Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How enforced are NATURAL competions

Used wondering how they enforce natural competitions. Long story short i am getting ready for my first competition ( i am natural now). And i talked to a bb coach and he basically said natural competions are hard to enforce and people just lie. And basically shows dont care if your natural or not. This was a pretty hard blow to me, just wondering what you guys think.

Really at a crossroad here and need advice.
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Bigwade17, subscribe!!

Goal- 17 inch arms before summer

wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bigwade17 View Post
    Used wondering how they enforce natural competitions. Long story short i am getting ready for my first competition ( i am natural now). And i talked to a bb coach and he basically said natural competions are hard to enforce and people just lie. And basically shows dont care if your natural or not. This was a pretty hard blow to me, just wondering what you guys think.

I take pride in our position on drug-testing. All INBF shows require every athlete to undergo a polygraph prior to competing. And winners are urine tested afterwards. If you fail either, you are banned for 7 years. On the WNBF pro level, everyone is polygraphed and submits a urine sample prior to the show. We also conduct random testing, as well.
    We do not allow anyone to compete in a show if they have either failed the poly or missed their appointment.
    Drugfreeathletescoalition.com

areyousuperpowered.com

Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigwade17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wnbfwarriorpro View Post
    I take pride in our position on drug-testing. All INBF shows require every athlete to undergo a polygraph prior to competing. And winners are urine tested afterwards. If you fail either, you are banned for 7 years. On the WNBF pro level, everyone is polygraphed and submits a urine sample prior to the show. We also conduct random testing, as well.
    We do not allow anyone to compete in a show if they have either failed the poly or missed their appointment.
    They guy i talked about this said lying on the poly test is quite easy, and one of this clients did that after winning a "natural" show without telling him.
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Bigwade17, subscribe!!

Goal- 17 inch arms before summer

wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000) wnbfwarriorpro is just really nice. (+1000)
    They guy i talked about this said lying on the poly test is quite easy, and one of this clients did that after winning a "natural" show without telling him.
    There are always going to be people that try to beat the tests. And I have zero respect for anyone who competes on gear in a natural show. But, much of it depends on how good the polygrapher is and how long the poly goes for. It isn't as easy as people think if you have an experienced polygrapher who knows how to ask the right questions and keeps someone on longer than 20 minutes.

areyousuperpowered.com

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rich is right in that there will always be ways to beat the tests. it really all comes down to how highly you think of yourself, and how highly you respect the sport.

my feeling on it is, if you dont even think you are good enough to compete with people on the same pharmacological level as you are, then what the heck are ya doin steppin on stage?? again agree with rich in that i just have 0 respect for it, because it is more or less saying they have zero respect for themselves.

i wish i still had a copy of the magazine, but i was reading a copy of MD once in which someone wrote in and asked lee priest what kind of thing they need to take to beat the urine test. i will never forget lee's response (paraphrased):

2 gallons of bleach, 10 arsenic pills, 3 cyanide pills, and 10ccs of heroin. If you dont think highly enough of your own work to think that you can compete with people who are on a equal playing field, this is the stack you need.

its a little harsh sure, but so i guess my answer to your concern is, you can only hope that the other competitors have the same respect for our sport and decision as we do.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) texasjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Depends on the organization

The ABA has about as good of testing as you can ask for--do people still slide through?? Hummm do you think people in the NFL still use steroids even though they test--of course they do. The INBF only does polygraph as far as I know unless maybe it is a pro qualifier? The polygraph is a deterrent but I do not think it really catches anyone--how many people have failed one? The ABA lists the athletes that fail their urinalysis testss. Problem is who will pay for the test? I did a show once that had us pay $85 for a urine test--they took the sample Friday night and told us Saturday that everyone passed--so basically the promoter pocketed everyone's money. Musclemania's testing is probably the biggest joke out there of all the "natural' organizations.

Originally Posted by texasjason View Post
    The ABA has about as good of testing as you can ask for--do people still slide through?? Hummm do you think people in the NFL still use steroids even though they test--of course they do. The INBF only does polygraph as far as I know unless maybe it is a pro qualifier? The polygraph is a deterrent but I do not think it really catches anyone--how many people have failed one? The ABA lists the athletes that fail their urinalysis testss. Problem is who will pay for the test? I did a show once that had us pay $85 for a urine test--they took the sample Friday night and told us Saturday that everyone passed--so basically the promoter pocketed everyone's money. Musclemania's testing is probably the biggest joke out there of all the "natural' organizations.
    See my earlier post on INBF testing policies. We had a few failures last year on the poly and the athletes have been banned. It is not perfect but it is the first line of defense in drug testing. I know some federations only disqualify an athlete from the show – not the federation– if they fail a poly, but we stand by a poly failure as we do a urine test. An athlete is banned for 7 years if they fail either.

areyousuperpowered.com

Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Astazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by texasjason View Post
    I did a show once that had us pay $85 for a urine test--they took the sample Friday night and told us Saturday that everyone passed--so basically the promoter pocketed everyone's money.
    I think this happens more often than anyone cares to admit, particularly with the local/state level promoters. Try asking to see your test results post contest or get the name of the lab that does the analysis. I know of one couple that wanted to see their results. The logic, they paid for it so why not? After weeks of getting the complete runaround, they got a refund check in the mail with an apology of sorts stating that their results were "mishandled" and could not be provided. Yeah I know, vague.

Then again, that was several years ago, I would like to think recording methods are more reliable now and (I hope, wishful thinking) that was an isolated incident...
    "Eu niciodată nu se va opri."

Originally Posted by Astazi View Post
    I think this happens more often than anyone cares to admit, particularly with the local/state level promoters. Try asking to see your test results post contest or get the name of the lab that does the analysis. I know of one couple that wanted to see their results. The logic, they paid for it so why not? After weeks of getting the complete runaround, they got a refund check in the mail with an apology of sorts stating that their results were "mishandled" and could not be provided. Yeah I know, vague.

Then again, that was several years ago, I would like to think recording methods are more reliable now and (I hope, wishful thinking) that was an isolated incident...
    Considering we have had a number of high profile urine test failures in the past two years, I guess people now realize that we really do send it in to be tested.

areyousuperpowered.com

ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this has been very helpful as I am looking to do my first natural competition next summer and have been worried about the same thing! thanks
    Personal Trainer and WBFF Pro Classic Physique

***FOLLOW***
    IG @jonkassian

Offering Online Training, program design, and consultations
    ----->>kvfitn3ss@gmail.com<<------

Mention Misc and get discount

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    INBF/WNBF....No better testing out there IMO.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhiteFiberz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The ones who respond like your coach are ill informed.
    Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144371531&p=872994571#post872994571

Team 3DMJ
    www.3dmusclejourney.com

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You can beat a polly. That's not a problem. The problem is why would you want to? Maybe it was the way I was raised but I can't do drugs and then compete in a natural event and look myself in the mirror. I would rather loose as a winner than win as a looser.

Know this: if you loose to a guy that did drugs, and deliberately competed as a natural, you lost to a person who has no dignity, no integrity; and who represents the epitome of what is wrong in this sport, and others, today. Character is built transcending adversity; not contributing to it.

Now, are you sure you're not asking this because you're thinking of running a cycle and want to know how to sneak in?

I'm not saying you're thinking this but juuuust in case, your biggest problem is your health and not the show. No 18 year old, anywhere, for any reason, has any business running gear. Actually 99% of the guys doing it have no business doing it. Just ain't worth it Son. Trust me. Unfortunately it's a topic I know something about.

Again, I know you didn't say that. I just feel compelled to speak when someone near my Sons age even looks like they're thinking of sticking their mitts in that cookie jar.

Good luck at your show.

As for AAS. It's a very bad path to follow. Not much good comes from it.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    You can beat a polly. That's not a problem. The problem is why would you want to? Maybe it was the way I was raised but I can't do drugs and then compete in a natural event and look myself in the mirror. I would rather loose as a winner than win as a looser.

Know this: if you loose to a guy that did drugs, and deliberately competed as a natural, you lost to a person who has no dignity, no integrity; and who represents the epitome of what is wrong in this sport, and others, today. Character is built transcending adversity; not contributing to it.

Now, are you sure you're not asking this because you're thinking of running a cycle and want to know how to sneak in?

I'm not saying you're thinking this but juuuust in case, your biggest problem is your health and not the show. No 18 year old, anywhere, for any reason, has any business running gear. Actually 99% of the guys doing it have no business doing it. Just ain't worth it Son. Trust me. Unfortunately it's a topic I know something about.

Again, I know you didn't say that. I just feel compelled to speak when someone near my Sons age even looks like they're thinking of sticking their mitts in that cookie jar.

Good luck at your show.

As for AAS. It's a very bad path to follow. Not much good comes from it.
    Very well said.

areyousuperpowered.com

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My show was in the NMA, was poly-ed the day before then was told prior to the night show I got pulled for a "random test", which ended up not being random, according to a friend who overheard a couple judges talking in the restroom. Did not have to pay for the urinalysis. There were some guys there who showed obvious signs of prior substance use. 1 case of bad gyno and 1 "double nipple". Personally, I refuse to chance it with anything questionable. Play is safe and ethical.
    ---------------->MFC<---------------
    -------->L.A. Misc Crew<---------
    ---->MFC COC is best COC<----

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    Get off my lawn.

ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never taken a polygraph. What are the possibilities on a false positive?

"Have you ever taken an anabolic substance"?

"No".

But, as I say "No," I'm THINKING of the Twin Lab Amino Fuel I take, which says "Anabolic Liquid" on the bottle. So, in my mind, I'm questioning myself. Plus I may be nervous. So then I get banned for 77 years, or 7, and it was all for nothing.

-At which point, I'd be happy to take on the drug users in their own realm, whilst I remain natural all the time. I'd like to think that's feasible, long term. But doing well in natural organizations is something I'd like to do... to start with.

Anyway, if the polygraph is actually reliable, then great. What's it going to read? My heart rate? My blood pressure? My MIND???? One wrong heartbeat, and it was all for nothing? That's bogus. And I have been thinking about that.

Philipp84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is no matter if you are nervous. I was nervous, too during my first poly. But they ask you different questions and compare, who your "nervousness is changing". So you do not have to be afraid. If you are clean, there is no reason to be scared, because nothing will happen!
    2011 season with Team Klemczewski!

ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManVsIron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Philipp84 View Post
    It is no matter if you are nervous. I was nervous, too during my first poly. But they ask you different questions and compare, who your "nervousness is changing". So you do not have to be afraid. If you are clean, there is no reason to be scared, because nothing will happen!
    Alright, I feel better. But if some more people could chime in and reinforce what he^ just said, I'd have even more peace of mind.

jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jm1369 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you have nothing to hide, then dont worry about the poly. Just sit back and enjoy the experience. The examiner will make you feel comfortable. Before setting you up on the machine.
    --[[[[-----]]]]--

Philipp84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jm1369 View Post
    If you have nothing to hide, then dont worry about the poly. Just sit back and enjoy the experience. The examiner will make you feel comfortable. Before setting you up on the machine.
    Right. They always were very friendly and they will explain everything to you - so really no problem, man, if you did not nibble on the juice ;-)
    2011 season with Team Klemczewski!

plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000) plus44racer182 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel like its apparent who is on gear and not. sadly short esters make cheating very easy for 'natty' bodybuilders and I also feel like some of the pros cycled for years then got off for a few years then compete as natty lame........... i have alot of respect for you guys that dont lie or cheat and its a hella lot healthier a sport doing it naturally.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fannoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this has been very helpful for me

tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tex17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wnbfwarriorpro View Post
    Very well said.
    Well, except for the whole lose/loose thing!

nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicksavage1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn that conversation never ends.
    well there will always be a lot of talk about if the naturals bbers are really naturals,but we'll never realy know.

personally i get sick in the idea that somebody else on stage is cheating me ,by using illegal substances in a drug tested show,but there is nothing i can do if he passes the tests.

anyway like a lot of guys said before,it's all about the mentallity of the competitors. you just hope that the other competitors do have the spirit with us.

anyway personally (althogh i compete and i wanna be the best) ,above all i'm training for fun and for having the best possible physique,and i wanna know that the results i have are trully mine,and not AAS (or any other drug) effects.that's my metallity,trying to challenge myself even more every sigle day. i just hop that the other competitors in the drug tested shows have the same mentallity.
    2010 IFBB Greek Cup overall winner of the classic bodybuilding category
    INBA World Cup 2nd place in novice category & 3rd in open medium category

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping an old thread here, but wanted to chime in on the poly responses. I had to take a poly for my job 3 years ago when I got accused of stealing on the job. I went and took the poly and failed. I tell you right now I did not steal anything. The guy who did my poly was supposed to be one of the best in the business, been doing it for 40 years. I'm competing in my first natural comp in May and this has got me really stressing over it.