Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Riggs75 View Post
    Our daughter was 19 months yesterday and what a holy terror (just like mom) but we love her, my little man turns 4 months on the 2nd, he's very mellow just like me :-)
    How cute! Wow, they are close in age. Mine were almost that close. It was worse than having twins. 2 in diapers, 2 on bottles, one crawling around all over and the other into everything that was within reach. I'm sure they keep you VERY busy.

oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldunclehue is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey y'all, son will be 18 months in Sept, best thing ever! Keeps me and the wife busy! Loves playing while I work out and running around talking a storm.

I laugh at friends with no kids who say no time for BBing. I have a great wife who supports me working out and make it work!

Keep er up patents and married!!
    ~~Limitations are for those who have them~
    ~~Excuses are for those who need them~~
    ++Positive Crew++
    Not doing anything right Crew
    Shift work/On call Crew

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by oldunclehue View Post
    Hey y'all, son will be 18 months in Sept, best thing ever! Keeps me and the wife busy! Loves playing while I work out and running around talking a storm.

I laugh at friends with no kids who say no time for BBing. I have a great wife who supports me working out and make it work!

Hello and welcome. 18 month olds do keep you busy. I agree with what you said about people with no kids who think they don't have time for working out. Great that your wife supports you. She'd be crazy not to.

Pockubus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm separated from my ex wife, Living with my Life Partner, Polyamorous, and I have 2 kids, my son, 5 and my daughter, 3. I used to be one of those folks who couldn't find the time for working out even before we had kids. But I am really realizing why its so important to make time, and having fun finding creative ways to stay active outside of the gym. Nice to see that there is a thread in the forums for other parents here too. :3

jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey y'all. Just checking in. Glad to see a bunch of new people on here. Hope y'all are doing well.
    Maxes (July 2012)

Bench press: 310
    Squats: 405
    Deadlifts: 401
    Overhead shoulder press: 225

Progress thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147465243&p=935096753#post935096753

Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147745203

Angrypretzel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm married, no kids yet but trying. I'm a student and try to fibd time to workout between classes and homework.

Originally Posted by Pockubus View Post
    I'm separated from my ex wife, Living with my Life Partner, Polyamorous, and I have 2 kids, my son, 5 and my daughter, 3. I used to be one of those folks who couldn't find the time for working out even before we had kids. But I am really realizing why its so important to make time, and having fun finding creative ways to stay active outside of the gym. Nice to see that there is a thread in the forums for other parents here too. :3
    Awesome. It's important not to fall into the trap of using kids as an excuse for not working out. There are activities at home or in the park that can be done. Any activity is better than sitting around doing nothing.

Originally Posted by Angrypretzel View Post
    Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm married, no kids yet but trying. I'm a student and try to fibd time to workout between classes and homework.
    Hi Jeff. It's tough trying to find time to hit the gym with all the classes and homework. You have to make the time though. I'm trying to convince my stepson of this. He is a fulltime student and could really benefit physically, mentally and socially if he would go to the gym once in awhile. Keep working at it.

Originally Posted by jstndvs View Post
    Hey y'all. Just checking in. Glad to see a bunch of new people on here. Hope y'all are doing well.
    Yes, lots of new people here but after one post they disappear. :/ Where is everybody?

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    Yes, lots of new people here but after one post they disappear. :/ Where is everybody?
    Oh Oh pick me pick me. lol Kind of the world of forums, people tend to disappear after a while. Oh well, i've been on here for 3 years or so I don't think I'm going anywhere. Any goals you're trying to reach there Suesse?

Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    Oh Oh pick me pick me. lol Kind of the world of forums, people tend to disappear after a while. Oh well, i've been on here for 3 years or so I don't think I'm going anywhere. Any goals you're trying to reach there Suesse?
    Ok, I pick you. I've only been here since January but I'm not going anywhere soon. My fitness goal is primarily to stay fit, lol. Given my schedule I think I'm doing well. I'd like to be able to do a one armed push up, a handstand pushup and a Stalter Press. Well the Stalter Press is rather out of the question, but hey, a girl can dream, right? lol. What are your goals?

