Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Random: I spent Saturday morning putting together 3 weeks worth of work outfits. I hate waking up feeling like “I just wore that last week” or “Ugggg…..I have nothing to wear!” Each day I’m taking pictures on my phone & assigning the outfit pics numbers. After three weeks of wearing these outfits, I’m going to start all over at 1 and I don’t have to think about what I’m going to wear until I have come up withoutfits for summer!!!! Technically I could probably add in another week but I only had space in my closet to line up 3 weeks at a time. My boyfriend initially laughed at this project believing this was entirely too OCD but he’s seen how well it’s working for me and wants to try this system out too!
    This is a good idea! I tend to fall into a rut of always wearing certain things together. I need a kick in the ass sometimes to create new pairings. Of course, I work from home, so my day-to-day wardrobe tends to be pretty boring.

I love Michael Kors' bags! I have one but would love more.

I want to try your dupe recipe, too.

Good stuff in here.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ChocoChick View Post
    This is a good idea! I tend to fall into a rut of always wearing certain things together. I need a kick in the ass sometimes to create new pairings. Of course, I work from home, so my day-to-day wardrobe tends to be pretty boring.
    Me too! Mine is a less talented rendition of those magazine articles - "10 pieces....30 outfits!" I'm finding I can wear some of my going out tops & dresses if I just throw on a jacket over them & it gives it an entirely different look!

Originally Posted by ChocoChick View Post
    I love Michael Kors' bags! I have one but would love more.
    That makes two of us!
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)

Monday January 30th: Lower Body Workout + 1 Hour of Zumba

I did Lower Body (which was a makeup from yesterday’s missed workout) followed by 1 hour of Zumba. I definitely needed the makeup considering last week’s 10 or so glasses of wine.

I’m trying to go up in weight on alternate exercises and happy with the progress I made on some, but there are some exercises I’m already maxed out on and I'm okay with that too.

Lower Body
    1/ Leg Extensions 3x10x60#
    +10# increase…goal 70

2/ BB Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10x 30#
    Same…..next week I may try to go up on these but keep the same weight for exercise 1

3/ Walking BB Lunges 3x10eax45#
    +5# increase and switched over to the EZ bar for this one

4/ 45 Degree Leg Press, Narrow Stance 3x10x180# or 170# on machine that starts off at 80#
    Same…next week I’ll try and add.

5/ SLDL 3x10x85#
    Same - Plan on leaving these alone…95# strains my abs

6/ Sumo BB Squat 3x10x50#
    Same – Plan on leaving these alone too

7/ Seated Leg Curl 3x10x65#
    +10# increase but I don’t think it was real since I was on a diff brand of machine at a diff gym and this is the machine that doesn’t fit w/my body very well.

8/ BB Glute Bridge off Bench (My own sub for seated and standing calf raises) 3x10x40# with one second hold at top
    I definitely could go heavier on these next time. I’m just worried about the setup w/heavier weight. In the past I used this weight but did triple the reps. My goal is to be like chocochick

9/ Glute Machine 3x10eax87.5#
    New exercise & it’s my own add-in (two extra glute exercises to replace the calf work which I don’t need). I started at 100# but had to drop…so that’s my goal. In mylast lower body session I only did glute bridges.

Extra:I love my zumba class! Some are more "hip hop style" but this one is defintely on the latin side. I'm trying to hone my samba skills...I'm okay when I do it really slow, but when they speed it up I start spazzing out and I think it just looks like I gotta pee really bad. I've been watchingthis vid which does a really good job breaking down the move. I'll be so excited when I get it down and then I'm taking my a$$ to Brazil for Carnival (bucket list)!

~It's Your World, POPS

orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    congrats on the increases....lots of them on that session. Also props to you for doing an hour of zumba after a good hard leg session.

Curious question as to the dates posted on the workouts....was this workout done today or last week?
    Kevin

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
    Jim Rohn

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice job! Numbers are going up, up, up...

