Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What is a recomp, compared to a bulk

I've recently posted a thread on if i should bulk for 2months most members said i should try recomping. i know very little on this and I've looked on google and such and havnt seen much on it either, could someone give me how to make a diet plan for recomping for the 1month i will be doing it...

stats
    currently
    2000 calories a day 500-600 defecit
    been cutting for 15months
    6,1 195lbs
    I believe my maintenance is right around 2300-2500
    Most of defecit is made from weight lifting and on off days i just eat 500 less...

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Recomping is essentially eating at maintenance. Bodyweight stays the same, body composition (hopefully) gradually changes.

Some people prefer to fluctuate intake so that you eat more on training days and less on rest days but you can also just intake at maintenance daily.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Comboking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    Recomping is essentially eating at maintenance. Bodyweight stays the same, body composition (hopefully) gradually changes.

Some people prefer to fluctuate intake so that you eat more on training days and less on rest days but you can also just intake at maintenance daily.
    Thanks, this will help me loads

fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fmurphy92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So recomping and clean bulking are 2 different things?

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Comboking View Post
    Thanks, this will help me loads
    One very important thing to note is that recomping is very slow. For most people its spinning wheels and not getting anything done. Its significantly faster to bulk then cut than recomping. Recomps are more for people at low BFs who really just want to "tone" their current physique and/or fill out slightly while they do it. It also requires a very accurate diet. I would just bulk/cut unless you are pretty close to your ideal weight/physique.

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fmurphy92 View Post
    So recomping and clean bulking are 2 different things?
    Yes. Clean bulking is bulking with controlled calories, limiting fat gain. You are still gaining weight. Recomping is keeping the same weight, but training in a way where hopefully you lose a little fat and gain a little bit of muscle.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    Yes. Clean bulking is bulking with controlled calories, limiting fat gain. You are still gaining weight. Recomping is keeping the same weight, but training in a way where hopefully you lose a little fat and gain a little bit of muscle.
    just to add, recomping is likely going to be a painfully long process. this is why most ppl will either cut or bulk, yes more muscle will be lost or fat gained, respectively with the two. but they are more time efficient

Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    One very important thing to note is that recomping is very slow. For most people its spinning wheels and not getting anything done. Its significantly faster to bulk then cut than recomping. Recomps are more for people at low BFs who really just want to "tone" their current physique and/or fill out slightly while they do it. It also requires a very accurate diet. I would just bulk/cut unless you are pretty close to your ideal weight/physique.
    well I'm just recomping because I've been cutting for 15months and i need a break because I'm starting to over eat during the night... then I'm going to cut another 20-30lbs

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like a good plan. Learning to maintain weight porperly is just as critical as learning to lose weight.

That's been a long cut for you. How much did you lose?
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. Learning to maintain weight porperly is just as critical as learning to lose weight.

That's been a long cut for you. How much did you lose?
    i lost about 95lbs total but the majority of my weight feel off from april 2011-september 2011 about 65lbs... Every day during the summer was
    3hrs b ball
    1hour weight lift
    75min bike ride (25-35k a day)

but now since winter is here I've only managed to lose 12-15lbs since september which is very disappointing, due to not being able to go outside and exercise because to cold and i got a job in september so I havnt been going to the gym the days i work...and i still gotta lose 20-30lbs because I'm still chubby unfortunately..