jharvey229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

At Home Workouts

I just started back to school again full time also working fulltime as well. I find myself only having enough time going to the gym 2 times a week. I started doing the insanity workout but I want to still beable to build muscle while I'm at home. I'm very limited I don't have anyweights. Does anyone have any suggestions on upper and lower body workouts I can do when I'm at home and don't have time for the gym????
    “Whatever your body looks like now, celebrate it. You're much more beautiful than you know.”

kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kathy86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try bodyrocking. Bodyrock.tv I think it's awesome. And for most of the workouts you don't need any weights. I also did Insanity for a while and I still do the workouts when I don't have the time to go to the gym. I like em!

inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try pushups and pullups for upper body work. You can buy an inexpensive pullup bar that fits on a door way.

ETA: Try varying your hand positions on both pullups and pushups. For example on the pushups, you can do standard width, diamond, military, wide-width and I'm sure there are numerous other variations to hit your muscles in different ways. Same for pullups - overhand vs. underhand grip along with wide, narrow and standard hand placement.

And for lower body work, try pistol squats and sissy squats.
    Last edited by inbetweendays; 01-27-2012 at 10:34 AM.

missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) missamerika will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kathy86 View Post
    try bodyrocking. Bodyrock.tv I think it's awesome. And for most of the workouts you don't need any weights. I also did Insanity for a while and I still do the workouts when I don't have the time to go to the gym. I like em!
    um YES! Bodyrock for the win! I do my gym now, love it and prefer the gym, but Bodyrock is great for home workouts.