mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up REVIEW: Muscle Pharm: Assault

Hello all,

this is my first in-depth review of any supplement on this forum and I will try my best to review the product in order to help you decide if this is a product for you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask as I would always like to know the most I can before I purchase a product. We all hear the manufactures claim their product as being the best, but it is always better to hear what a customer has to say.

I will be reviewing Muscle Pharm's Assault pre-workout product. Before I begin I want to mention that this is the new version of Assault as I took the old one and was not satisfied. More specifically, it gave me pretty bad stomach aches and I decided to give it away after 2 uses. I decided to try it again after speaking with a Muscle Pharm rep who claimed that I would most likely not get stomach aches. Next thing you know, I was on bodybuilding.com looking at Assault again. I have since finished the bottle as of this week and decided to review.

The new Assault I purchased was this one http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...m/assault.html in the Orange Mango flavor. I have tried so many different pre-workout products and they all seem to be similar in flavors. This flavor caught my attention because I haven't seen any flavor like it. This is something different from the fruit punch and blue raspberry flavors of the world.

Regarding the ingredients, I will not go into detail since you can click on the link above and see the ingredients yourself. I am a fan of BCAAs and this product has 6 grams per serving. This product also contains creatine and beta-alanine which doesn't seem to hurt me either. =]

Mixability 9/10: Assault mixes pretty good for being a hefty amount of product per serving (23 grams). This might be due to the fact that MP says to mix it with 14-16 oz of water. I saw minor sticking on the cup but almost all of the product went down with my water. I have seen products that are horrible when it comes to mixing. This isn't one of those products.

Taste 9/10: The taste of this product is amazing. Like I said earlier, it is a break from all the 'traditional' pre-workout flavors. You can taste the mango more than the orange in my opinion. Maybe it should be Mango Orange...-_- I actually enjoy drinking the 14 oz instead of gulping it down with a sour face like I do other products. Drink it with cold water! Tastes a lot better.

Energy/Focus 8/10: After taking the whole bottle, I can say that this product delivered a lot more after a couple of initial servings. At first I didn't really feel much energy even though I was doing some good lifting at the gym. After taking it about 3 or 4 times, I noticed that I didn't get that 'rush' I got from some other pre-workout concentrate products. I felt a good flow of energy and more than that I felt a great focus. I felt a bit more relaxed and noticed that I can have a good focused workout. I think that this steady energy helped me work out better than when I have a big rush of energy... which usually comes with a crash.

Pump 8/10: I think that the pump that came from this product was due to the fact that I was focusing more on each rep and was able to contract the muscle a lot more which gave me a pump. My veins were not bulging out of control just by drinking this, but i felt my muscles getting a nice, tight feeling when I focused and contracted.

Price 9/10: If you think that this product isn't cheap, you are correct. It isn't cheap as compared to other pre-workouts. You can buy something cheaper but you get what you pay for. This product has good amounts of ingredients that are proven to help you, such as BCAAs, beta-alanine, and creatine. I give this a solid 9/10 because you are paying a small premium for a premium product.

Other thoughts: I usually work out at night, 9:30pm- 11pm, and I can say that I come home tired, I shower and fall asleep. I have had other products that have me rolling in bed until 3am. For those peeps who go to the gym at night, you don't have to worry to much about taking this product at night.

Overall: I am satisfied! But like always, you have to work hard in order to see a difference!
    Isaiah 40: 6-8

"I was born a fortunate son, but I learned early on if you want to live you gotta suffer, you gotta be willing to bleed"- Ruiner

bell506 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Compared to other pre-workouts like MR1 and Pwr and C4 would you recommend it? i need something that gives me not only long released energy like you said but also something that i dont build a tolerance to before that container is done

mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mfbrian88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can see where you are coming from regarding 1MR. As for Assault, I actually felt it work a lot better towards the end of the tub, which is why I will be making another purchase soon. I would sometimes put 1.5 servings but it honestly felt the same as putting 1 serving so I stopped putting 1.5... I think that just plays with your head hah.
    Isaiah 40: 6-8

"I was born a fortunate son, but I learned early on if you want to live you gotta suffer, you gotta be willing to bleed"- Ruiner

kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenzievanosdol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the ba in it makes you ichy when you first take it lol