Registered User mudbloodpothead's Avatar
    mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overpowering shoulders come into during bench press

Hi guys,

I am having this problem where I find it hard to fully isolate my chest whilst training it. My front delts always come into play and I end up getting a pump in my front delts.

I have now given up on doing bench presses and am now focusing on using lighter weight but making sure I feel the contraction when doing dumbbell presses (same goes for my upper chest)

I would really like to bring my chest up as its one of my weak points.

Is there anything else which I can do?

Thanks alot!
    Pain and suffering is just a state of mind. You have to have the mindset of a freak to be a freak.

apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apmiller123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try decline bench and/or cable crossovers. I skipped bench for a while because of some shoulder pain. Ironically, there was no pain when I did dumbbell military. But the result was that my shoulders got disproportionately big and strong relative to my chest, so I had the same problem for a while. These two exercises seem to isolate my chest pretty well.

dat dere stick insect noflyingcars's Avatar
    noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) noflyingcars is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just do DBs bench. It's the best for chess mass imo.
    3k+

Registered User casticonstantinescu's Avatar
    casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10) casticonstantinescu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Based on the position of the elbow (closer to the body or further out) you use more of the deltoid versus the chest.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mudbloodpothead View Post
    I would really like to bring my chest up as its one of my weak points.

Is there anything else which I can do?
    Getting your pecs to do the majority of the work (you'll never be able to entirely isolate them) is a matter of using correct form to do the specific job. IOW, you can Bench to move as much weight as possible, or you can Bench to work your pecs as much as possible; different methods for different goals.

This vid is as good as they get:
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want another good video, look up "So you think you can bench" with Dave Tate on Youtube