Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Where are all the parents or married Body Builders.com users

As a husband and dad of 2, I am looking to connect with people that are married or have kids and understand the challenges that go along with that and are trying to workout. I'm curious if there are any good forums, or groups to be associated with for advice and tips etc. A buddy program would be great to keep motivated and learn how to keep the whole family healthy and active.
    Last edited by nmechelke; 01-26-2012 at 07:16 AM.

hexbinary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hexbinary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nmechelke View Post
    As a husband and dad of 2, I am looking to connect with people that are married or have kids and understand the challenges that go along with that and are trying to workout. I'm curious if there are any good forums, or groups to be associated with for advice and tips etc. A buddy program would be great to keep motivated and learn how to keep the whole family healthy and active.
    I'm married with 4 kids...3 teenagers, and a toddler. Life is busy.

joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joe0121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Married, baby on the way. Work two jobs and school full time. occasionally I get to sleep a couple hours.

Dumbell Detrick dumbbell_detrick's Avatar
    dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) dumbbell_detrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not married yet but have 3 kids 6 months 11 yr old and 12 yr old. 2 girls and a boy. its very busy but still got to get my time in at the gym. My gym has a place where kids can play and someone watches them.
    You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats- I did school and work full time. Get school done regardless..
    Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
    Married, baby on the way. Work two jobs and school full time. occasionally I get to sleep a couple hours.

Originally Posted by hexbinary View Post
    I'm married with 4 kids...3 teenagers, and a toddler. Life is busy.
    Yeah so I'm sure you know how life is busy. I think right now the hardest part is creating good habits for them.

Originally Posted by dumbbell_detrick View Post
    Not married yet but have 3 kids 6 months 11 yr old and 12 yr old. 2 girls and a boy. its very busy but still got to get my time in at the gym. My gym has a place where kids can play and someone watches them.
    Right- I kind of lost motivation after the first kid and working full time, but I am back at it full swim. My kids go to the Y with my wife and I go to Anytime- where i can do my old routines. And its addicting..Im sure you know what i mean.

Ok so question is how do you or what do you do for your workouts. I have found that i am doing cardio during lunch breaks at work and at night now lifting. I am doing chest back, legs. shoulders biceps and triceps and then abs on alternate days with one day off.

wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) wllhawkins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Married with one kid, life is busy, wife is OT and group fitness instuctor, I take daughter to school, (4y/o), wife picks her up. Wife usually teaches early am class, I go to gym after drop off kid at 7. Sometimes it gets confusing, having calendar in Kitchen helps as well as planning meals for the week. Weekends usually consits of me taking the wifes BodyPump class and then off/rest Saturday and Sunday.

Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi married with 2 kids. Great to meet other married parents. Any moms out there?

rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rodsmith3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wildflowerlyn View Post
    Hi married with 2 kids. Great to meet other married parents. Any moms out there?
    Married with two kids here, kids are getting older now so I finally have some time to exercise more.

Just hiked to the top of a mountain for some long needed cardio yesterday!
    Treat your body like a temple. Party and enjoy life like every day was your last.

I don't litter. When driving coast more and brake less.

Avoid HFCS. Try to eat locally grown food.

Everyone should plant at least one tree.

Orange County, New York FTW

Fapping is good for you.

Keep your friends close.

-"[It'll be a challenge to put my lips around that]......I hear that a lot"
    -Anthony Bourdain

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Separated with a 13 year old son! Work full time but still find the time to make it to gym at least 6 days a week and twice on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal

renaelee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Busy Life

Married and have 2 kids. Work full time, coach Volleyball. Both kids are in sports all year around. I have to wake up early to get cardio in and stay up late to lift. It's a busy life but worth it.

Originally Posted by danap3681 View Post
    Separated with a 13 year old son! Work full time but still find the time to make it to gym at least 6 days a week and twice on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
    That is great. I have to workout at night but probably one of the yes decision I made to commit to working out.