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok, I pick you. I've only been here since January but I'm not going anywhere soon. My fitness goal is primarily to stay fit, lol. Given my schedule I think I'm doing well. I'd like to be able to do a one armed push up, a handstand pushup and a Stalter Press. Well the Stalter Press is rather out of the question, but hey, a girl can dream, right? lol. What are your goals?
    Well I was supposed to compete in a bodybuilding comp back in May, but split up with my ex and money got tight. So for now, i'm back on bulking and gaining some strength. I'd love to do a powerlifting comp sometime this winter, but at least want to hit my numbers in my sig. Then if the cards play out right, I'd like to give bodybuilding another shot and compete next spring. I did so much hard work this year, I'm addicted. Dropped 45 lbs, and never got on stage. Booo

Well I was supposed to compete in a bodybuilding comp back in May, but split up with my ex and money got tight. So for now, i'm back on bulking and gaining some strength. I'd love to do a powerlifting comp sometime this winter, but at least want to hit my numbers in my sig. Then if the cards play out right, I'd like to give bodybuilding another shot and compete next spring. I did so much hard work this year, I'm addicted. Dropped 45 lbs, and never got on stage. Booo
    Oh man, sorry to hear that. 45 lbs, wow! All that work and you missed the competition...how sad. Well, you should have a head start for the next competion.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. 45 lbs, wow! All that work and you missed the competition...how sad. Well, you should have a head start for the next competion.
    yeah in some ways, except I plan to bulk up another 30 or so. Lean mass hopefully

yeah in some ways, except I plan to bulk up another 30 or so. Lean mass hopefully
    With your addiction to training, that shouldn't be hard for you to do.

09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha I'm still around I've been busy.. but still keeping with the gym, just a lack of time to get on here some days..
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got"
    "Don't wish the world were easier, wish that you were tougher"
    "Those that can, do... those who can't, talk about it"

Originally Posted by 09BlackSS View Post
    Haha I'm still around I've been busy.. but still keeping with the gym, just a lack of time to get on here some days..
    Well it's about time! Did your summer pass as quickly as mine? I always think that summer is too short. Winter lasts for freaking ever here. I already dread these cool mornings and earlier sunsets.

Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How cute! Wow, they are close in age. Mine were almost that close. It was worse than having twins. 2 in diapers, 2 on bottles, one crawling around all over and the other into everything that was within reach. I'm sure they keep you VERY busy.
    Yeah we are super busy but love it most days lol. They are awesome...our oldest is the Tasmanian Devil, she never stops and has been going through the terrible 2's for months already. Thankfully our little boy is much more mellow.

Originally Posted by oldunclehue View Post

That's awesome, my wife and I have been trying to schedule in more workout time into our day and be more supportive about exercise time.
    L.E.O.

***Canadian Crew***

[QUOTE=Riggs75;946312403]Yeah we are super busy but love it most days lol. They are awesome...our oldest is the Tasmanian Devil, she never stops and has been going through the terrible 2's for months already. Thankfully our little boy is much more mellow.

Just remember, they are little for such a short time.

Tonya1215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello!! Been looking for ways to connect with people and saw this.
    I am married and have 3 kids. 14 year old step-son, 12 year old son, and 7 year old daughter. All three are in school full time and I am a SAHM so I have no real problems getting to the gym. I had shoulder surgery and now my shoulder is frozen so I am very limited though and want to do stuff soooo bad. I am slowly getting back into it but now I am 20 something lbs more than before all my shoulder stuff started almost a year ago.

I have read through a lot of these posts but not all lol. I too struggle to get my husband to workout or get in shape. I tell him I want arm candy too LOL!!

Originally Posted by Tonya1215 View Post
    Hello!! Been looking for ways to connect with people and saw this.
    I am married and have 3 kids. 14 year old step-son, 12 year old son, and 7 year old daughter. All three are in school full time and I am a SAHM so I have no real problems getting to the gym. I had shoulder surgery and now my shoulder is frozen so I am very limited though and want to do stuff soooo bad. I am slowly getting back into it but now I am 20 something lbs more than before all my shoulder stuff started almost a year ago.

I have read through a lot of these posts but not all lol. I too struggle to get my husband to workout or get in shape. I tell him I want arm candy too LOL!!
    Welcome, happy you found us. sorry about your shoulder. Keep up the hard work. I wonder how we could get spouses to work out without them thinking we are nags?

Well my husband knows a thing or two about working out, he was athletic in high school and is in the military. He is strong but has no muscle and his full time job is physically demanding which makes him say I do work out lol. As for the military he does what he has to to pass all the PT training things but again past that good luck. He makes comments all the time about wanting to run again, but never does. The only way I get him to do anything is to walk the dogs with me at night beyond that yeah right....I know he will come around one day but who knows when. I want him healthy and in good shape now not at his death bed

jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jstndvs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well my husband knows a thing or two about working out, he was athletic in high school and is in the military. He is strong but has no muscle and his full time job is physically demanding which makes him say I do work out lol. As for the military he does what he has to to pass all the PT training things but again past that good luck. He makes comments all the time about wanting to run again, but never does. The only way I get him to do anything is to walk the dogs with me at night beyond that yeah right....I know he will come around one day but who knows when. I want him healthy and in good shape now not at his death bed
    You should try something like "didn't you used to love the way you felt when you used to work out before? You know, you should start doing that again if you enjoyed it." It may not get him to go out and start hitting the gym immediately, but that would be a good way to open up the conversation about it with nobody feeling bad about themselves.... worth a shot if you truly feel that way.

