Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    ikennethx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definitely support this thread. PIPA and SOPA may be put down and away now but they'll return revised, with more support, and in different forms. So, we have to make sure we start spreading the word to people who don't know for the next time they try to pass a stupid bill like this again. Long live the internet and the right to free uncensored knowledge!

greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) greekoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    vERy informative.

CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CyzzBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Support this thread for sure.

ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccrunner25 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They are trying to pass ANOTHER act like SOPA (this time called ACTA). Sign this petition, it literally takes 10 seconds http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_...pread/?crokHcb

StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000) StayPerfect4Me is a complete loser! (-2000)
    can we add ACTA to the title/post

xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50) xHydro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StayPerfect4Me View Post
    can we add ACTA to the title/post
    This
    ****Training for Soccer****
    -Psalm 18:32-34-
    the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Infograph of SOPA day

Holdings: cepu, fdp, nilsy, nxe, ndgpy, tlrd, ogzpy, vedl, dgrly, gsh

rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50) rollo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    America, religion of freedom...
    Current weight: 144LBS / 12% BF
    Goal weight: who knows / 9% BF

DL: 375 x 1 raw
    BP: 240x1
    Front squat: 180x3
    Back squat: 200x4
    Dips: BW + 70LBS x 5
    Power clean: 170x1
    Snatch: 135x1

LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LizzieTish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://gizmodo.com/5877000/what-is-sopa

What Is SOPA?

If you hadn't heard of SOPA before, you probably have by now: Some of the internet's most influential sites—Reddit and Wikipedia among them—are going dark to protest the much-maligned anti-piracy bill. But other than being a very bad thing, what is SOPA? And what will it mean for you if it passes?

SOPA is an anti-piracy bill working its way through Congress...

House Judiciary Committee Chair and Texas Republican Lamar Smith, along with 12 co-sponsors, introduced the Stop Online Piracy Act on October 26th of last year. Debate on H.R. 3261, as it's formally known, has consisted of one hearing on November 16th and a "mark-up period" on December 15th, which was designed to make the bill more agreeable to both parties. Its counterpart in the Senate is the Protect IP Act (S. 968). Also known by its cuter-but-still-deadly name: PIPA. There will likely be a vote on PIPA next Wednesday; SOPA discussions had been placed on hold but will resume in February of this year.

...that would grant content creators extraordinary power over the internet...

The beating heart of SOPA is the ability of intellectual property owners (read: movie studios and record labels) to effectively pull the plug on foreign sites against whom they have a copyright claim. If Warner Bros., for example, says that a site in Italy is torrenting a copy of The Dark Knight, the studio could demand that Google remove that site from its search results, that PayPal no longer accept payments to or from that site, that ad services pull all ads and finances from it, and—most dangerously—that the site's ISP prevent people from even going there.
    ...which would go almost comedically unchecked...

Perhaps the most galling thing about SOPA in its original construction is that it let IP owners take these actions without a single court appearance or judicial sign-off. All it required was a single letter claiming a "good faith belief" that the target site has infringed on its content. Once Google or PayPal or whoever received the quarantine notice, they would have five days to either abide or to challenge the claim in court. Rights holders still have the power to request that kind of blockade, but in the most recent version of the bill the five day window has softened, and companies now would need the court's permission.

The language in SOPA implies that it's aimed squarely at foreign offenders; that's why it focuses on cutting off sources of funding and traffic (generally US-based) rather than directly attacking a targeted site (which is outside of US legal jurisdiction) directly. But that's just part of it.
    ...to the point of potentially creating an "Internet Blacklist"...

Here's the other thing: Payment processors or content providers like Visa or YouTube don't even need a letter shut off a site's resources. The bill's "vigilante" provision gives broad immunity to any provider who proactively shutters sites it considers to be infringers. Which means the MPAA just needs to publicize one list of infringing sites to get those sites blacklisted from the internet.

Potential for abuse is rampant. As Public Knowledge points out, Google could easily take it upon itself to delist every viral video site on the internet with a "good faith belief" that they're hosting copyrighted material. Leaving YouTube as the only major video portal. Comcast (an ISP) owns NBC (a content provider). Think they might have an interest in shuttering some rival domains? Under SOPA, they can do it without even asking for permission.

...while exacting a huge cost from nearly every site you use daily...

SOPA also includes an "anti-circumvention" clause, which holds that telling people how to work around SOPA is nearly as bad as violating its main provisions. In other words: if your status update links to The Pirate Bay, ******** would be legally obligated to remove it. Ditto tweets, YouTube videos, Tumblr or WordPress posts, or sites indexed by Google. And if Google, Twitter, Wordpress, ********, etc. let it stand? They face a government "enjoinment." They could and would be shut down.

The resources it would take to self-police are monumental for established companies, and unattainable for start-ups. SOPA would censor every online social outlet you have, and prevent new ones from emerging.