I am way too spazzy to do any sort of dance cardio.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you! No never heard of that site but that dish looks delish and reminded me of this bowl thing I used to order at chipotle. Im going to try it! I'm obsessed with crockpot recipes now! Who doesn't want to come home to dinner already ready?!??
    I forgot to say, the first time I made it I used the recommended amount of Cayenne Pepper and it was way too hot. I don't mind hot, but it was can't taste it hot. I used 1/4 teaspoon the next time and it was tasty.

Nice workout! Not that I would be any better at Latin style than Hip Hop, but I've only tried one that ended up being Hip Hop and I slid on out of there after 20 minutes of awkwardness.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

I'm back!
    Goal: Lose 10 lbs by October 31. Currently 130 lbs - I'm at my heaviest point in a very long time. Focus on losing body fat and tightening up legs.
    Workout: 2 leg days, 1-2 zumba days, 1 yoga day, 2 turbo kick box days but thinking of dropping to 1 day and taking golf lessons, 3 days 15 min fasted jog first thing am, 1-2 days of treadmill hiit (I dread hiit but tifflex and ironcamp will be my motivation since they seem to get it in.)

In August, I did these two leg workouts by Nicole Wilkens and Adela Garcia. They were fairly high rep and made for long workouts. I need to find two new routines for the month of September so I'm about to go digging into my magazine archive.

Last edited by bebeklein; 09-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    I'm back!
    Goal: Lose 10 lbs by October 31. Currently 130 lbs - I'm at my heaviest point in a very long time. Focus on losing body fat and tightening up legs.
    Workout: 2 leg days, 1-2 zumba days, 1 yoga day, 2 turbo kick box days but thinking of dropping to 1 day and taking golf lessons, 3 days 15 min fasted jog first thing am, 1-2 days of treadmill hiit (I dread hiit but tifflex and ironcamp will be my motivation since they seem to get it in.)

In August, I did these two leg workouts by Nicole Wilkens and Adela Garcia. They were fairly high rep and made for long workouts. I need to find two new routines for the month of September so I'm about to go digging into my magazine archive.

Welcome back!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Thanks HHG!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Monday 9.3.12
    No workout, enjoyed holiday
    Total cals: 1627 69p/140c/85f

0n weekends I sometimes only eat two larger meals which means my overall protein is lower than during the work week. Otherwise my protein is in the 80-100 range which is less than what it's been in the past since i don't drink protein shakes and my snacks and breakfast are on the lighter side. I would say I average 25-30g per meal.

Breakfast: cheesy egg scramble with ham and onions, toast with strawberry preserves.

Not really lunch but I made this kahlua spiked mocha latte.....which was a fail .....I think I was hoping for an iced Starbucks mocha frapuccino with kahlua but it never reached greatness. Think it was the ice part that disappointed. I'd rather just pour kahlua in a cup of coffee. Now I have all these espresso cream ice cubes....I'm either gonna melt them into my coffee or I may melt and add to greek yogurt

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/20...n_mocha_lattes

Dinner: love that this meal is ready in 10 minutes. Trader joes turkey burger, sautéed spinach and salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, marinated artichokes, three kalamata olives and a dash of trader joe's fat free balsamic.)

Snacks: 2 peaches

normally I get my workouts from fitnessrx or Muscle and fitness hers, but I was on pinterest looking for workout motivation and found this 8-Week Bikini Ready Legs and Butt Program. It's two leg workouts and a second pair for month two. Exactly what Im looking for.
    http://blog.shareitfitness.com/2011/.../#.UEbg16N5mSN

Last edited by bebeklein; 09-05-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

My morning work week routine: Nutty oatmeal and multiple choice protein a) turkey bacon, b) hard boiled eggs or c) camera shy mozzarella prosciutto

Last edited by bebeklein; 09-05-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

My shopping and gym buddy. Love me some Note Everything!