Originally Posted by renaelee View Post
    Married and have 2 kids. Work full time, coach Volleyball. Both kids are in sports all year around. I have to wake up early to get cardio in and stay up late to lift. It's a busy life but worth it.
    Me too- Full time, with kids under 3 yrs and its constant running around, but the best part of working out again is actually feeling good. Now I just have to post pictures.

Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Valent1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love bodybuilding.com for meeting parents and dads.

But I connected with a lot more people on Valentineparents.com (sorry links dont work)

That's where i met my current girlfriend too. I LOVE HER SOO MUCH!

bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bloodthorne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Valent1ne View Post
    I love bodybuilding.com for meeting parents and dads.

But I connected with a lot more people on Valentineparents.com (sorry links dont work)

That's where i met my current girlfriend too. I LOVE HER SOO MUCH!
    shut up.....

dad of 2 here and soon to be divorced
    XBOX LIVE GT: bloodthorne

<Something Clever> MrCoggeshell's Avatar
    MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCoggeshell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Married w two girls. 4 and 1.

I bought all my weights and equipment over time and I workout in my garage. I'd like to thi k their first memories will be in the garage while I workout.

Feel free to message me. Bored, unmotivated, or wanna talk especially about movies.
    Men have two emotions: Horny and Hungry. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Married. 5 kids. 29, 27, 24, 6 and 5. I work 13 hour night shifts 3 nights a week. Love the gym...my sanctuary 3 days a week. Would go every day if I could.

tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Married with two kiddos 4 and 2. I am a SAHM so my gym time is my me time and my kiddos social time. I only go 4 days a week so I can spend as much time with my 4 yr old prepping for school. BUT I would go everyday if I could.

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Married with a two year old and one on the way. Hi all!

Anyone share my circumstances? I'm trying to get fit but my wife isn't into it at all and is getting pretty bored with my latest obsession

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by limepickle View Post

Anyone share my circumstances? I'm trying to get fit but my wife isn't into it at all and is getting pretty bored with my latest obsession
    If it's something you love then do it man! It's about finding the right balance. I have 2 little ones and i'm in there 6 days a week (4 evening and 2 early morning). It is difficult finding time for everything at first, but it gets easier! It's about compromise!

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I know how that can be. My husband isn't too interested in working out. I'm the opposite. I told him a few years ago that I don't want to be a fat wife, like all the other females in my family who started out fit but let it all go after they got married. I have 5 kids, and I will never use pregnancy or my kids as excuses to be out of shape. My husband is happy with that. My mom and sisters are not, lol.

daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wildflowerlyn View Post
    Hiii =) Two children. 8 yr old daughter, 3 yr old son! =)

daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) daonleebabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    Married. 5 kids. 29, 27, 24, 6 and 5. I work 13 hour night shifts 3 nights a week. Love the gym...my sanctuary 3 days a week. Would go every day if I could.
    You are living proof that a woman can maintain their youthful appearance despite age and having children. You look incredible!

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know how that can be. My husband isn't too interested in working out. I'm the opposite. I told him a few years ago that I don't want to be a fat wife, like all the other females in my family who started out fit but let it all go after they got married. I have 5 kids, and I will never use pregnancy or my kids as excuses to be out of shape. My husband is happy with that. My mom and sisters are not, lol.
    Do you try to get him involved at all? I'd love it if my wife got interested and joined me on a run every now and then

Wow, what a nice thing to say. Thank you for the compliment. You look great too.

Originally Posted by daonleebabe View Post
    You are living proof that a woman can maintain their youthful appearance despite age and having children. You look incredible!

Do you try to get him involved at all? I'd love it if my wife got interested and joined me on a run every now and then
    No, I enjoy working out alone. His workouts just don't cut it for me.

No, I enjoy working out alone. His workouts just don't cut it for me.
    Same Here my wife lifts and workout at the Y and I go to a separate club. I like that I can get in and just worry about me for that 1.5 hours. Plus as I have kids...they can go to the Y'd daycare.

So Does anyone use groups to actually push themselves or share stats, workouts etc? PS the mobile app for bodybuilding sucks.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast