By any means necessary. riqosuave's Avatar
    riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up A College Student's Journey To Becoming A Competitve Bodybuilder

Greetings, this thread will act as my Blog of my Journey to becoming a Natural Competitive Bodybuilder. I'm a sophomore in college, 19 years old and haven't been bodybuilding seriously for too long. With a combination of good genetics, and a good understanding of bodybuilding, I get amazing gains and make very fast progress. I took a few months off from diet and even working out all together, which put my motivation and physique at an all time low. But I am making this thread in order to help stay motivated, get back to my outstanding gains, and finally become able to compete in natural bodybuilding competitions within a few months- a year.

Hopefully in this thread, you guys can help me achieve my goals, and I can also inspire/help others to achieve theirs.

Right now i'm standing in at 5'7/157 lbs/11% bodyfat, and haven't lifted a weight or hit my macros in 2 whole months. Before the two months I had finished my first cut to 162 lbs 10% bodyfat. Since I haven't bulked or gained weight in a good 8 months, my body should be highly receptive to gains in both strength and size. Optimistically, I am thinking about competing at a middle weight amateur division around 165-170 lbs competition state.

I am supplementing with
    1)Opti-Men multi-vitamin,
    2)fish oil,
    3)some extra b-vitamins,
    4) occasional glutamine pills,
    5) Serious Mass weight gainer
    6) and Creatine in about 2 months

Other that that, everything else is just hitting my Macros, which is always good enough.

I think I will be bulking (pretty lean) to about 185 then start my comp cut.

Any advice, questions, suggestions, or comments (positive or constructive criticism) are all welcome.

I will be updating this thread with things from progress made/achievements.. to important knowledge I acquire in bodybuilding; and how it feels during it all. Thanks and enjoy the journey

-RS
    Last edited by riqosuave; 01-23-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." - Eric Thomas

Eat Big, Lift Big, Get Big: My Journal Until My 1st Competition *Follow Now*

riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pictures

The end of my cut at about 161 lbs on Halloween (costume)

The other 3 are after some additional size was ,around where I am right now.

My lifts after my cut were:

1 rep 265-275 bench press @ 5'7 160 lbs

squat not sure but probably 185 x 8

dead lift 225 x 12

My legs are the body part that I will develop the most, as you can see from my lifts.
    Attached Images
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." - Eric Thomas

and now the journey starts!

opti-men
    omega 3s
    creatine monohydrate
    serious mass

20% surplus

lifts are at an all time low. its time to show everyone and myself what im made of!