~It's Your World, POPS

Tuesday 9.4.12
    Zumba Workout, 1 hr – still need to work on my samba moves
    Total cals: 1278 cals 80p/155c/42f

Breakfast: Oatmeal and walnuts….in a rush and didn’t have time for protein

Lunch: Spring Power Salad w/Trader Joe’s Parmesan Ranch (make ahead and store in my own DIY salad shaker…thank you pinterest for the idea) and Amy’s Organic Split Pea Soup. I sub shrimp for the salmon and add in a hard boiled egg and tomatoes.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spri...0400000119972/

Snack:
    apple

Post Workout Snack: 7:15pm Noshed on a White Chocolate Macademia Luna Bar while checking out at Trader Joe’s

Dinner: Trader Joe’s Pot Roast w/left over Rice a Roni Spanish Rice, Carrots, and a Peach

SparkPeople says I’m on track for 1lb loss for the week:

Last edited by bebeklein; 09-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

My googling skills saved the day! This morning my boyfriends gear shift was stuck in park and it looked like he was about to go nowhere. I googled and literally had the answer in two minutes. I told him to go get a long screwdriver and remove the plate cover and then use the screwdriver to toggle this cable to the left. And it totally worked! Big thanks to Fahad for writing up all this stuff! http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=77641

I know pretty much next to nothing about cars and my boyfriend likes to make fun of me because I will practically google everything. So I asked him, I did good huh, and he said yeah, you did good. My zip code is cloud nine right now and I don't think there will be any more teasing of this kind for bebe!

Meanwhile, until he gets in with the dealer, he is riding around with a screwdriver and flashlight in his car just in case.

I wonder if anyone has used google to do truly amazing things....like deliver a baby...I guess there is 911 for that kind of thing....but prior to this some of my best googling AHA moments involve great discoveries like pantyhose removes deodorant stains from clothes or an eraser removes scuffs from cork shoes.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

~It's Your World, POPS

Asspiration
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Wednesday 9.5.12
    -12 min jog around block first thing in am…..it’s not quite a mile…I’m not really much of a runner but it’s the effort that counts
    -45 minute Day 1 of Leg Workout
    -1 hour of zumba
    Total cals: 1295 cals 99p/128c/47f

Breafast: Oatmeal and walnuts, slice of mozzarella prosciutto, nonfat yogurt shake with leftover Mocha latte mix….this was yucky…too tangy...I blame it on the yogurt. I’ll have to use these espresso cream cubes in my coffee instead.

Lunch: Same Spring Power Salad w/Trader Joe’s Parmesan Ranch as yesterday and homemade Kale and Vegetable soup.

I make this recipe and then freeze it in jumbo muffin tins and then transfer to a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer. I think I can credit Martha Stewart for the idea. I cook up a batch once every two months are so.

http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2...kale-soup.html

Preworkout snack: peach and a hardboiled egg

Postworkout snack: ½ Trader Joe’s Greek Style Lowfat Plain Yogurt, strawberries and a packet of stevia…this is my treat! It tastes really decadent almost like whip cream and has a whopping 22g of protein per cup. It’s the reason my protein was higher for the day.

Dinner: ½ homemade beef taco (I’m the only one that eats leftovers) and 93% lean ground beef patty topped with tomato & pickle, 2nd peach of the day for desert…..I’ll be eating a lot of peaches since I bought a case from Trader Joe’s. I know this is the season finale for summer fruit.

Workout:

I was very excited to do this leg workout. I have a whole slew of workouts that I’ve saved from magazines but I haven’t been excited to do them lately, so I was definitely in need of something fresh.

Squats: I haven’t done standard squats in a long time, so it felt really good to be back at it, but I definitely noticed a loss in strength. I was struggling on the last couple of reps.
    Bench Jumps: Also a struggle. In past workouts, I don’t recall ever going above 20 in a set, so those last 5 really mattered. Hopefully I’ll pick up speed as I progress.
    DLs: It didn’t say SLDL, but that’s how I did them. And I prefer BB instead of DBs, but I’ll do as instructed. I get my wish in month 2 when they have me switch to the BB.
    Lunges: In August, my routines called for oodles of lunges…like 4 sets of 40-60, so I needed a break and did the static kind and no pushing off.
    Calf Raises: I don’t need this so I’m going to swap with a glute exercise, probably the donkey kickback machine. Zumba was about to start so I didn’t have time to sub.
    Overall impression: I liked the workout a good mixture and it made me sweat. Plus it's a very quick 40 minute workout with 5 min treadmill warmup.

Sadly, I choked on my samba move at zumba again, even though I spent about 15 minutes watching youtube vids & practicing right before going to the gym. I ended up doing my have to go pee dance. Maybe I’ll spend 5 or 10 minutes a day doing this while watching TV.

So I normally spend my Wednesdays at a rooftop poolside yoga class that I skipped for gym time instead. And although my samba sucks right now, I make up for it in yoga because just last week I reached one of my goals and figured out the Eka Pada Koundinyasana. Arm balancing poses just make you feel badass, they really do. So I got a little yoga in today, in between sets, and practiced my eka pada koundinyasana. And for some reason that word reminds me of the Hawaiian fish with the long name humuhumunukunukuapuaa.

I did an extra long workout including a mini am bonus run so my overall stats looked good. I didn’t work out this last weekend on Sunday or Monday, so I needed to make up a little something, plus I’m going to a party this Sunday and cocktails will be involved.

Last edited by bebeklein; 09-06-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

In honor of the first football Sunday I will be making these skins tomorrow

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2430
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Thursday 9.6.12
    -5 min jog, 10 min of outdoor sprint intervals at 9pm…..I had an entirely different Plan A (Insanity) and B (Spin class) for a workout but the powers that be conspired against me. But something at the end of the day is better than nothing
    Total cals: 1242 cals 101p/124c/44f
    Weight: Here is my starting weight 129 (Although I could've sworn it said 128 the very first time. So of course I subsequently stepped on the scale at least 5 times after trying to get it to go back to 128!).

A little disappointing for me. I want to be at 124 by end of September so I'll really have to work hard at it. In August I started tracking my meals since I planned on journaling but when I didn't start the journal I stopped tracking meals/cals and then I stop seeing progress . So that's why I'm back in here again. I just seem to do much better when I track my food, and I'll only do it if I'm journaling....silly me

Breakfast: Oatmeal and walnuts.
    -I’m light on breakfast only when I’m running late. But even when I eat light, I’m never starving by lunch. I used to be one of those people who skipped breakfast. I’m never really hungry until noon, but I have breakfast because I know I should.

Lunch: Tuna Melt, glass of milk, for desert I sautéed a banana in olive oil, sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon, and then I had a peach since I’m trying to whittle away at the case I brought from Trader Joe's.

I found this tuna melt recipe on Goodhousekeepings site and it tastes the best out of all the ones I’ve tried. And it’s one of the few recipes that’s so simple I can rely on memory, no recipe card.
    -I use dill rye orowheat bread which I think is key to the overall flaor. I just wish I could find a better quality rye bread.
    -I enjoy sandwiches, so I make them diet friendly by making them open-faced whenever possible.
    -I spray one slice of bread with a little olive oil and then grill it on a George Foreman. While that’s toasting, I mix all the ingredients and by that time my bread is crispy with grill marks. So I pull the bread out and top it with the tuna mixture then I top with mozzarella which is much lighter than the cheddar that the recipe calls for, and pop it in a toaster oven for 1 minute or 2. Super easy, super quick, and yummy!
    -I've recently switched over to Starkist tuna pouches to avoid BPA in cans (there's somewhat of a debate on that and I'm not quite sure what to believe. $$ wise there's not a big difference and I eat tuna probably at least once a week so I'd rather be safe. But then I worry about mercury levels and wonder if I shouldn't just switch to a better brand altogether. My concern about mercury is why I stopped buying the albacore (larger fish), I tend to work my panties in a bunch about these things! Maybe I should look into Wil Planet Tuna
    http://www.treehugger.com/green-food...free-cans.html
    http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/vera_tw...15/376057.html
    "Shopping Tips
    Seafood Watch at the Monterey Bay Aquarium offers a science-based list of tuna and other fish that are good for you and the environment. You can check out its Super Green List here.
    When shopping for low-mercury, high-omega-3 tuna, look for these details on labels:
    • The location where the fish was caught: “Pacific albacore” (United States or Canada) or “U.S. caught.”
    • The method of fishing: “troll-caught” or “pole-caught.”
    • Hand packed: Most tuna is cooked before being canned, making it easier to mechanically clean, but removing much, if not most of the beneficial fat. (And then another, less healthy type of oil or water is added.)
    • No added oil, water, or preservatives on the ingredients list.
    • Per 2-ounce serving, not less than about 5 grams of total fat.
    Some U.S. tuna brands that fit these criteria include High Seas, Island Trollers, and Wild Planet.'

-I tried the Carrot-Raisin Salad that accompanied this recipe and didn’t like it. I remember my grandmother making a similar dish and I sometimes like to make her dishes...I guess it’s sort of my way of remembering her….like placing flowers at her site. So I searched for similar recipe and found this one with pineapple. I didn’t make it today because I had a banana going ripe on me. But normally, I like my tuna melts with the carrot dish. It’s very easy to make if you buy the preshredded carrots and I use light mayo and a packet of stevia instead of the sugar to lighten it.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/reci...isin-salad-563

http://www.food.com/recipe/carrot-an...neapple-103254

Snack: Two slices of mozzarella prosciutto

Dinner: Started off with my go to salad – Spring Lettuce, Tomatoes, Marinated Artichokes, Cucumbers with Trader Joe’s nonfat balsamic vinaigrette. Grilled chicken breast seasoned with salt, cumin, and black pepper…topped with sautéed tomatoes and onions with same seasonings…side of sautéed spinach

-Sometimes I’ll make a salad first and eat it and then finish making dinner. I think it helps me feel fuller.
    -I used to be a dark meat kind of girl, so when I first learned how to cook chicken breast & season it, I found this recipe from a fellow bber in one of those threads how do you cook chicken breast. It’s been a favorite of mine ever since. I’m drawn to simple but only if it’s tasty.

Report Card: B

In order to drop a pound a week I need a 500 calorie deficit
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-09-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

happier than a bodybuilder directing traffic....love hairtwirling lady!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

It’s official! I’m gonna be a golfer ☺

I bought these Footjoy boa golf shoes. No laces. Instead there’s a knob that tightens/loosens an aircraft grade stainless steel wire. They are comfy and I don’t have to worry about my laces coming undone. I so need shoes like that for my Zumba and Turbo Kickboxing classes…I have to double tie or else!

~It's Your World, POPS

Day 5 - Friday 9.7.12
    -15 min intervals on treadmill – 4.0 incline 7.5 30 sec sprint/3.0 1 min walk
    -45 minute elliptical
    Total cals: 1682 cals 114p/150c/77f

Very proud of myself for getting in a workout after work. For a Friday, I’m averaging maybe 30% of the time. And very proud for getting in an interval workout. I still dread em, which I never did before, but I was lighter then too.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and walnuts, slice of mozzarella prosciutto.

Lunch: Trader Joes Latin Style Black Bean Soup with Trader Joe’s Just Grilled Chicken Strips mixed in, a dollop of greek yogurt and 5 corn fritos. My goto salad – tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, cucumbers and trader joe’s nonfat balsamic vinaigrette.

Now I’ve put together this soup before – sort of like a chicken tortilla soup that I don’t have to make, but it was really hard for me to finish. I usually have this as a side soup and as a main entrée it didn’t taste good. It was too overpowering or spicy or something that I can’t put my finger on. But I’m gonna have to downgrade this back to a side or perhaps even nix.

Dinner: This was a bizarre combo but by the time I got home from the gym it was 8:30 and I wasn’t very hungry, but I had a hardboiled egg, lowfat greek yogurt with 1 peach, and then a Luna White Chocolate Macademia because I felt like a treat.

Now if I had stopped there, my numbers would’ve been great. Between 11:30 and 1:30am I ate another 540 calories!!

11pm: My second Luna White Chocolaate Macademia bar! It was lying on my nightstand. I don’t think I would’ve devoured it if it hadn’t been out but I’m worried about this Luna addiction I’m developing!

1:30am: Salame and Provolone Cheese Snack Pack that I bought for my boyfriend to take to work so he has something easy to grab because he is always skipping meals. And I put the meat/cheese duet on about 8 Trader Joe’s social snacker crackers….sigh….I guess I need a plan for times like this. No point in really eating before going to bed. Next time I think I’ll just warm up a glass of milk with vanilla and stevia.

Report Card: B- I only made it halfway to my 500 calorie day deficit!

I need to break my addiction!
    [img]http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/fc7f904efbc511e18e5722000a1e8abd_6.jpg/img]
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-12-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

I need to remember this. Shoes and clothes are better human treats!
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Day 6 Saturday 9.8.12
    - 1 hour golf class on empty stomach
    Total cals: 1735 cals 70p/189c/59f

So today was my first day of golf lessons at a local community college. I think I have potential, so this is exciting.

But as I was waiting in a gym for the instructor to show up, a volleyball tournament was going on and I have to say the girls ranged from thin to thick, but they all had AMAZING LEGS and they seemed bigger than what I’ve seen on TV. So I decided to google volleyball workouts and came up with a couple. I really like the jump training and jump rope. I need to work this in some how, somewhere, some way!

http://www.vbclinics.com/docs/sugges...ll_players.pdf
    http://www.websterathletics.com/spor...px?path=wvball

Breakfast: No need for this. I ate 540 calories between 11 – 2am the night before.

Snack: As soon as golf was over munched on Tres Fruits. Equal parts apple, banana, and grapes drizzled with lemon juice. I love to make this ahead of time, 1 of each, and keep on hand as a ready-made snack that gives me three servings.

Lunch: Roasted Squash, Tomato & Red Onion Medley and Baked Chicken Breast with Stewed Peaches. (Still working through my case of peaches)

-The chicken dish is a recipe from my Pump Energy cookbook, but I pan-sear or George foreman grill (yes that is a verb) my chicken to speed up the process and I find peaches stew in way less than 20 minutes. Funny, I actually prefer this dish when I use frozen peaches but it's really yummy either way
    -Fitness magazine taught me how to oven roast vegetables. It’s so easy now, I don’t even need a recipe card. Spices are easy – salt & pepper. I use a misto spray can filled with olive oil to spray the vegetables and the aluminum foil which keeps it light. Set oven to 400 remove in 15!

Chicken Recipe: http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/hea...aches/~default
    What got me hooked on roasted vegetables: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/worko...t-2009/?page=4

Snack: Jumbo Jack with Cheese. Just the burger no meal with fries was a whopping 690 calories. I could eat 3 Luna bars at this price. (He was hungry and I took a bite out of the proverbial apple. Sigh….. I hardly eat fast food. Maybe 3 times a year….Oh well, moving on.)

Dinner: Went to a party and ate a hotdog no bun, kale salad and two glasses of wine. Not bad for a party.

Pre-Bed: 2 peaches and I’m ok with my current peach addiction. But I think I munched on some things later that night that I forgot to record ☹

Report Card: C
    I just maintained today. I had wanted to do a cardio workout so it wasn’t just golf but not enough hours in the day to fit everything in.

~It's Your World, POPS

~It's Your World, POPS

I'm gettng this Save Your Do Gymwrap that Nicole Ari Parker created. I have naturally curly hair...although more wavy as I've grown older....that of course I like to wear straight, and I sweat like crazy when I workout. It basically loos like Nike-Dri Fit for your hair!

http://www.theroot.com/views/single-...our-do-gymwrap

"The gym wrap isn't an anti-perspirant, so in no way does it stop you from sweating. Instead, the three layers of "anti-wicking" material in the wrap function to "grab" sweat before it wets your hair, allow heat to escape and let cool air in. Parker also added a bonus: sateen fabric on the inside of the headband that keeps hair smooth, much like the satin pillowcases or wraps that many black women sleep with at night."
    ~It's Your World, POPS

I've solved my white chocolate macadamia addiction. it's called is settling for second best
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

Sunday 9.9.12
    -10 min elliptical trainer warmup
    -50 min Day 2 of Leg Workout
    Total cals: 1640 cals 82p/196c/61f

Breakfast:
    oatmeal with walnuts in a slice of prosciutto. I never get oatmeal burnout it's amazing!

Post workout snack: luna white chocolate macadamia while checking out at Trader Joes & shopping for the potato skins recipe

Lunch: I followed the Whole Foods recipe (see post # 48) for the chicken stuffed potato skins. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post945711023
    I'm torn about the recipe tho.
    - For starters it was a little tedious to scoop out the potato. I had to use a very small grapefruit sized spoon.
    - Then I had to switch up the recipe because I didn't realize it doesn’t use the inside of the potato and I wanted to use it. So I ended up adding about 3 tablespoons of smart buttery spread to the potato filling and then some of the sour cream/salsa mixture as well.
    - Then I wasn't sure how I felt about the salsa which gave it a more Spanish flavor. I was expecting a more traditional twice baked potato. But later on I tried it without the salsa and decided it was actually better with salsa.
    - I ended up cooking way too many onions. Also, don’t think I would season it with cumin again. Salt and pepper would be better me thinks. I do like cumin tho, but don’t think it works in this recipe. Left a tangy taste.
    - In the end, I do think I like the recipe and will keep it. There were plenty of leftovers and it was nice to come home to a premade snack that was ready in the microwave in a minute.

The best part of this recipe however, was that I learned how to make oven roasted chicken by following the instructions on YummyLife. Even though she recommends using breasts with skin & bone, mine was skinless and boneless and it turned out perfect. Moist and Juicy! I think the key is really to let the meat rest after baking. Since I only made 1 boneless breast I baked mine for only 20 or 25 minutes and let it rest 20 minutes, not even the full 30 in the recipe because I was in a hurry.

http://www.theyummylife.com/preparing_roasted_chicken

Another website suggests covering up with aluminum foil if using skinless breasts so I may try that next time! Both of them were following Ina Garten’s method from Food Network.

http://simpledailyrecipes.com/129/ro...icken-breasts/

Then I had an orange creamsicle smoothie, which is basically 1/2 c nonfat milk, 1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 c nonfat yogurt, vanilla & stevia blended.

Dinner: 2 peaches. I was still full from lunch which I ate around 3 or 4pm

I’m not sure if my calorie calculations were correct on the Skin recipe. I had 5 skins or the equivalent of 2 ½ potatoes, but they were REALLY REALLY SMALL. The calorie calculator said the meal was 970 cals, and the potato portion itself, no butter sour cream, cheese etc came to 400 cals. Just didn’t seem right, but then again, I was hungry at dinner time.

