aklap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Whey protein and hot water

You know how some foods are changed on a molecular level when cooked, heated, frozen, etc...or the way creatine's effectiveness is decreased w/ citric acid I was wondering if whey protein was the same.
    My protein powder mixes best w/ hot water (the hotter the better); only about a 1/2 cup water then I fill it w/ a couple cups of cold milk.
    So, am I decreasing the effectiveness of the protein by doing this?

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you are using 100% whey isolate it is ok...hot water denatures whey concentrate.

Yeah, it's 100% ion exchange cold cross flow micro filtration whey isolate
    I think I got that right! lol...I don't usually buy this stuff.
    Thanks for the info.

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thats very strange that it mixes well with hot water, i have never heard of that, i guess u rea;;y do learn something new every day
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court

Originally posted by BallerPimp69
    thats very strange that it mixes well with hot water, i have never heard of that, i guess u rea;;y do learn something new every day
    Well, to clarify, I don't go out of my way to boil the water; just as long as it's warm/hot.
    It's better than downing my protein shake in the morning only to find big gooey clumps at the bottom.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As far as I know, isolate will take the heat. I would try to use the water just warm enough, but you should be fine with what ur using.