...and potentially disappearing your entire digital life...

The party line on SOPA is that it only affects seedy off-shore torrent sites. That's false. As the big legal brains at Bricoleur point out, the potential collateral damage is huge. And it's you. Because while ******** and Twitter have the financial wherewithal to stave off anti-circumvention shut down notices, the smaller sites you use to store your photos, your videos, and your thoughts may not. If the government decides any part of that site infringes on copyright and proves it in court? Poof. Your digital life is gone, and you can't get it back.

...while still managing to be both unnecessary and ineffective...

What's saddest about SOPA is that it's pointless on two fronts. In the US, the MPAA, and RIAA already have the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to request that infringing material be taken down. We've all seen enough "video removed" messages to know that it works just fine.

As for the foreign operators, you might as well be throwing darts at a tse-tse fly. The poster child of overseas torrenting, Pirate Bay, has made it perfectly clear that they're not frightened in the least. And why should they be? Its proprietors have successfully evaded any technological attempt to shut them down so far. Its advertising partners aren't US-based, so they can't be choked out. But more important than Pirate Bay itself is the idea of Pirate Bay, and the hundreds or thousands of sites like it, as populous and resilient as mushrooms in a marsh. Forget the question of should SOPA succeed. It's incredibly unlikely that it could. At least at its stated goals.

...but stands a shockingly good chance of passing...

SOPA is, objectively, an unfeasible trainwreck of a bill, one that willfully misunderstands the nature of the internet and portends huge financial and cultural losses. The White House has come out strongly against it. As have hundreds of venture capitalists and dozens of the men and women who helped build the internet in the first place. In spite of all this, companies have already spent a lot of money pushing SOPA, and it remains popular in the House of Representatives.

That mark-up period on December 15th, the one that was supposed to transform the bill into something more manageable? Useless. Twenty sanity-fueled amendments were flat-out rejected. And while the bill's most controversial provision—mandatory DNS filtering—was thankfully taken off the table recently, in practice internet providers would almost certainly still use DNS as a tool to shut an accused site down.
    "The reason we are being murdered with genetic altering drugs is its slow acting and it causes your body to malfunction and destroy itself so there is a "plausible deniability" factor. Unlike most poisons which leave more evidence of being the direct cause of death."

702+ pages of peoples accounts of Covid-19 vaccine damage:
    https://vestibular.org/forum/dizziness/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HJC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

.:S&P Crew:.

.:Official Wristwatch Crew:.

TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000) TravkinK is just really nice. (+1000)
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***
    ***Perth MISC Crew***

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100) smegmabreath is not very well liked. (-100)
    We need SOPA!!! It's time you freeloaders got what you deserved!

dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dontbeanidiot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ACTA has been passed and its worse than SOPA. Dead sticky is dead.
    Lift. Rest. Repeat.

Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tell me that aint true

my shield in whom I trust Danger_Close's Avatar
    Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000) Danger_Close is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dontbeanidiot View Post
    ACTA has been passed and its worse than SOPA. Dead sticky is dead.
    this

and not a singlefukwasgivenbyamericans

brb we have no right, "shut up i want my iphone!"
    Psalm 64:1-6

Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy. Hide me from the secret counsel of evildoers, From the tumult of those who do iniquity, Who have sharpened their tongue like a sword. They aimed bitter speech as their arrow, To shoot from.

MFC: They hate us because of our freedom.

I carry a .40S&W because i couldn't make up my mind.

Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000) Goby is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also the Protecting Children from Internet Porngraphy act is just as bad. But retards will support it because it has Children in the title like they supported the PATRIOT act.

"require Internet providers to retain archives of every subscriber’s online activity for up to 18 months, including phone records, credit-card numbers, websites visited and bank-account data".
    *** RB***

tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tinjuko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made a crew for us, brahs. Misc Freedom Crew
    Holdings: cepu, fdp, nilsy, nxe, ndgpy, tlrd, ogzpy, vedl, dgrly, gsh

metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000) metsbhoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Quicksilverscreen just shut down because of this ****. Fear of suffering the same fate as the guys at Megaupload I guess.

Gutted is not the word. I used that site every day.

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to unstick this since SOPA & PIPA were pretty much defeated. But, new battles against ACTA and TPP are on the horizon. Thanks for everyone who participated! The global internet community came together and made a genuine political contribution.

con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000)
    SOPA returns

Another day, another threat to internet freedom. According to International Business Times, beloved Texas Representative Lamar Smith is the author of a new bill that includes extreme surveillance provisions, and a name that will make opponents sound like criminals: H.R. 1981 (bump that last digit up three times for a more fitting title), or the 'Protecting Children From Internet Pornographers Act of 2011.'
    (i can't post links)
    neowin.net/news/sopa-author-back-and-worse-than-ever

con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000)
    womp womp womp