either go one of two ways, there is no grey area.
    An interesting and tempting offer.

What's the catch? And why are you confident that your advice, if followed correctly , would work?

Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kent80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by XShreddedX View Post
    sounds like you
    a) weren't training hard enough
    b) weren't eating enough/ correctly
    c) not eating enough protein
    d) not sleeping/ resting enough
    e) relying on supplements to "transform your body"
    f) combination of all of the above
    A) it's a possibility. As I said, shoulders never ached the following day, back occasionally, although chest & legs always did.

B) definitely. Althought I did stick to the diet which I thought (at the time ) would work down to the letter.

C) ate a fair amount of protein. Always protein was the focus of three actual meals per day and two snacks. Ate very few carbs though. Now I get carbs from oats and vegetables only.

D) definitely agree. But what can I do if I job to bed early with the intention of sleeping but can't?

F) I bought protein powder because £ per gram it was a cost effective way to make sure I consumed a large amount of protein. Also , after a workout it was easier than trying to prepare & cook a meal quickly.

G) agreed. I was doing things wrong, 100% agree. I haven't said any different, but my motivation and enthusiasm only went in the last couple of months when I discussed with a friend who advised me that I was wasting my time.

dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Stats : 5'8 157lbs

Lifts : aprox 6rm , 105kg deadlift , 80kg squat , 60kg bench

LOL ! i dont know how can you call yourself a man , quite the most pathethic thread this year

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Spent roughly £500 per month or supplements, gym memberships and personal trainers
    I've located your problem.

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can spend a sh+t load on sups....gym memberships...but something you can't buy is determination...
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    You can spend a sh+t load on sups....gym memberships...but something you can't buy is determination...
    Your speculating that the problem may be determination (in your opinion).

I think initially losing three stone in eighteen months, going from a un-active to a healthy lifestyle and achieving and maintaining a healthy body is a start.

The fact that I don't drink alcohol, and have disassociated myself with almost every 'friend' I had because they saw my persuit of my goal as a slur on them and an attack on their unhealthy lifestyle proves my determination.

Personally, I don't think my problem was lack of determination, I think it's being too determined to follow the wrong diet/training plan etc for too long. Wasted time & effort.

Listen, I don't know how many people quit after joining gyms or whatever, but I honestly believe it is about what works for the individual to achieve some success ASAP which helps with motivation and determination. I didnt expect to find a successful training plan & diet overnight, knew it would take months, but after doing it wrong for 18 months, do I continue to do it wrong for another 18, or reassess the direction I'm going?!
    Last edited by Kent80; 01-31-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Can I just clarify: buy supplements I mean two separate forms of protein powder: whey & casein.

They're the only two supplements ive used (obviously not now since I'm no longer active).

People saying don't buy supplements: why do most nutrition plans advise protein to be consumed post workout and pre-bedtime in the form of whey & casein?

I accept that cottage cheese or milk are an alternative to casein powder, but surely whey is most economical, and convenient in the first 30 mins post-workout?

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Right, lets all take a deep breath and chill out a bit.

Kent. You are frustrated. You lost a lot of weight and that's great - commendable. Well done you. It shows you are committed and determined. That's a good start. You then committed yourslef to transofmr your body. You spent the money and invested time in the gym. Great work.

However, after all that commitment, you have not seen the results you desire, deserve or SHOULD have gained in that time. That is not bodybuilding's fault. it is down to not doing the right things at the right time. You paid for a PT. He was obviously a bag of turd (or you were not fully committed, but I sense not). I think you have been given really poor advice by him. I bet the PT was average in size, great on the treadmill, but not carrying a lot of lean mass?

Anyway, weightlifting is addctive. Its an awesome feeling, even when you do those excercises you absolutely loathe. Occasionally I hate the though of a squat, but I still do them - because the feeling of accomplishment outweighs the toughness of doing them. Other workouts, I crave the squat and can't wait to get into them - but I always feel accomplished after a workout.

I have been in a similar situation to you for a number of months. I got injured and bust a leg, had a new baby join the family, schedules got mixed up, sleep was crap, and I was plodding along, eating anything and not fully commited in the gym.

I have now reverted back to basics and putting on mass like I used to 10 years ago. The rules really are this simple:
    1. Work out your calorific needs and macronutrient split - theres PLENTY on this website to help you there.
    2. Get a decent routine - StartingStrength would work for you.
    3. Get the right balance between gym time and rest.
    4. Eat cleanly - avoid fatty and junk foods, and foods high in sugar
    5. When you are in the gym - you have to focus on every rep of every excercise - feel the muscles work
    6. Lift until near failure, or to failure on some reps. This does NOT mean until it is uncomfortable or a bit sore - it means until you PHYSICALLY can not move the weight any more, or 1 rep short of it - honestly, this will always be a couple more reps than what your head tells you it will be
    7. If you aim for 6 reps but hit 6 and have more in the tank - KEEP REPPING - counting reps is there as a guide for you to detemine your progress - NOT an absolute.
    8. Aim for rep ranges of 8-12 to failure. This will give you a decent balance between mass gain and strength gain.
    9. SCRAP the PT - you dont need them. Most in the large chain gyms are not the best to ask - go ask the big guy who is deadlifting 180kg or squatting 200kg. Look at how they perform and how far they push themselves.
    10. Believe in BB - it works 100% of the time - its not the weights that let people down - its everything else around the weights that do, including diet, rest, pushing hard enough etc.

Keep it simple. Read the STICKIES on these forums - they are always the best information sources. Then give it another 6 months, and it wont cost you more than the price of the gym membership - and if you read rights, work out properly, and eat right YOU WILL DEVELOP and you will feel great.

Good luck - and stick at it!
    Last edited by AlanApe; 01-31-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

An interesting and tempting offer.

What's the catch? And why are you confident that your advice, if followed correctly , would work?
    i'm not sure why he is either considering how worthless your past attempts at bb have been

u must be a troll, this has gotten out of hand hahahahaha

doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok fuk you OP you will never get muscular and shredded, better to give up now before you go broke trying to buy fitness.

Or try dem roidz, herd they gud

Originally Posted by AlanApe View Post
    Right, lets all take a deep breath and chill out a bit.

Kent. You are frustrated. You lost a lot of weight and that's great - commendable. Well done you. It shows you are committed and determined. That's a good start. You then committed yourslef to transofmr your body. You spent the money and invested time in the gym. Great work.

However, after all that commitment, you have not seen the results you desire, deserve or SHOULD have gained in that time. That is not bodybuilding's fault. it is down to not doing the right things at the right time. You paid for a PT. He was obviously a bag of turd (or you were not fully committed, but I sense not). I think you have been given really poor advice by him. I bet the PT was average in size, great on the treadmill, but not carrying a lot of lean mass?

Anyway, weightlifting is addctive. Its an awesome feeling, even when you do those excercises you absolutely loathe. Occasionally I hate the though of a squat, but I still do them - because the feeling of accomplishment outweighs the toughness of doing them. Other workouts, I crave the squat and can't wait to get into them - but I always feel accomplished after a workout.

I have been in a similar situation to you for a number of months. I got injured and bust a leg, had a new baby join the family, schedules got mixed up, sleep was crap, and I was plodding along, eating anything and not fully commited in the gym.

I have now reverted back to basics and putting on mass like I used to 10 years ago. The rules really are this simple:
    1. Work out your calorific needs and macronutrient split - theres PLENTY on this website to help you there.
    2. Get a decent routine - StartingStrength would work for you.
    3. Get the right balance between gym time and rest.
    4. Eat cleanly - avoid fatty and junk foods, and foods high in sugar
    5. When you are in the gym - you have to focus on every rep of every excercise - feel the muscles work
    6. Lift until near failure, or to failure on some reps. This does NOT mean until it is uncomfortable or a bit sore - it means until you PHYSICALLY can not move the weight any more, or 1 rep short of it - honestly, this will always be a couple more reps than what your head tells you it will be
    7. If you aim for 6 reps but hit 6 and have more in the tank - KEEP REPPING - counting reps is there as a guide for you to detemine your progress - NOT an absolute.
    8. Aim for rep ranges of 8-12 to failure. This will give you a decent balance between mass gain and strength gain.
    9. SCRAP the PT - you dont need them. Most in the large chain gyms are not the best to ask - go ask the big guy who is deadlifting 180kg or squatting 200kg. Look at how they perform and how far they push themselves.
    10. Believe in BB - it works 100% of the time - its not the weights that let people down - its everything else around the weights that do, including diet, rest, pushing hard enough etc.

Keep it simple. Read the STICKIES on these forums - they are always the best information sources. Then give it another 6 months, and it wont cost you more than the price of the gym membership - and if you read rights, work out properly, and eat right YOU WILL DEVELOP and you will feel great.

Good luck - and stick at it!
    Thanks mate. Very motivational.

Perhaps alarm bell should have rung for me during that period, but I kept remembering the advice from people about not giving up, and being patient, so just thought that results would be very slow and would take perseverance.

Haha, I read about people moaning about not seeing immediate results and becoming frustrated, I think I'm the opposite, too prepared to keep practising a bad routine or consuming unsatisfactory diet without results thinking that I may just have to wait a little longer.

I do find it addictive, even though I haven't trained for a month I'm finding it difficult to give up completely. If I could undergo some kind of hypnosis in order to completely quit and never go back I probably would, although, as I said, whatever I do, at least I know that I have a bit of money extra to play with each month now I'm not wasting it on PTs.

Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    OP.
    Dude above has offered you a deal. He's offered to teach you how to drive for free. If you still have one little bit of hunger, you're a mug if you turn his offer down.
    Looks like the fella has been banned, so was probably a scam it a wind-up. He sounded suspicious and untrustworthy to me anyway.

cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100) cevans0823 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank you for wasting my time with this thread. there are others here way more knowledgeable than myself and they will tell you the same thing I would, read the stickeys, read the articles on the main site, and ask questions after you have educated yourself first. We don't diss on everyone for questions, just if you ask before you read you show that you don't really care all that much and im sure im not the only member that feels like that is a bit disrespectful to the boards. Look man, If you are really serious about it STFU about all the stuff you did wrong and read how to do the things right....and put forth the effort. We can't help someone who does not wanna help themselves...trust me when i tell you that whining will not fix your issues...only doing the work yourself will determine the right outcome. Good luck man. by the way, not trying to be a D**k man, I have been in the same boat as you, i think we all have. Stick to it and train the right way like they've been saying. Good Luck to you man.
    Last edited by cevans0823; 01-31-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Beast Mode Never Sleeps

LGN Diet level: Wedding

316-260 by aug 2013!! getting married, gotta look good for the lady.

Originally Posted by cevans0823 View Post
    Thank you for wasting my time with this thread. there are others here way more knowledgeable than myself and they will tell you the same thing I would, read the stickeys, read the articles on the main site, and ask questions after you have educated yourself first. We don't diss on everyone for questions, just if you ask before you read you show that you don't really care all that much and im sure im not the only member that feels like that is a bit disrespectful to the boards. Look man, If you are really serious about it STFU about all the stuff you did wrong and read how to do the things right....and put forth the effort. We can't help someone who does not wanna help themselves...trust me when i tell you that whining will not fix your issues...only doing the work yourself will determine the right outcome. Good luck man. by the way, not trying to be a D**k man, I have been in the same boat as you, i think we all have. Stick to it and train the right way like they've been saying. Good Luck to you man.
    Thanks. If I get any spare find I 'll try to have a look for threads which may be helpful. Not sure where to start though to be honest.

At the moment I'm going to concentrate in cardio though, because I know what it takes to achieve a high level of fitness, so am more enthusiastic about practicing something which is guaranteed to succeed. Weight training can tend to be a bit hit-and-miss for me.

B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000) B1indFremen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Negging OP on recharge.
    What the soul can house, flesh cannot fathom.

twitter.com/blindfremen
    twitch.tv/blindfremen

Originally Posted by B1indFremen View Post
    Negging OP on recharge.
    No idea what that means. Speak English...

dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dizalwizal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you realize you cant be big when deadlifting 225 do you ? up the ****ing calories and do powerlifting splits while eating clean as a bodybuilder

dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dab0yech0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sucks when u dont have enough money for other things when u spend it all on preworkout n postworkout supplements worst when your a college student like me!

Originally Posted by dizalwizal View Post
    you realize you cant be big when deadlifting 225 do you ? up the ****ing calories and do powerlifting splits while eating clean as a bodybuilder
    Of course I do, but everybody has to start somewhere.

I'd read that it's better to lift a manageable amount with perfect form than lifting with bad form (are you saying this is incorrect?)

I love food, so I'd quite gladly fill my face if I knew I could get away with it (clean diet, obviously) but unfortunately - as far as my body is concerned - eating large amounts only produced a large belly to carry around. If you have a different metabolism to me and you can eat 3000kcal+ per day without gaining fat then good luck to you. Carbohydrates, particularly, aren't good. Any more than a bowl of oats for breakfast and a few portions of vegetables throughout the day and my belly is getting fat!!!

I appreciate all the advice, but would prefer it from people who are a similar age to myself (or older), because when I was in my teens or early twenties then I too could eat what the **** I wanted without gaining fat, but it's a different story when you're 30+

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ bull****

I lost 45 kg, ended up skinny fat, and was scared of gaining weight. I even "gained weight" at 2300 kcal per day.
    And guess what? I am eating 3500 now, and barely gain anything anymore.

Get over it. There is no way to gain 100% muscle. there is always some fat involved. But dieting it off afterwards is easy.

Stop making excuses, count your calories, don't be a carbophobe, read some stickies, and go out and actually lift.

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You forgot to eat at a surplus.

Honestly, people like OP disgust me. They blame everything else for their failures.

Eat at a surplus with enough protein and fat, lift with progressive overload and you will put on weight. ITS NOT ****ING HARD YOU PUSSY

doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50) doiteros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL at op making old man excuses. You are ****ing 32 years old not 60. And no young people can't eat whateverdafuk they want why the hell do people think this. The proper approach is outlined in this thread. All that is left is to take action and to more importantly, stop makin fuking excuses. GL HF GG, OP. now stop posting and get to doing