2nd Day of Leg Workout from 8 Week Bikini Ready Legs and Butt

http://blog.shareitfitness.com/2011/...ikini-program/

- I did leg extensions on the machine. I wouldn’t even know how to do leg extensions on an exercise ball, and even if I did I don’t think it would be very challenging.
    - I like to use the 45 degree leg press, but it was occupied so I used the machine that you sit upright that’s usually in the circuit series.
    -I skipped the calf raises. I don’t work my calves so I’m going to find a substitute – probably a glute exercise of some kind.
    -Overall I liked the workout

Report Card: B - Little shy of my 500 cal deficit for 1 lb loss per week

I was a little high on cals, but it was football Sunday and I wanted to make some skins. An extra 30 min of cardio after my leg workout would’ve been ideal.

~It's Your World, POPS

Week 1 Recap 9/3 – 9/10, Monday - Sunday

Week 1 Recap 9/3 – 9/9, Monday - Sunday
    Starting Weight: 129 lbs
    Cals:

Day 1: 1,627
    Day 2: 1,279
    Day 3: 1,295
    Day 4: 1,242
    Day 5: 1,682
    Day 6: 1,735
    Day 7: 1,642

Avg Cals: 1,500

Workout:
    Day 1: no workout
    Day 2: 60 min Zumba 320 cals
    Day 3: 112 min 12 min run/45 min Leg Workout/55 min Zumba 653 cals
    Day 4: 15 min 15 min intervals 80 cals
    Day 5: 60 min 15 min intervals/45 min elliptical 440 cals
    Day 6: 60 min Golf 187 cals
    Day 7: 60 min Leg Workout 384 cals

Avg Workout: 52 min/294 cals

Notes:
    -Avg Cals below my BMR which is good, but I would prefer being in the 1350-1400 range
    -Only went out/ate out once this week and had 2 drinks, which is good for me. Doesn’t get any better than this.
    -Good girl for getting in 2 interval sessions!
    -Missed out on 1 yoga class during the week
    -Avg Workout 52 min/294 cals. I really need to be burning closer to 500 cals a day which means I need to increase my workouts by 30 minutes to 1.5 hours a day. Plus I didn’t work out one day.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-16-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS

[B]Day 8 Monday 9.10.12[/B]

Day 8 Monday 9.10.12
    -20 min run am fasted
    -40 min elliptical trainer
    -55 min Zumba
    Total cals: 1971 cals 97p/208c/89f TOTAL OVERLOAD

- Where I went wrong was a very large afternoon snack that was more like a full meal. I had to end the day with double duty cardio and came out okay.

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal with walnuts, hard boiled egg, slice of mozzarella prosciutto…357 cals

Snack: Starbucks tall non fat latte…100 cals

Lunch: (On the go – fits in purse and I didn’t prepare anything ahead of time) – Smuckers Uncrustable Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich. I really buy these for my boyfriend. I don’t like them because it has high fructose corn syrup, but when I’m in a pinch I will eat them.
    - Peach Basil, and Mozzarella Salad which is absolutely yummy and so easy to make. I will make 2 servings ahead of time. I also buy basil in a tube which lasts a good 2-3 months and tastes fresh. And I use Trader Joe’s cigliene mozzarella balls (6 for the recipe)
    - ….371 cals total

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recip...179/index.html

Snack or AKA DINNER??:
    Cliff Mojo Chocolate Almond Coconut,
    Luna White Chocolate Macademia Bar
    1/2 Tuna Sandwich from Subway that my boyfriend didn’t want to finish
    ….665 calories! (This is where I went all bad. I ate two bars and the rest of someone else lunch. Reminder to self: I’m not a garbage disposal and no need to double up on anything unless it's cardio )

Postworkout or AKA dinner: I tried to go lite consider the meal I ate before.
    2 chicken stuffed potato skins leftover from Sunday
    2 peaches
    …478 cals total ….but I still think the calorie calculation for the skins is too high

Report Card: B+
    I had a high calorie day that was partially redeemed by lots of cardio!
    Last edited by bebeklein; 09-16-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    ~It's Your World, POPS