Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

front hip pain while squatting

pain in the front of the hips, especially at bottom of squat.

currently squatting 205...started with the bar 3x5, twice a week, did a few workouts with no weights on bar until I could get parrallel (guy who owns the gym watching me) and have added 10 pounds a workout. a couple workouts in the process where I felt tight in the hips and like I didn't get parallel, I've held the weight until next workout and then did it again and was able to get full depth. last 3 workouts hips feel really tight and painful at the bottom...and are achy afterwords...also when I feel that pain is right where my body wants to rock forward at the bottom of the squat...never had that sensation until these last couple workouts.

At this point its a constant ache and a dull pain when I walk. when I do the stretch where I grab my toes and squat down ATG with my arms inside my legs I feel that ache.

I think its got to be hip flexor immobility - which would make sense since I sit in front of a computer 75% of my work day...and I also had so much trouble learning to get parallel when I started (just air squatting or with bar).

I was thinking of taking 2 weeks off from squatting, and stretching every day....on leg/back day, just squat the bar or 95lbs or whatever doesn't hurt like 20 reps for a stretch and muscle memory, ATG after stretching...then do direct hammies and leg press to continue to work on my strength....along with deadlift which I do regularly and doesn't hurt at all in my hips (which makes sense).

does this sound like a reasonable approach? Possibly when I get back to squatting back down to 155 or something and work back up?

thoughts?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My first guess is weak adductors. I had the same issue as you and then was linked to an article on t-nation about adductors and causing a pain in the hips/groin. I put more effort on them and noticed improvements within the first week.

Warm up with the good girl machine (hip adduction) to get blood flowing before you get into squats. Work on your hip mobility still, but I'm nearly positive it is the adductors.

After your squats and on days other than squat days, do some heavier sets of adductor work.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    My first guess is weak adductors. I had the same issue as you and then was linked to an article on t-nation about adductors and causing a pain in the hips/groin. I put more effort on them and noticed improvements within the first week.

Warm up with the good girl machine (hip adduction) to get blood flowing before you get into squats. Work on your hip mobility still, but I'm nearly positive it is the adductors.

After your squats and on days other than squat days, do some heavier sets of adductor work.
    you are right it feels like its almost into my groin...I will try that - my wife will get a kick out of it lol.