painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000)

Best Pandora stations for running / working out?

What do folks listen to while running and/or lifting?

I have a basement gym, so I usually haul down my laptop to record my numbers for lifting. Since that's down there I plug in a speaker system I have and play Pandora for random music. If I'm just running on the treadmill and not lifting, I'll use the Pandora app from my phone and do the same.

Right now I'm stuck on "Foo Fighters" radio. Just can't get enough of it. High energy, good music, get's me motivated.

Any other stations I should be listening to or at least give a try? Heck.... Does anyone else do this?
    Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i only listen to the channels i set up myself

SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by painthappy View Post
    What do folks listen to while running and/or lifting?

I have a basement gym, so I usually haul down my laptop to record my numbers for lifting. Since that's down there I plug in a speaker system I have and play Pandora for random music. If I'm just running on the treadmill and not lifting, I'll use the Pandora app from my phone and do the same.

Right now I'm stuck on "Foo Fighters" radio. Just can't get enough of it. High energy, good music, get's me motivated.

Any other stations I should be listening to or at least give a try? Heck.... Does anyone else do this?
    Pandora has a workout category where you might find something you like: http://www.pandora.com/#!/genres/workout
    I like high energy tunes for running, like Y Control by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs or It's Not Over Yet by Oakenfold (that's a great motivational song to end a run!) so I made stations from those songs. I find hip hop is good for lifting and like Flo Rida - Good Feeling is one that gets me going - so I made a station for that song and also for the artist.
    Like to watch? http://www.footiefinder.com
    Follow our progress in 2012 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141050081

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    i only listen to the channels i set up myself
    This.

I have a station called "Heavy Stuff" that runs everything from Dethklok to classic Iron Maiden.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    classic Iron Maiden.
    Epic Win. Love me some Iron Maiden. Totally jacks up the tempo and mind set in the gym... totally scares people from my desk while programming.
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's been a while since I've really used Pandora, since there were, at the time, better alternatives out there for my needs. How customizable is it now? How much control do you have over the songs being played? Is it still just a thumbs up/down based on songs they pick for you, or can you go in now and make multiple suggestions to narrow the field down?
    Sgt, USMC

inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50) inb4noodz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I listen to Muse radio while I run.

painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000) painthappy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by inb4noodz View Post
    I listen to Muse radio while I run.
    Not familiar with muse... Will have to look into it.

As for Pandora, still not that customizable. Thumbs up and down still. Not bad with a bit of work and a lot of thumbs down...
    Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by painthappy View Post
    Not familiar with muse... Will have to look into it.

As for Pandora, still not that customizable. Thumbs up and down still. Not bad with a bit of work and a lot of thumbs down...
    ????

set up your channel on the computer with the bands and or song you like it will match those songs with similar and the thumbs up or down will narrow it down more.

if you pick stuff that is not similar you will get all kinds of stuff thrown in as well so you need to pick similar music for each channel - and make sure you do not give a song a thumbs up just because you like the song if it does not fit in with that channel - make sense?

I have 6 channels set up

1 pretty mellow stuff
    2. u2 stuff
    3. rock
    4. harder rock
    5 old school rap - which i rarely listen to
    6. love songs ok not really love songs but songs for making love

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)

I heart Radio?

Pandora is good but in terms of customizing IMO I heart Radio is more customizable.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000) BigSnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    if you pick stuff that is not similar you will get all kinds of stuff thrown in as well so you need to pick similar music for each channel - and make sure you do not give a song a thumbs up just because you like the song if it does not fit in with that channel - make sense?
    I wish that I could, at least once, get it to play the song I entered as the seed song... For instance, if I put in something like Freebird, then it'll break off into .38 Special, some Neil Young, Molly Hatchet and even other Skynyrd songs, but it will never actually play Freebird. If I'm trying to build a station for working out and the song is one I entered because it really pumps me up, then obviously I want to hear that *at least* once...
    Sgt, USMC

Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    Pandora is good but in terms of customizing IMO I heart Radio is more customizable.
    I thought IHeartRadio was like TuneIn, where you could listen to radio stations from all over the US. You can use it to create your own station, like Pandora, with songs of your liking?
    Sgt, USMC

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BigSnacks View Post
    I thought IHeartRadio was like TuneIn, where you could listen to radio stations from all over the US. You can use it to create your own station, like Pandora, with songs of your liking?
    this is a new feature...try it am listening to now
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigSnacks View Post
    I wish that I could, at least once, get it to play the song I entered as the seed song... For instance, if I put in something like Freebird, then it'll break off into .38 Special, some Neil Young, Molly Hatchet and even other Skynyrd songs, but it will never actually play Freebird. If I'm trying to build a station for working out and the song is one I entered because it really pumps me up, then obviously I want to hear that *at least* once...

www.spotify.com
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Ascalonian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are the new work out stations on Pandora. I starred the ones I like to listen to

80′s Cardio – Billy Idol, Michael Jackson, Journey.

Alternative Endurance Training* – Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Sublime.

Classic Rock Power Workout*- AC/DC, Aerosmith, Queen.

Country Fitness – Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean.

Dance Cardio – Deadmau5, Tiesto, David Guetta.

Electronic Cardio – Daft Punk, Skrillex, Diplo.

Hard Rock Strength Training* – Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Disturbed.

Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout* – Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce.

Pop Fitness* – Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Train.

Rap Strength Training – Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Eminem.

Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine is Simple.

Viking Metal, Amon Amarth, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden, Nightwish (Cool downs), Apocalyptica (When I need to breath or control breathing). When I need to battle a rep

It changes though.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mine's pretty similar to Demonchylde's.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

I have my Pandora stations set up with six heavy metal stations because that's what I listen to most of the time, and I want the freedom to listen to what I want to listen to when the option skip runs out.

Here's a sample of what I've been listening to today.

Also, taxation is theft.

Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Demonchylde is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mine's pretty similar to Demonchylde's.
    Good man....good man!!!!

I have my Pandora stations set up with six heavy metal stations because that's what I listen to most of the time, and I want the freedom to listen to what I want to listen to when the option skip runs out.

Here's a sample of what I've been listening to today.

Yup...that's a really good mix up right there. Awesome stuff.