I wish my wife was that supportive about my goals in the gym. She wants me to be "healthy and in shape" but doesn't understand why i take an hour a day 4 days a week to go to the gym... even though its before i go to work at night, after her and the kids go to bed (which lets me spend time with them in the afternoons.until they go to bed. (But that's a whole other story. Lol
    Maxes (July 2012)

Progress thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147465243&p=935096753#post935096753

Workout log:

Well been there done that lol. But good thought. When he makes comments or talks about how tired he is or whatever he says, I chime in, I am like a broken record at this point. His constant excuse is no time, which I get to a point. If I didn't stay at home then the ONLY time I could pull off gym time would be at like4:30-5 am. I am very lucky to have time during the day to do it. My nights and weekends are packed with non stop kids sports and activities. I think some of it boils down to if you aren't into it then you just don't get it and don't want to.

Well been there done that lol. But good thought. When he makes comments or talks about how tired he is or whatever he says, I chime in, I am like a broken record at this point. His constant excuse is no time, which I get to a point. If I didn't stay at home then the ONLY time I could pull off gym time would be at like4:30-5 am. I am very lucky to have time during the day to do it. My nights and weekends are packed with non stop kids sports and activities. I think some of it boils down to if you aren't into it then you just don't get it and don't want to.
    Well I'm not taking up for him because i don't know his schedule or anything like that, but there is a point where it doesn't SEEM like there is time for it. I work nights, keep my kids during the day (they're actually getting off the bus now lol) and only sleep 5-6 hrs because of this, so i can make time to work out. It sucks most days because I'm exhausted, but i have to to meet my goals and balance my time with work, family and gym. Hopefully he'll come around for ya. I wish my wife would go also.. she also falls into the "no time" zone... but i understand its not her thing
    Maxes (July 2012)

Progress thread:

Workout log:

Registered User WoodlandsGopher's Avatar
    WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50) WoodlandsGopher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Married with an 8 year old son. Wife and I are members of different gyms because there wasn't one that was convenient for both of us with where our jobs are located. She takes our son with her to her gym after work, and I hit my gym, then we all meet up at home for dinner by 6:30-7 each night. If I have a late day at work and can't get to the gym, we have a full body gym in our garage that I can get a workout on.

Son is starting up baseball this weekend though, will be a challenge to continue the above schedule with his baseball practices and games, but we'll figure it out.

Same with my husband. He does what it takes to pass the military p.t. test but he doesn't work out like he used to. We used to work out together but his workouts are wimpy compared to mine so I no longer work out with him.

Originally Posted by jstndvs View Post
    You should try something like "didn't you used to love the way you felt when you used to work out before? You know, you should start doing that again if you enjoyed it." It may not get him to go out and start hitting the gym immediately, but that would be a good way to open up the conversation about it with nobody feeling bad about themselves.... worth a shot if you truly feel that way.

I wish my wife was that supportive about my goals in the gym. She wants me to be "healthy and in shape" but doesn't understand why i take an hour a day 4 days a week to go to the gym... even though its before i go to work at night, after her and the kids go to bed (which lets me spend time with them in the afternoons.until they go to bed. (But that's a whole other story. Lol
    Spouses are such an ass pain sometimes.

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGopher View Post
    Married with an 8 year old son. Wife and I are members of different gyms because there wasn't one that was convenient for both of us with where our jobs are located. She takes our son with her to her gym after work, and I hit my gym, then we all meet up at home for dinner by 6:30-7 each night. If I have a late day at work and can't get to the gym, we have a full body gym in our garage that I can get a workout on.

Son is starting up baseball this weekend though, will be a challenge to continue the above schedule with his baseball practices and games, but we'll figure it out.
    That's a good plan and it works well for everyone. I'm sure you will work things out regarding baseball. Hubby and I have separate gyms too. His idea of a workout and mine are completely different.

adam299 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New on here

New to this website but this is the first thread I have read and can relate to straight away, I have a 18 month old daughter a wife who is a teaching assistant, but is undergoing treatment for a slipped disc, and I'm a member of the British army is busy in my house, and trying to explain the importance of nutrition often goes out the window in all the chaos

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast